eileenhat

Why is KJV misquoting Matthew 26:45 now?

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

There is a reason that is true, because the KJV is a more reliable translation.  The NIV is not reliable, particularly the version you find online now.

As I first posted, the KJV is now wrong in regards to this one verse in Matthew.

That is the example I used to illustrate that many such changes are occurring right now, in real time in the KJV (and to less extent, other versions of bible, without exception, ....ie. I have looked for myself at this for past week and a half and am overwelmed wth all the changed verses in every version now). 

I did not feel like taking on this much larger debate because it is controversial, so I am just referencing that one verse (and have posted no others here).

Perhaps in time, it won't be and we can discuss it freely here.

Edited by eileenhat

1 minute ago, eileenhat said:

As I first posted, the KJV is now wrong in regards to this one verse in Matthew.

That is the example I used to illustrate that many such changes are occurring right now, in real time in the KJV (and to less extent, other versions of bible, without exception, ....ie. I have looked for myself at this for past week and a half and am overwelmed wth all the changed verses in every version now). 

I did not feel like taking on this much larger debate because it is controversial, so I am just referencing that one verse (and have posted no others here).

Perhaps in time, it won't be and we can discuss it freely here.

I understand what you are saying, and I disagree, the NIV has it wrong as it has so many things wrong.

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

It would be heresy for Jesus to defy God's wishes here and tell all his followers, then and now, to go ahead and 'sleep', while he gets arrested, then crucified (for their sins).

Eileen

Jesus knew that Peter was going to deny him three times.  The scripture had to be fulfilled.

Do you think that Peter denied Christ speaking through the holy spirit?  What happens when you fall asleep spiritually?  The enemy gets in.  Jesus spoke in a mystery there, of something deeper.  God cannot go back on his Word.  When the Word speaks and says such and such will happen, no one can change it, not even God, because his Word is loyal and always obeys.