Advice needed from wise women of God

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

This is a very difficult situation!  I'm sorry that it happened, and I'm glad that you are no longer with this man. My first thought was that you have to tell her.  I would want to know if it were me, because you cannot heal something until you know how broken it is.

You need to pray a lot about this before making a decision one way or another. People have referenced scripture from both sides, so I don't need to do that, but Phillippians 4:6: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Proverbs 3:6: In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.

There are a lot more, but the point is, He wants us to come to Him with these things before we decide, and before we do them. 

Keep in mind also, that there is an extremely good chance that her reaction to this isn't going to be very good.  She is not likely to be outwardly thankful immediately upon hearing this.  I am not saying this to discourage you from telling her.  Simply to remind you that when you do, make sure you bring your grace, mercy, and a thick skin.  You will likely need all three.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. First of all, good for you for walking away from this man. You are showing a lot of self-respect and respect for the sanctity of marriage. I do believe God will bless you for this.

If I were the man's wife, I'd want to know. Chances are, she probably already suspects something is up. She needs to know his heart has wandered so they can work on what to do about it. 

Just my two cents! :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/10/2017 at 6:26 PM, Intercessor Ginger said:

I obviously don't agree with this advice. I don't agree that this individual is a coward, selfish, nor do I think getting further involved in the destruction, of this marriage is the right thing to do.

I would most definitely not delve further into a marriage in which you have no part. There should be no guilt, Jesus carried our guilt and our shame.

The guilty party here is the husband and the responsibility for speaking is his. If the marriage is to be restored it's between that husband and that wife.

Having personally been in a situation similar to the one of this wife.  I agree completely. Chances are the wife already has her suspicions and she's either not ready to face them or doesn't plan to. In either of those cases it's really none of your business.  Sometimes it's better to let things lay where they may. I know that it seems like you have a responsibility or a moral obligation of sorts in this situation but really you don't.  The person who does, is the husband.  This situation is really between the husband and wife and God.  If she's meant to find out, God will ensure that she does and in a way that doesn't include you. 

The best thing that you can do for yourself and for this woman is to not include yourself further in their life. Focus on praying for them and for God'srestoration of their marriage.