• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/20/2017 at 5:40 PM, Churchmouse said:

Why don't you guys take a hint from peoples user names. The name NOTSOLOSTSOUL speaks volumes to the mindset of this person, to me. Arrogance has a language all it's own and I hear it load and clear from how this thread was configured and the placing of the situation ..   It just blows my mind when people go out on a limb to answer the loaded questions of someone whose agenda isn't to listen but to instruct us in the so-called errors of our ways. What part of brush the dirt off of your sandals doesn't anyone get here?

Apparently you don't realize, not so lost soul pertains to every single Christian here. We're not lost souls! We're redeemed in Christ!

Please stop personally attacking notsolostsoul. It's against the TOS.

21 hours ago, Neighbor said:
  • Interests:Putting a smile on peoples faces

Smile everybody!:)

:24:  Perfect! 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

29 minutes ago, Willa said:

Nothing says He will do the same for unbelievers.

Perhaps not the 'same',   yet they cannot claim foul >>

Matthew 5:45 - Bible Gateway

so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

:24:  Perfect! 

There is none perfect except God. There is that little driving need for mockery of those they've failed so many times to best that so satiates the liberal pallet. You are dismissed! bye.

Edited by Churchmouse

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Apparently you don't realize, not so lost soul pertains to every single Christian here. We're not lost souls! We're redeemed in Christ!

Please stop personally attacking notsolostsoul. It's against the TOS.

Being that much, that is apparent to you has been discounted so many times within the confines of this forum, I would say that this post quite as typical.  Including the comment about attacking someone.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/22/2017 at 3:14 PM, Willa said:

So he makes us to sin?  I think not.  Christianity doesn't believe in fate--that every detail is foreordained and we are helpless pawns.  God has foreknowledge and foreordains some things as a result of that.  Having foreknowledge of the fall in the Garden He foreordained the Word being made flesh and dying for the world that believers might be saved through Him.

I'm trying to understand this post. You're saying you disregard what was posted from the book of Isaiah ? 

James 5:20 Let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Maybe what is at work here is that which does not know the teachings of Christ or the meaning of salvation and the purpose of Christ and his sacrifice? 
Every soul is lost in their sins until they find their way to repentance through God's grace. That which does not abide in the truth of God's heart and repentance is less able to see where grace is alive in the reborn. 

Edited by OneLight
removed hidden post

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 hours ago, Willa said:

So he makes us to sin?

I don't believe he makes us sin. We have feel will and our human nature makes us sin.

However I now can see (from the replies in this post) that he does allow bad things to happen in accordance with his Ultimate Plan.

So yes he knows David as he knew Job and Adam and Eve. Just as he knows the Devil but through their flaws and sins we were created.

Through their experiences, mistakes and downfalls we have Scripture and The Gifts from Jesus'sacrifice. It is all part of his plan. 

We are still accountable for our sins because he teaches us better. 

With David he didn't punish him for the killings he committed as a warrior for God. He punished him for the sin committed against God's Word. Murder for lust. David's selfish reasoning.

Thank you guys.

Even clearer than before.

51 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

I'm trying to understand this post. You're saying you disregard what was posted from the book of Isaiah ? 

James 5:20 Let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Maybe what is at work here is that which does not know the teachings of Christ or the meaning of salvation and the purpose of Christ and his sacrifice? 
Every soul is lost in their sins until they find their way to repentance through God's grace. That which does not abide in the truth of God's heart and repentance is less able to see where grace is alive in the reborn. 

Not much experience with trolls have we. We've had three here, since I've been here. Two have constructed their posts the same way as this person and his responses to the members here are similar. Please don't call into question my understanding of God when I understand all so well about the Idea of free will and when I think that free will is dedicated to playing cat and mouse with my fellow Christians I will warn them of that and that is what I did.

You can take that warning with as much grain of sand as you wish, but If I were you, I'd go to an atheist web site to hone understand how those who mook us think and operate. i would not have seen what I did here, without that experience.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago,  Willa said: 

So he makes us to sin?  I think not.  Christianity doesn't believe in fate--that every detail is foreordained and we are helpless pawns.  God has foreknowledge and foreordains some things as a result of that.  Having foreknowledge of the fall in the Garden He foreordained the Word being made flesh and dying for the world that believers might be saved through Him.

Jas 1:13  Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. Jas 1:14  But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

I am saying that fatalism is a  belief stemming from Roman gods, the Fates, and is not a part of Christianity.  Some people believe that they have no control over their destiny and are resigned to fate having control.

I don't believe that God orchestrates us to sin or tempts us in any way.  And He has also givien us the ability to resist His grace, as the Jews had done as Stephen accused them as they took up stones to kill him.  Every unbeliever has chosen to resist the light and knowledge of God, according to Romans 1.  We are accountable for our own sin and our own lack of salvation.  We are accountable for choosing not to believe God's holy word, as well.  I don't believe we can assist in our salvation in any way.  That is a gift.  But we are responsible for not receiving Christ.  

Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  Joh 3:19  And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  Joh 3:20  For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

17 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Not much experience with trolls have we. We've had three here, since I've been here. Two have constructed their posts the same way as this person and his responses to the members here are similar. Please don't call into question my understanding of God when I understand all so well about the Idea of free will and when I think that free will is dedicated to playing cat and mouse with my fellow Christians I will warn them of that and that is what I did.

You can take that warning with as much grain of sand as you wish, but If I were you, I'd go to an atheist web site to hone understand how those who mook us think and operate. i would not have seen what I did here, without that experience.

You've just violated the TOS in every way possible. And you're reported for it. 

In the meantime, I don't think you realize you just confessed in that hate filled screed that you are WILLA!  It gets to be apparent that people who sound alike here are using multiple accounts to do so. But you are actually going there to admit you are she! Let me tell you why that is apparent. "Please don't call into question my understanding of God....." 

What you quoted of Chee was her question posted to Willa's post asking for clarification. And here you are defending that as your personal understanding made public.While admonishing PlanetChee not to question it. Everyone here should question how you're allowed to personally attack someone by calling them a Troll and an Atheist in the same rant. And you edited? I wonder what you omitted being that was one of the most flagrant personal inflammatory attacks violating the rules here and would have of every Christian forum I've ever attended.