• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

i hear random ideas to do things to myself or things i own.

ive been able to take care of myself by doing physical thing slike chores, taking care o fhygiene or meditating biblically or just turn on stories, etc

ive been pickin gmy skkin which is more like ocd or anxiety than self harm. 

im afraid i will go through wiht things cos i stil suffer.

the thing is. how do i know if i hve a true mental illness or am i possessed by a demon

I would make an appointment with a psychiatrist or clinical  psychologist for an assessment. I would also get a complete physical with a full blood workup panel. The reason why I recommend this is that they can rule things out like mental illness or some type of physical illness or even mineral deficiency. Then if that's all clear you could probably seek the advice of a priest or exorcist. 

Edited by Allroses48

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Making an appointment with a Christian psychologist is a good idea. Also making an appointment with your physician is also a good idea. Getting a good exam with blood workup. Going to a priest or an exorcist is a very bad idea. Give all of your concerns medically and physically to God. Pray. Ask God for guidance and direction in all of this.

The psychiatrist or psychologist doesn't have to be a Christian to be able to rule out mental illnesses. They are thoroughly trained in assessments and diagnostics. Yes she should see a priest or exorcist if after all the tests come back negative. A qualified exorcist will want the results of those exams as well before they even proceed with anything.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I would see a psychologist or counselor.  Many things could be causing this.

8 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

The psychiatrist or psychologist doesn't have to be a Christian to be able to rule out mental illnesses. They are thoroughly trained in assessments and diagnostics. Yes she should see a priest or exorcist if after all the tests come back negative. A qualified exorcist will want the results of those exams as well before they even proceed with anything.

It is important that a Christian seek a Christian therapist so that person can get Christian support and perspective. A Christian should not seek an exorcist but lean on God and pray.

You don't need a Christian perspective when you go to any kind of dr. You go there to get diagnosed and treated. Yes you do need to see an exorcist if everything else is ruled out. Demonic possession is very real and requires trained exorcists. They work with the Holy Spirit. Read Hostage to the Devil by Father Malachi Martin

11 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

You don't need a Christian perspective when you go to any kind of dr. You go there to get diagnosed and treated. Yes you do need to see an exorcist if everything else is ruled out. Demonic possession is very real and requires trained exorcists. They work with the Holy Spirit. Read Hostage to the Devil by Father Malachi Martin

Since this is a Christian message board this is what the Bible has to say about exorcism.

mp3speaker.pngChristian exorcism

Question: "Can a Christian today perform an exorcism? What does the Bible say about casting out demons?"

Answer:
Exorcism (commanding demons to leave other people) was practiced by various people in the Gospels and the Book of Acts—the disciples as part of Christ's instructions (Matthew 10); others using Christ's name (Mark 9:38); the children of the Pharisees (Luke 11:18-19); Paul (Acts 16); and certain exorcists (Acts 19:11-16).

It appears that the purpose of Jesus' disciples performing exorcisms was to show Christ's dominion over the demons (Luke 10:17) and to verify that the disciples were acting in His name and by His authority. It also revealed their faith or lack of faith (Matthew 17:14-21). It was obvious that this act of casting out demons was important to the ministry of the disciples. However, it is unclear what part casting out demons actually played in the discipleship process.

Interestingly, there seems to be a shift in the latter part of the New Testament regarding demonic warfare. The teaching portions of the New Testament (Romans through Jude) refer to demonic activity, yet do not discuss the actions of casting them out, nor are believers exhorted to do so. We are told to put on the armor to stand against them (Ephesians 6:10-18). We are told to resist the devil (James 4:7), be careful of him (1 Peter 5:8), and not give him room in our lives (Ephesians 4:27). However, we are not told how to cast him or his demons out of others, or that we should even consider doing so.

The book of Ephesians gives clear instructions on how we are to have victory in our lives in the battle against the forces of evil. The first step is placing our faith in Christ (2:8-9), which breaks the rule of “the prince of the power of the air” (2:2). We are then to choose, again by God's grace, to put off ungodly habits and to put on godly habits (4:17-24). This does not involve casting out demons, but rather renewing our minds (4:23). After several practical instructions on how to obey God as His children, we are reminded that there is a spiritual battle. It is fought with certain armor that allows us to stand against—not cast out—the trickery of the demonic world (6:10). We stand with truth, righteousness, the gospel, faith, salvation, the Word of God, and prayer (6:10-18).

It appears that as the Word of God was completed, the Christians had more weapons with which to battle the spirit world than the early Christians did. The role of casting out demons was replaced, for the most part, with evangelism and discipleship through the Word of God. Since the methods of spiritual warfare in the New Testament do not involve casting out demons, it is difficult to determine instructions on how to do such a thing. If necessary at all, it seems that it is through exposing the individual to the truth of the Word of God and the name of Jesus Christ.\

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-exorcism.html

There are validated exorcists and real cases of possession out there. It exists. Nothing wrong with a suffering possessed person getting help from a priest or pastor trained in it. Like I said, read that book. It's on kindle. 

Edited by Allroses48

4 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

There are validated exorcists and real cases of possession out there. It exists. Nothing wrong with a suffering possessed person getting help from a priest or pastor trained in it. Like I said, read that book. It's on kindle. 

But God is the only one who we should turn to with our concerns. All concerns. And I would rather stick to what the Bible says.