• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You sure sound like you have a deep disregard/dislike for God.  Either that, or you really do not understand life and His reason to test us.  Where did all this come form?

It's not a dislike or disregard. Just when I read scripture some of it don't add up. 

He is a perfect God and does no wrong and yet in the very scriptures themselves you can find where he perfectly is either not present or chooses not to be involved. 

This is something many can relate to in their present lives too. Feeling of God's absence.

Where they feel they are striving to live as best as they can to what would be Christ like and out of no where an affliction occurs.

This affliction can cause someone who believes they have a relationship with God to feel they are tossed out of his grace or presence. 

"Where is he? Why don't he help? I pray and pray and he is no where." "I have decisions to make I seek him and he is silent" "Yet when I make a decision, I am then chastised for it." "How is it I seek God, he gives no direction and then gets mad when my choice is not what he wanted?" These are not only my questions but are some of others I am friends with. They come up in regular conversation daily. I am trying to get an understanding. I am trying to learn but if I can not question how will I learn?

I can totally see where the idea of me having a dislike can come from, but in fact I love God. I wish I understood him more, which sometimes leads to the more questioning or trying to understand.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:40 PM, Churchmouse said:

Removed Personal Attack ... OneLight

Yes, my name should speak volumes.

NOT So Lost Soul

Meaning I am someone who is in a spiritual conflict where I sometimes feel I want to leave from God's presence for good, but God sees something in me where he won't let me go. He keeps me near.

Arrogance but not on my part. You would be surprise to know how many people I know that are going through similar spiritual battles. Some worse than me some better than me. I help where I can.

I appreciate all those that answer or try and help by answering my questions because my questions are REAL.

As for "whose agenda isn't to listen but instruct us in the so-called errors of our ways." Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

I will leave the instructing to Jesus and the Holy Spirit, even though I find it funny you used these words to describe me, without knowing me.

Maybe I can be used as a vessel to assist Jesus. 

Maybe my questioning and purpose is to stir the thoughts of those whom believe they have full understand of God and maybe I am to be used to represent those who get ignored or tossed aside "brushed off" for trying to gain a better understanding of God.

My intent was not to shake anyone's beliefs. I am simply seeking understanding.

Thank you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

7 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Yes, my name should speak volumes.

NOT So Lost Soul

Meaning I am someone who is in a spiritual conflict where I sometimes feel I want to leave from God's presence for good, but God sees something in me where he won't let me go. He keeps me near.

Arrogance but not on my part. You would be surprise to know how many people I know that are going through similar spiritual battles. Some worse than me some better than me. I help where I can.

I appreciate all those that answer or try and help by answering my questions because my questions are REAL.

As for "whose agenda isn't to listen but instruct us in the so-called errors of our ways." Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

I will leave the instructing to Jesus and the Holy Spirit, even though I find it funny you used these words to describe me, without knowing me.

Maybe I can be used as a vessel to assist Jesus. 

Maybe my questioning and purpose is to stir the thoughts of those whom believe they have full understand of God and maybe I am to be used to represent those who get ignored or tossed aside "brushed off" for trying to gain a better understanding of God.

My intent was not to shake anyone's beliefs. I am simply seeking understanding.

Thank you!

I have followed you. I've read your posts. You don't depart far from the same overall narrative. You want attention without placing any effort into approaching any further than you were when you came here. Thus the comment on your agenda.

As far as knowing you, what there is to know about a person in these sites is to read, not only what they post, but how they post, since everyone has their own style of posting and the most important information there is to be gleaned from a person  is how they respond to the responses of others. your responses are almost never positive, being at their best, noncommittal.  I don't have to know you to see you.

4 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

I have followed you. I've read your posts. You don't depart far from the same overall narrative. You want attention without placing any effort into approaching any further than you were when you came here. Thus the comment on your agenda.

As far as knowing you, what there is to know about a person in these sites is to read, not only what they post, but how they post, since everyone has their own style of posting and the most important information there is to be gleaned from a person  is how they respond to the responses of others. your responses are almost never positive, being at their best, noncommittal.  I don't have to know you to see you.

Your opinion of me is fine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

It's not a dislike or disregard. Just when I read scripture some of it don't add up. 

He is a perfect God and does no wrong and yet in the very scriptures themselves you can find where he perfectly is either not present or chooses not to be involved. 

This is something many can relate to in their present lives too. Feeling of God's absence.

Where they feel they are striving to live as best as they can to what would be Christ like and out of no where an affliction occurs.

This affliction can cause someone who believes they have a relationship with God to feel they are tossed out of his grace or presence. 

