• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't let my kid have soda. But sometimes I will let her have like 7-up or a Sprite. If we are having pizza or stop at a fast food place.  But nothing with caffeine for this child.  ADHD is bad enough without adding caffeine to the mix.  We would have supper ADHD then! :13: But to each there own, and she is getting older so I am not sure how much longer I can keep it out of her reach. But most of the time she picks fruit punch over soda anyway. 

Caffeine is horrible for anxiety. Yet many are suffering from it and consume a lot of caffeine. Your kids are going to get soda other places rather if it is at a friend's house or at school.

18 hours ago, other one said:

I watched 4 of my best friends in highschool and college destroy their lives with alcohol.....   and a few years back when my niece killed herself over alcohol, I swore my mouth shut days were over....     if people who want to abuse alcohol want to be my friend or hang around,they are going to have to listen to my very near constant message that I care too much for them to be quiet....   my niece just hurt me to the core... 

My mother was an alcoholic. We were very close and she was a very sweet lady but the alcoholism took her life.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Your kids are going to get soda other places rather if it is at a friend's house or at school.

Yeah I know and this is fine. After all it is just soda.  I'm not like "oh my gosh it's soda!":runforhills: But when I cook supper, she gets orange juice and is happy with it. Unless it is pizza night, then a caffeine free soda is fine. If she goes to a friends house and they give her a soda   with caffeine in it, I'm not going to make an issue out of it. I don't think cola is something worth freaking out over.  But really she would rather have fruit punch or OJ over soda anyway. Oh by the way. We call it pop here instead of soda. But I say soda online cause some people have never heard of pop before. :D

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah I know and this is fine. After all it is just soda.  I'm not like "oh my gosh it's soda!":runforhills: But when I cook supper, she gets orange juice and is happy with it. Unless it is pizza night, then a caffeine free soda is fine. If she goes to a friends house and they give her a soda   with caffeine in it, I'm not going to make an issue out of it. I don't think cola is something worth freaking out over.  But really she would rather have fruit punch or OJ over soda anyway. Oh by the way. We call it pop here instead of soda. But I say soda online cause some people have never heard of pop before. :D

You call it 'pop' in that galaxy far far away where you live? :P Oh well, they do up north where I'm from too but down here it's soda.  Either way, it's bad only if you drink it constantly.  Moderation is the key.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

You call it 'pop' in that galaxy far far away where you live? :P Oh well, they do up north where I'm from too but down here it's soda.  Either way, it's bad only if you drink it constantly.  Moderation is the key.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Well considering that coca cola can be used to totally clean up that grease on your garage floor. Just pour it on and wait and you have a clean garage floor. That is how caustic the stuff is.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Well considering that coca cola can be used to totally clean up that grease on your garage floor. Just pour it on and wait and you have a clean garage floor. That is how caustic the stuff is.

I can use vinegar to clean my coffee maker and nobody ever says that it is bad for me.  As was stated above, moderation is the key, an occasional soda (or a pop for LK) is not going to hurt anyone.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, and it will also dislodge battery acid build up from your car battery contacts and, I just heard this one, if you pour a two liter down your drain once a month, it will keep it in good shape.  Not swearing to that one but it's a possibility.  I gave up sodas about five years ago after I saw a time lapse video of Coca Cola dissolving raw hamburger. Yikes!

Guest shiloh357
On 5/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, MorningGlory said:

It really IS addictive.  If I don't have my coffee I get a headache.  But I don't drink more than three cups a day.  i have a friend though that drinks two Monster energy drinks every day, in addition to a lot of soda.  I have tried talking to her about this but she doesn't believe it's harmful. 

I have, more than once stood behind people at the convenience store and they get two of those Monster energy drinks and a pack or two of cigarettes. To me, that is a lethal combination.   Those energy drinks are also very, very high in sugar, 27 grams.   That's just a little over the sugar in a Hershey bar, and if you include all of the sugar people take in above and beyond what they get from the energy drinks , it is no wonder that we have an epidemic of diabetes in this country as well as obesity.   Every 3rd commercial on TV seems like a diabetes medicine commercial.   It  really is bad.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I have, more than once stood behind people at the convenience store and they get two of those Monster energy drinks and a pack or two of cigarettes. To me, that is a lethal combination.   Those energy drinks are also very, very high in sugar, 27 grams.   That's just a little over the sugar in a Hershey bar, and if you include all of the sugar people take in above and beyond what they get from the energy drinks , it is no wonder that we have an epidemic of diabetes in this country as well as obesity.   Every 3rd commercial on TV seems like a diabetes medicine commercial.   It  really is bad.

They are both equally bad. Don't forget that chocolate has caffeine in it. Dark chocolate is loaded with caffeine.