• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Spiritual realities are rarely considered by the children to the nth degree... God 'IS' getting rid of the forest and the tree what do you see now?
What I would like to see this OP do is separate us from the idols we have in our lives .... below the premise

1 John 5:19 (KJV)

[19] And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

[20] And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

[21] Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

seeing how we are storage facilities what will happen to that which is spiritually reliant upon that which is not being Spiritually kept? Is this not dire in all our lives

John 4:24 (KJV)

[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Interesting,  wholesome goal - yet if YHWH cannot force people to let go of , to renounce and to turn away from their idols that they grew up with, and the friends and family and groups they depend on for support, friendship and in life(so-called),

how will the OP do this ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

35 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Spiritual realities are rarely considered by the children to the nth degree... God 'IS' getting rid of the forest and the tree what do you see now?
What I would like to see this OP do is separate us from the idols we have in our lives .... below the premise

1 John 5:19 (KJV)

[19] And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

[20] And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

[21] Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

seeing how we are storage facilities what will happen to that which is spiritually reliant upon that which is not being Spiritually kept? Is this not dire in all our lives

John 4:24 (KJV)

[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Good scripture picks. There was one I just saw to help as well about idols that I really liked.

1 Kings 19:11

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

OT Wind, Earthquake,Fire. The idols of the OT some of them were based on things that they created, to represent false gods like winds, earth, fire and many more.  But today don't we have idols of things.  For example like the love of money, hatred, materials and self worship?  As myself and all Christians struggle with these and other idols in our lives.  Let us turn to the voice of Truth JESUS.

:)

Just now, NOONE7 said:

Good scripture picks. There was one I just saw to help as well about idols that I really liked.

1 Kings 19:11

And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

OT Wind, Earthquake,Fire. The idols of the OT some of them were based on things that they created, to represent false gods like winds, earth, fire and many more.  But today don't we have idols of things.  For example like the love of money, hatred, materials and self worship?  As myself and all Christians struggle with these and other idols in our lives.  Let us turn to the voice of Truth JESUS.

:)

yes it is exactly that which I war within my own self... to see all things as how can this be used for your glory Lord (?) a healthy and wise walkway for the feet :) 

50 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Interesting,  wholesome goal - yet if YHWH cannot force people to let go of , to renounce and to turn away from their idols that they grew up with, and the friends and family and groups they depend on for support, friendship and in life(so-called),

how will the OP do this ?

either seeing they turn -or- they are left without excuse and remain...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Like walking with God and putting Him in the drivers seat of our lives? Putting our old worldly self behind?

Philippians 2:15

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Also can we relate this to having a "lukewarm faith"?

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm glad (by the same author Peter) we are being spiritually kept :)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
(1Pe 1:3-5)

:amen:  and that spells grace not works...

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Hi enoob,

Interesting topic. My immediate thought was `man`s religious institutions,` has become our `idol,` the thing we rely on. This is very dangerous as it gives one a sense of having done their bit for God, and our organisation is doing this & this and that and so we are exempt from being specifically responsible ourselves. And I mean things such as - relating in personal ways to a few people outside the organisation, specifically giving to those around us in need and following up with hands on care, building relationships with non-Christians, discipling others in their journey.

The big organisation tends to make you think YOU are doing it, whereas God calls us specifically to be responsible for our family, friends and neighbours.

regards, Marilyn.

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Also can we relate this to having a "lukewarm faith"?

and God spitting it out :thumbsup: because of displeasure...