eileenhat

Why is KJV misquoting Matthew 26:45 now?

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Re: A changed Bible verse on-line

There is some judgement going on write now that on-line versions (and some personal) Bibles are being fabricated.

I just watched the movie "The Passion of the Christ " by Mel Gibson (fyi, free on amazon prime) and loved hearing the Bible quotes there.  Especially the scene played around Matthew verse 26:45.

Now my on-line Bible is misquoting that verse.

What is up with that?

NIV version (still accurate)

"New International Version
Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners."

link: http://biblehub.com/matthew/26-45.htm

Now look what Kings James version says (same link).

"Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners."

Here in the Kings James Bible version it is outright not presenting the story accurately.  Jesus never told his disciples to "sleep on now, and take your rest".

What is up with that??

Edited by eileenhat

Posted (edited)

Just to add some mystery to this topic, about two weeks ago God sent me a vision about the past being altered.

I thought time travel was a myth.

Yes, I still feel that is true, in the literal sense (you know, ie. use Cern etc.).

But, what God wanted me to see in this vision is that the Bible does include a 'time traveling' situation.  It is just not using the term time travel.  Instead it says "resurrected".

In Revelations 20:1-4 we see here that the Saints souls are protected by God (fyi, under his throne), then given new bodies on Earth (so they walk again).

Rev. 20:4, KJV

"King James Bible
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Continue

So, what God wanted me to realize is that these resurrected saints will have traveled through time.  One moment that are dying.  The next, they are alive again.  So they literally were living in one time period (the far past in some situations) and now alive in modern times.  This is a form of time travel.

Just to add here.  I have done a lot of work here describing my first hand account of witnessing the Saints return Oct. 31st, 2015.  I mentioned it here because it was their souls that moved through time, not their actual bodies.  Hence they took up preordained roles (ie. took the forms of those that onxced lived, a very touchy topic here).

Summary

In my vision (2 weeks ago) "souls" were moved from the past (around 1890) to the future (around mid-1990's), and then back again to 1890's by satan's actions.  Taking with them "military" style equipment (to be specific) from our modern time.

This vision altered my perception of time travel completely.  

Edited by eileenhat

58 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

There is some judgement going on write now that on-line versions (and some personal) Bibles are being fabricated.

I just watched the movie "The Passion of the Christ " by Mel Gibson (fyi, free on amazon prime) and loved hearing the Bible quotes there.  Especially the scene played around Matthew verse 26:45.

What is up with that?

Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners."

"Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners."

Here in the Kings James Bible version it is outright not presenting the story accurately.  Jesus never told his disciples to "sleep on now, and take your rest".

What is up with that??

Actually more translations agree with the KJV on that verse than agree with the NIV.  Far more translations have something similar to how the KJV renders it.  

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

What is up with that?

What is up with that??

Hi Eileen,

I don't understand what you mean?

Matthew 26:44   And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words

Matthew 26:45   Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Mark 14:41   And he cometh the third time, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: it is enough, the hour is come; behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Matthew matches Mark in the KJV.  The online version is exactly the same as written in my book.  I checked the NIV, and both Matthew and Mark agree according to "that" interpretation.

I find the NIV is lacking because straight away I can see why Jesus told them to sleep.

Jesus forewarned Peter that he would deny him three times.

Jesus took with him Peter, and the two sons of Zebedee (James & John)

Jesus told them to pray so that they do not enter into temptation, knowing that Peter was going to deny him three times.

After Jesus returned the third time from praying, he told them to go back to sleep because it didn't matter, his time was up. By them falling asleep, and not praying (especially Peter), he let his guard down and entered into temptation.

What happened next, Peter denied him three times because he stopped praying and also fell asleep spiritually during that short space of time.  Jesus tells them to go back to sleep because it's too late now.  Time out. All has to be fulfilled.

Makes sense to me.  Your NIV appears to be missing out this fact, but everyone love to put down the KJV?  Two different translations of two different manuscripts.  What makes you think the NIV one is accurate?  Does it show you all those fine details between the lines?

Edited by Sister
Jesus tells them to go back to sleep because it's too late now. All has to be fulfilled.

42 minutes ago, Sister said:

I find the NIV is lacking because straight away I can see why Jesus told them to sleep.

Jesus forewarned Peter that he would deny him three times.

Jesus took with him Peter, and the two sons of Zebedee (James & John)

Jesus told them to pray so that they do not enter into temptation, knowing that Peter was going to deny him three times.

After Jesus returned the third time from praying, he told them to go back to sleep because it didn't matter, his time was up. By them falling asleep, and not praying (especially Peter), he let his guard down and entered into temptation.

What happened next, Peter denied him three times because he stopped praying and also fell asleep spiritually during that short space of time.  Jesus tells them to go back to sleep because it's too late now.  Time out. All has to be fulfilled.

Makes sense to me.

I picked this one verse because it is one people may recall correctly.

If you watch The Passion of Christ, the very first scene desceribes this very verse and the situation.

That at least has not be altered.

In it, Jesus comes upon his spleeping disciples and admonishes them.  For his hour is at hand.

Now the KJV version of our Bible is telling us that it is OK to ignore God's word (he told them to pray, not sleep).

That every time we disobey there are no consequences.

on further note:
Just saying the word has been perverted.

But, rather than get into a debate, I am not disagreeing with you.  Just pointing it out, that a change is afoot and perhaps, we will all see this eventually.

Easy to see more changes in our bibles demonstrated on "Eya" channel on youtube.

Not truly an accepted topic here.  Just thought I let the few people noting Bible changes that I attest to them as well.

Thanks for looking Sister.  Appreciate feedback.

36 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

If you watch The Passion of Christ, the very first scene desceribes this very verse and the situation.

So you are judging the KJV by the Passion of the Christ movie? 

35 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

In it, Jesus comes upon his spleeping disciples and admonishes them.  For his hour is at hand.

Now the KJV version of our Bible is telling us that it is OK to ignore God's word (he told them to pray, not sleep).

That every time we disobey there are no consequences.

on further note:
Just saying the word has been perverted.

But, rather than get into a debate, I am not disagreeing with you.  Just pointing it out, that a change is afoot and perhaps, we will all see this eventually.

Easy to see more changes in our bibles demonstrated on "Eya" channel on youtube.

Not truly an accepted topic here.  Just thought I let the few people noting Bible changes that I attest to them as well.

Thanks for looking Sister.  Appreciate feedback.

Hello Eileen,

I am a bit confused why you think a movie is so credible.  Have you seen some of the stuff Hollywood has put out lately like the Noah movie with Russell Crowe lol.  Movies don't have the authority is what I'm trying to say.

God bless

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So you are judging the KJV by the Passion of the Christ movie? 

Just one example of context for that particular verse (that anyone can see for themselves....but can use any movie, know one with that scene on-line?).

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Hello Eileen,

I am a bit confused why you think a movie is so credible.  Have you seen some of the stuff Hollywood has put out lately like the Noah movie with Russell Crowe lol.  Movies don't have the authority is what I'm trying to say.

God bless

Any movie will do.  We did skits at my Church every year, but can not post those.

Edited by eileenhat

8 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

Just one example of context for that particular verse (that anyone can see for themselves....but can use any movie, know one with that scene on-line?).

Most of the versions actually agree with the KJV.   The KJV is more accurate as a formal translation than the NIV. 

And we don't judge the Bible by movies.  It doesn't work that way.