IGNORED

Is it okay to ask a Christian guy to pray for you?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/10/2001

I apologize if this is in the wrong place...I haven't completely figured this site out yet, so hopefully this is posted in the right forum!

Anyways, my family is going through a kind of rough spot right now, and we're facing the possibility of having to move out of state, which I am not excited about. I feel the need for prayer for guidance and strength in my life, but there aren't many people I trust or know well enough to ask for their prayers.

There is a guy that I like and trust completely though. He and I go to youth group together (he is the youth pastor's son), and recently we have become close. He and I regularly talk, and I know that he is very strong in his faith and is a good influence in my life. I enjoy his company and have grown closer to God since I've known him. Part of the reason I am in such a tough spot right now is the possibility of me moving and him no longer being a part of my life! 

My question is, is it alright for me to ask him to pray for me? I'm sure he would in a heartbeat if I asked, but is that okay? Or would that be too spiritually intimate for us at this stage in our friendship/relationship?

He is the only person I can think of who cares enough about me to genuinely intercede for me, and I need that right now. 

I need godly input on this one!

Thanks!

Edited by Hannah England

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

It is always ok to ask others for prayer. I will be praying for you as well.

God bless

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Hannah England said:

I apologize if this is in the wrong place...I haven't completely figured this site out yet, so hopefully this is posted in the right forum!

Anyways, my family is going through a kind of rough spot right now, and we're facing the possibility of having to move out of state, which I am not excited about. I feel the need for prayer for guidance and strength in my life, but there aren't many people I trust or know well enough to ask for their prayers.

There is a guy that I like and trust completely though. He and I go to youth group together (he is the youth pastor's son), and recently we have become close. He and I regularly talk, and I know that he is very strong in his faith and is a good influence in my life. I enjoy his company and have grown closer to God since I've known him. Part of the reason I am in such a tough spot right now is the possibility of me moving and him no longer being a part of my life! 

My question is, is it alright for me to ask him to pray for me? I'm sure he would in a heartbeat if I asked, but is that okay? Or would that be too spiritually intimate for us at this stage in our friendship/relationship?

He is the only person I can think of who cares enough about me to genuinely intercede for me, and I need that right now. 

Thanks!

Of course it is OK. There is a prayer request board in this community. And there are women and men members who will happen to read the requests there. We are all one in Christ. :) Welcome to Worthy. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/17/2017 at 11:51 PM, Hannah England said:

Thanks!

Welcome!

May I pray for you?

Father, that this one may be bold in her prayers and her request for prayer is my prayer, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Don't be afraid to ask God to build up your relationship with the young man.

Even if it is over long distance.

Only God and you (and he) knows where it could be headed.

You seem to be asking more about that than anything else... unless I'm completely wrong. ← which does happen on occasion.

I meet my beloved wife in New York City July 4, 1980 over a brief port of call  there of my Navy ship.

The ship and I were stationed in Norfolk, Va.

There was no email or Skype etc. in those days.

We were married Christmas Day in New York that same year.

This Christmas will be our 37th Anniversary (by the grace of God).

Do let him know how you feel. I shutter myself over how close I came to missing out or blowing it by not stepping up or speaking out.

I respect your feelings for discretion / not mixing it up inappropriately with someone from the opposite sex.

The genders are too friendly / familiar for our own good (and have been for generations).

"How did we end up here?" (sexual compromise, pregnancy, etc.) is typically the result of the way society has let its hair down with

gender shyness (for lack of a better word).

That bashfulness is innate. God put it there to protect...

There's an Amish family that lives on my route.

While they are more modernized today, they still regard barriers between the genders as a must.

I am personally mixed on how much or how little to apply such barriers... I am amused once again to discover "balance" is the key as t appears to be

for most things.

Be blessed.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Also keep in mind the danger of relationships developing with committed trust in those prayer request to opposite sex.... take heed anyone who thinks they stand in this! 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Be sure that you never pray together at this point.  He is way too young to become serious about you.  It might be good that there will be miles between you at this time.  God will provide others to grow you in Him.  Remember that Jesus prayed "nevertheless not My will be done but Thine",  so try not to tell God what to do, but rather bend your will to whatever He knows is best for your family and you.  Moving is always scary--it is the unknown.  But it is a test of your trust in God to do what is best for you.  Be sure and read your Bible and pray every day and stay firm in your commitment to the God who is able to raise the dead.