17 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, justbyfaith said:

Hello; I am joining Worthy Christian Forums because I experienced hostility at a different forum; and the Bible says not to sow among thorns (Jeremiah 4:3).  So I left that place but it is my ministry to share my faith on the internet at Christian Message Boards/ Forums.  I consider myself a lay minister in the Calvary Chapel Movement with a Nazarene bent on doctrine.  Also a little Seventh Day Adventism is in what I believe; but I don't know that I will express my views and opinions in that area here on these boards; since expressing these views elsewhere brought about hostile comments from opposers.  I believe that the law of God is valid for today (Romans 8:4,7, Hebrews 8:10, 10:16, 1 Corinthians 9:21, Matthew 5:17-20, James 1:25, 2:10-12, and 1 Corinthians 15:34 with 1 John 3:4).

I do not believe that the law saves.  I believe that it is a schoolmaster to lead unbelieving sinners to Christ (Galatians 3:24).  It shows man a sinner so that he will realize his need for Christ.  (Romans 3:9-20, Psalm 19:7).   Also I believe that the righteousness of the law can be fully met in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

Hello and welcome justbyfaith!  Be blessings from our LORD and SAVIOR in JESUS name. Amen!

7CIv.gif  justbyfaith  :mgbowtie:

Welcome Justbyfaith

Hi and Welcome. :th_wave:

Welcome~!

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, justbyfaith said:

Hello; I am joining Worthy Christian Forums because I experienced hostility at a different forum; and the Bible says not to sow among thorns (Jeremiah 4:3).  So I left that place but it is my ministry to share my faith on the internet at Christian Message Boards/ Forums.  I consider myself a lay minister in the Calvary Chapel Movement with a Nazarene bent on doctrine.  Also a little Seventh Day Adventism is in what I believe; but I don't know that I will express my views and opinions in that area here on these boards; since expressing these views elsewhere brought about hostile comments from opposers.  I believe that the law of God is valid for today (Romans 8:4,7, Hebrews 8:10, 10:16, 1 Corinthians 9:21, Matthew 5:17-20, James 1:25, 2:10-12, and 1 Corinthians 15:34 with 1 John 3:4).

I do not believe that the law saves.  I believe that it is a schoolmaster to lead unbelieving sinners to Christ (Galatians 3:24).  It shows man a sinner so that he will realize his need for Christ.  (Romans 3:9-20, Psalm 19:7).   Also I believe that the righteousness of the law can be fully met in those who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

Welcome to Worthy. I worked with some Seventh Day Adventists in South Africa. I was so glad they followed the Levitical law regarding food, they boiled everything and didn't eat any of forbidden foods. While I don't believe any food is forbidden myself (Matthew 15:17, Acts 10:15, Acts 11:9), I learned to appreciate the Adventist view in a area that it actually helps protect people from disease.

In addition we shouldn't judge each other on food wither we hold to Leviticus or not, "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day." (Colossians 2:16), and "The one who eats everything must not belittle the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted him," (Romans 14:3).