• Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Christians do NOT go to that judgment.

Hi Marilyn C,

Matt 24:29-31 is referring to Jesus gathering the tribulation saints on the Day of Atonement. What judgment?

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Being `saved,` means that we are saved from God`s judgment. So we are NOT going to be at the great White Throne judgment, as it was Jesus who took our judgment upon Himself. That is what salvation means - saved from eternal judgment!

Right, the Great White Throne is for nonbelievers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

17 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is just your ill-informed assumption.  The Bible doesn't say that the last trumpet is the Lord's voice.  You are penciling that into the Bible.  That is another example of sloppy hermeneutics on your part. 

Just because the Bible uses a trumpet as a metaphor in part of the Bible, it doesn't mean you plug that into other places where trumpets are mentioned in the Bible.

Hi Shiloh,

Let`s look at God`s word together.

`After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said “Come up hither,….` (Rev. 4: 1)

`For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first.` (1 Thess. 4: 16)

What is the `trump of God,` it is clearly God`s voice.

Marilyn.

17 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I never said that we are going to that judgement.   I guess you need to read and respond to what I actually said instead of trying to refute arguments I didn't raise.

Hi Shiloh,

This is the scripture of the `last trumpet.`

`Behold I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep. But we shall all be changed - in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.` (1 Cor. 15: 51 & 52)

This is what you said in reference to it when I said it was a word from God.

`The last trumpet is not a "word" from God.  The last trumpet is a reference to Rosh Hashanna.   There two trumpets, the last Trumpet and the Great Trumpet.   The Great Trumpet refers to the Day of Judgment or Yom Kippur.`

Thus you are confusing when the Body of Christ is caught away and the Jewish New year - Rosh Hashanna.  

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

This is the scripture of the `last trumpet.`

`Behold I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep. But we shall all be changed - in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.` (1 Cor. 15: 51 & 52)

This is what you said in reference to it when I said it was a word from God.

`The last trumpet is not a "word" from God.  The last trumpet is a reference to Rosh Hashanna.   There two trumpets, the last Trumpet and the Great Trumpet.   The Great Trumpet refers to the Day of Judgment or Yom Kippur.`

Thus you are confusing when the Body of Christ is caught away and the Jewish New year - Rosh Hashanna.  

Marilyn.

No, I am not confusing them at all.  Rosh Hashanna is a picture of the Rapture.  And it will likely be in the autumn in the season of Rosh Hashanna at some time in the future that the last Trumpet will sound and we will be raptured away.

9 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Hi Marilyn C,

Matt 24:29-31 is referring to Jesus gathering the tribulation saints on the Day of Atonement. What judgment?

Right, the Great White Throne is for nonbelievers.

Hi Heb,

Shiloh said this & you agreed.

The last trumpet is a reference to Rosh Hashanna.   There two  trumpets, the last Trumpet and the Great Trumpet.   The Great Trumpet refers to the Day of Judgment or Yom Kippur.  

That's right,

1 Cor 15:50-54, 1 Thess 4:17, Rev 12:5 - last trump
Matt 24:29-31 - Great trump

Those scriptures are a mix of the rapture and the second coming. And as Shiloh mention the Day of Judgment I said Christians will not be judged.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

Let`s look at God`s word together.

`After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said “Come up hither,….` (Rev. 4: 1)

`For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first.` (1 Thess. 4: 16)

What is the `trump of God,` it is clearly God`s voice.

Marilyn.

No, the Trump of God is distinct from God's voice.  Nothing in that passage says it is God's voice.   That is just something you are penciling into the text.   You are breaking one of the cardinal rules of hermeneutics.  You are engaging in eisogesis, reading into the passage, rather than exegesis, which lets the text speak for itself.

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, I am not confusing them at all.  Rosh Hashanna is a picture of the Rapture.  And it will likely be in the autumn in the season of Rosh Hashanna at some time in the future that the last Trumpet will sound and we will be raptured away.

Interesting bro, and your scriptures to prove that?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, the Trump of God is distinct from God's voice.  Nothing in that passage says it is God's voice.   That is just something you are penciling into the text.   You are breaking one of the cardinal rules of hermeneutics.  You are engaging in eisogesis, reading into the passage, rather than exegesis, which lets the text speak for itself.

The Trump of God is the `vibration, the quavering` of God`s voice.

Gk. word `salpigx` through the idea of quavering or reverberation.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Marilyn C said:

The Trump of God is the `vibration, the quavering` of God`s voice.

Gk. word `salpigx` through the idea of quavering or reverberation.

Again, you're really engaging in sloppy exegesis and trying to force something onto the Bible that is simply not there.   The shout and the Trumpet are mentioned separately. 

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Again, you're really engaging in sloppy exegesis and trying to force something onto the Bible that is simply not there.   The shout and the Trumpet are mentioned separately. 

Not at all trying to force anything, it is all laid out in scripture, bro,

`For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.` (1 Thess. 4: 16)

-the shout of the Lord, Gk. word `keleuma,` a cry of incitement, from `keleuo` to urge on, hail, to order, give a command.

- the trumpet of God, Gk. word `salpigx,` quavering, reverberation, a trump, a trumpet.

The first voice is a `shout` of command to the Body of Christ on earth, and the second is the authority to raise the dead. 

Marilyn.