"Where is he? Why don't he help? I pray and pray and he is no where." "I have decisions to make I seek him and he is silent" "Yet when I make a decision, I am then chastised for it." "How is it I seek God, he gives no direction and then gets mad when my choice is not what he wanted?" These are not only my questions but are some of others I am friends with. They come up in regular conversation daily. I am trying to get an understanding. I am trying to learn but if I can not question how will I learn?

I can totally see where the idea of me having a dislike can come from, but in fact I love God. I wish I understood him more, which sometimes leads to the more questioning or trying to understand.

Then, can the problem be that you don't see His reasoning behind what He allows to happen, that you just don't understand, so your frustration is with yourself and hot God?

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Then, can the problem be that you don't see His reasoning behind what He allows to happen, that you just don't understand, so your frustration is with yourself and hot God?

I don't see his reasonings and I would like to. I just wish it could be explained.

He has revealed much to me, but somethings he hasn't clarified for me as of yet.

Thus the reason I question. Maybe someone can break it down for me one day.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God anoint, make suffer, bring to power and then destroy him?

David a man after God's own heart.

God knowing all and controlling all, surely knew David would be all the things he turned out to be.

So does God set people up to fail?

Being after God's own heart, will it still lead to torment?Meaning even after being forgiven will we still suffer the consequences of our actions/sins?(BEMA)

Did Jesus' death remove us from suffering at the end?

Is repenting pointless if we still have to pay for our sins at the end?

Everything is to bring God glory. Just as he planned the lives of everyone, and that he knows everything without exception, it is all to comport with God's planning. 

Ephesians 1:9-11 

Making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

"It's not a dislike or disregard. Just when I read scripture some of it don't add up. "

This is true for everyone,  even the disciples who were with JESUS,  at first.  Also later, IF they /anyone/ believes any of the stories men or demons came up with (false teachers/ false prophets/ false traditions/ false teachings)...

i.e. if anyone trusts in the flesh concerning anything, in their own life experience, etc

==================================================

"He is a perfect God and does no wrong and yet in the very scriptures themselves you can find where he perfectly is either not present or chooses not to be involved. "

He is never 'not involved'(with His children).   Likewise the Shepherd,  JESUS, is Perfect, always constantly watching/ Shepherding.

==================================================

"This is something many can relate to in their present lives too. Feeling of God's absence.

This affliction can cause someone who believes they have a relationship with God to feel they are tossed out of his grace or presence. "

Yes,  TRUTH. (WITH or without any "FEELINGS"..... //// )   This is by far the most well known,  most common fact of people's existence on earth, in the world TODAY.   For the majority of people on earth,  they are on the wide road (popular,  arm-in-arm and hand-in-hand OR even ALONE) to destruction,  and never find the narrow road to LIFE.

====================================================

Maybe my questioning and purpose is to stir the thoughts of those whom believe

Yes,  and more important maybe (since there are so many many times more),  YHWH WILLING,   of those who do not believe - who are not born again ('yet') ....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

42 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

I don't see his reasonings and I would like to. I just wish it could be explained.

He has revealed much to me, but somethings he hasn't clarified for me as of yet.

Hi notsolostsoul,

I think your problem stems from not humbling yourself (as we all have to do) to know God. You have expectations of Him to do such and such, and then when it doesn`t happen you get frustrated, cross, angry and like a `child` want to take your marbles and play elsewhere.

God is not Father Christmas, He is not a vending machine, He is not the fulfiller of your dreams or wants or whatever you/we jump up and down saying - "Do this or I wont trust you anymore."

When you look long and hard upon the man on the cross, in such agony, realising that at anytime He could have called legions of angels to help Him and deal with those who were crucifying Him, when you have really looked at Him with all our pain, then you become `broken` and willing in your spirit to let God be God and trust He knows best.

I personally think you may have been listening to the speakers who say - `God is going to fulfil your dreams, He`s got great plans for you etc etc all about you (me).` When the only plan God has, is to make us like Christ and that is a life time`s journey of continually humbling ourselves. If you (we) can`t do that then we have eternity to having our own way forever - just you, your spirit, with your own thoughts forever, no body, thus not being able to enjoy anything. 

Think carefully....Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I believe we all have questions from scripture we can't find answers to or find hard to accept, but that is because we just don't see the whole picture.  When we start to dig deeper into an issue or question, we sometimes are going in the wrong direction.  When we find ourselves lost in the woods, do we look closer at our feet and the ground we walk on, or do we seek a higher ground so we can have an overall view of where we are?  Not everything is crystal clear when we have tunnel vision.