JohnD

Please also pray

14 posts in this topic

Please pray for my beloved wife whose nerve pain is still not improved. And she needs dental attention.

Please pray for our financial situation which would help in both her situations. Tooth filling replacements and the acupuncture I feel strongly will help / heal her nerve damage from shingles cost money I can't seem to provide from two jobs.

Please also pray for me as the devil is attacking through an out of control postal supervisor who ironically is a control freak.

Lastly, please pray for my health (allergies triggering asthma again... it had been a while, ah but this suffering is for life I fear).

Update on previous requests:

My missing teeth are manageable (just glad to be spared the pain and infection one was really bad, waited too long to pull),

My ideas for Supergirl, Start Trek, Interstellar II, a thing I'm kicking around about a western family during the transition from the old west to the 1950's, and a kind of new millennium Partridge Family are still works of inspiration that just don't seem to quit. No buyers yet... but I feel there will be soon. I'll really need prayer then being a Christian voice in Hollywood (especially with the vitriol there these days). At times I question that decision, where my inspiration is really coming from, and God keeps affirming it's all coming from Him.

At one time, I would have believed these things distractions from some evangelical apologetics ministry I was called to.

I did deny my writing for decades "not to take away from the ministry..." which has had the success rate of zero... 

I can't shake the feeling that God uses people who go into unlikely professions to do his work (Daniel, Esther, the servant of Cornelius, etc). 

Also the Lord has helped us through the loss of our beloved Indiana Jones.

It hurts, and there is a huge hole in our lives (he was a force of life that little guy). The veterinarian who stopped Indy's pain and ushered him into eternity bent down and kissed him on the head. 

What a doctor! What a man! And what a precious Indiana Jones! He is missed. But as I say, the Lord is helping us cope. We are happy his pain is over and he no longer has to fear mean people he had the tendency to trust too much (neighbors). We have the munchkins to keep us occupied too.

P.S.

I love to ask for prayer but I do not wish to impose. But our financial situation is critical. Perhaps the Lord is waiting for someone here to partner with him in prayer on our behalf. This is not some solicitation! Those things make me sick (ministries begging for funds) ← although I do pray for them all that are actually doing the Lord's work. This is a request for God to bless our finances (he can make 5¢ go further than billions of dollars). I recently had to increase the number of nights I work my second job at Walmart (which I am thankful for!!!). Landlord went up on the rent $200 per month and refuses to do anything but month to month.

I'm old (56) and unable to handle 14 - 15 hour workdays as easily as when I was younger.

I'm a veteran who seems to always slip through the cracks of politician's legislation (missed out on the GI bill, the use of the VA health care system and had to find my own home remedies for asthma, and to date I have not used my V.A. benefit to buy a home). That would be so blessed nice not to have to move or depend on the instability of landlords who fly off them handle when the water heater etc wears out (like it was our fault).  Sorry. I've been a wandering Gentile my whole life. And my beloved faithful bride has stuck with me through thick and thin! 

Would that we had not so much abundance but basics stability.

And at the same time we are grateful for everything God has given us.

God bless.

Praying for you and your wife, Brother ... we know God has a plan, and He is able to supply every need. 

I take it, you live in a very high cost area.  Have you considered moving to an area of the country where prices are more affordable? 

Blessings,

Abby

Praying for you guys

Praying For You Guys!

Praying for you and your wife John, God bless you both.

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

Please pray for my beloved wife whose nerve pain is still not improved. And she needs dental attention.

Please pray for our financial situation which would help in both her situations. Tooth filling replacements and the acupuncture I feel strongly will help / heal her nerve damage from shingles cost money I can't seem to provide from two jobs.

Please also pray for me as the devil is attacking through an out of control postal supervisor who ironically is a control freak.

Lastly, please pray for my health (allergies triggering asthma again... it had been a while, ah but this suffering is for life I fear).

Update on previous requests:

My missing teeth are manageable (just glad to be spared the pain and infection one was really bad, waited too long to pull),

My ideas for Supergirl, Start Trek, Interstellar II, a thing I'm kicking around about a western family during the transition from the old west to the 1950's, and a kind of new millennium Partridge Family are still works of inspiration that just don't seem to quit. No buyers yet... but I feel there will be soon. I'll really need prayer then being a Christian voice in Hollywood (especially with the vitriol there these days). At times I question that decision, where my inspiration is really coming from, and God keeps affirming it's all coming from Him.

At one time, I would have believed these things distractions from some evangelical apologetics ministry I was called to.

I did deny my writing for decades "not to take away from the ministry..." which has had the success rate of zero... 

I can't shake the feeling that God uses people who go into unlikely professions to do his work (Daniel, Esther, the servant of Cornelius, etc). 

Also the Lord has helped us through the loss of our beloved Indiana Jones.

It hurts, and there is a huge hole in our lives (he was a force of life that little guy). The veterinarian who stopped Indy's pain and ushered him into eternity bent down and kissed him on the head. 

What a doctor! What a man! And what a precious Indiana Jones! He is missed. But as I say, the Lord is helping us cope. We are happy his pain is over and he no longer has to fear mean people he had the tendency to trust too much (neighbors). We have the munchkins to keep us occupied too.

P.S.

I love to ask for prayer but I do not wish to impose. But our financial situation is critical. Perhaps the Lord is waiting for someone here to partner with him in prayer on our behalf. This is not some solicitation! Those things make me sick (ministries begging for funds) ← although I do pray for them all that are actually doing the Lord's work. This is a request for God to bless our finances (he can make 5¢ go further than billions of dollars). I recently had to increase the number of nights I work my second job at Walmart (which I am thankful for!!!). Landlord went up on the rent $200 per month and refuses to do anything but month to month.

I'm old (56) and unable to handle 14 - 15 hour workdays as easily as when I was younger.

I'm a veteran who seems to always slip through the cracks of politician's legislation (missed out on the GI bill, the use of the VA health care system and had to find my own home remedies for asthma, and to date I have not used my V.A. benefit to buy a home). That would be so blessed nice not to have to move or depend on the instability of landlords who fly off them handle when the water heater etc wears out (like it was our fault).  Sorry. I've been a wandering Gentile my whole life. And my beloved faithful bride has stuck with me through thick and thin! 

Would that we had not so much abundance but basics stability.

And at the same time we are grateful for everything God has given us.

God bless.

I pray healing for your wife, blessings of money come, enemies must run/attacks void, and for your health healing as well. In JESUS name. Amen.

prayed... love, steven

Thank you all!

Praying now