Jump to content
eileenhat

Why is KJV misquoting Matthew 26:45 now?

Recommended Posts

Open question since the original poster refuses to answer.

 

Why is the NIV assumed to be "correct" and its the KJV that is assumed to be INCORRECT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

You will not understand Eileen's statements until you look into what she is talking about... which is the Mandela Effect.  I've not said that I agree with Eileen, but I do know a good bit about what she is referring to.  

Please, read calmly.....

What I believe Eileen is saying that due to the Mandela Effect, a verse that was previously mistranslated in the NIV (and correct in the KJV) is now correct in the NIV and incorrect in the KJV.  Maybe she can clarify which verse she feels this is when she returns to the forums.

I don't agree with Eileen in many points, but I've seen enough of her posts and threads here to know that she doesn't favor the NIV nor any other version other than KJV, and she feels that the Mandela Effect has been used as an attack on the truest translation that we have - the KJV.  I would say that I agree in large part.  But... I know this will go over most people's heads only because they will not look into what this thread is really about.  There is a whole lot more to the "Mandela Effect" than many understand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KiwiChristian said:

Open question since the original poster refuses to answer.

 

Why is the NIV assumed to be "correct" and its the KJV that is assumed to be INCORRECT?

Since this is Eileen's thread, you'll have to ask her.  I really don't know since it isn't a claim that I made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abby-Joy said:

Since this is Eileen's thread, you'll have to ask her.  I really don't know since it isn't a claim that I made. 

She didn't say it was the entire NIV that is correct ... she is saying that specific verses have been changed in the NIV and in the KJV.  Again, you'll have to ask her.... just because I understand what she is saying doesn't mean I know exactly which verses she is speaking about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

You still have NOT proven that the NIV is correct and the KJV is wrong

John 5:39-47

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

 

Rely not on any man's translation,king or begger, all are flawed.

Rely on Jesus, BELIEVE the power of the Holy Spirit can give you life!

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I testify the knock I heard was neither kjv nor niv, but is greater in power than these.

Only Jesus!!!

 

From Oswald Chambers:

"Until I am born again and really begin to see the kingdom of God, I only see from the perspective of my own biases. What I need is God’s surgical procedure— His use of external circumstances to bring about internal purification.

Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever. Your prayer will then be, “In all the world there is no one but You, dear God; there is no one but You.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hmbld said:

John 5:39-47

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

 

Rely not on any man's translation,king or begger, all are flawed.

Rely on Jesus, BELIEVE the power of the Holy Spirit can give you life!

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I testify the knock I heard was neither kjv nor niv, but is greater in power than these.

Only Jesus!!!

 

From Oswald Chambers:

"Until I am born again and really begin to see the kingdom of God, I only see from the perspective of my own biases. What I need is God’s surgical procedure— His use of external circumstances to bring about internal purification.

Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever. Your prayer will then be, “In all the world there is no one but You, dear God; there is no one but You.”

I so love Revelation 3:20 .... it is the verse that brought me to the Lord ... I memorized it at age 6 before I knew who Jesus was.... and it was a seed planted!!  When I was age 10, I began to hear the voice of the Lord calling me... speaking to me... teaching my heart about Himself ... and I would talk to Him but I did not heed His calling until I was 13.  He is so good, loving ....merciful and longsuffering!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I don't agree with Eileen in many points, but I've seen enough of her posts and threads here to know that she doesn't favor the NIV nor any other version other than KJV, and she feels that the Mandela Effect has been used as an attack on the truest translation that we have - the KJV.  I would say that I agree in large part.  But... I know this will go over most people's heads only because they will not look into what this thread is really about.  There is a whole lot more to the "Mandela Effect" than many understand.  

I typically check the NIV and any translation on Biblehub for further understanding of the KJV (ie. the best Bible in my judgement).

I have difficulty understanding the language of King James so alternate translation help clear up context issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

Whatever. I am done with you.

You refuse to answer a simple question. I showed you what she quoted and asked you to verify it.

Shame on you.

 

You've been banned from this topic for remarks like this.  Please have a discussion in the "love of Christ".  Remarks like this are uncalled for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

So, let me ask YOU, why is the NIV correct in the verse and the KJV wrong?

It is apparent that you guys really DO hate the Word of God.

 

Really?  This is another reason why you've been banned from this topic.  There's no need for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×