• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

You have expectations of Him to do such and such, and then when it doesn`t happen you get frustrated, cross, angry

I personally think you may have been listening to the speakers who say - `God is going to fulfil your dreams, He`s got great plans for you etc etc all about you (me).

True, my expectations of God are to do such and such.

This is because most believe and teach mainly that God has only great things planned for you/me. So this has led me to believe that only the good is warranted by God. Not that he would ever allow bad to happen because he is so good. 

So when I read scripture or experience the negative in life it does lead me to be like "Well God what are you doing? Where is the protection? Where is the guidance? Where are you?" So yes frustration does kick in.

Now, after reading all of your replies and reevaluating I do have a greater understanding of God.

50 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

When the only plan God has, is to make us like Christ and that is a life time`s journey of continually humbling ourselves.

Now I can see that some of the bad has to happen to continue in the path of his ultimate plan.

The scriptures will have different meaning to me now that I can broaden my view to think more on a Christ like understanding.

So David was chosen for who he is/was. During the hunt from Saul he was being groomed to be what God needed him to be or become. He rose to power and did as God needed him. However since sin is within us he sinned again. God then forgave him but had to punish him/ hold him accountable. 

As for the others who may have suffered as a result of David's sins. God must have sorted out the plans and workings of how all those played out also.

Wow, he is good.

Thank you everyone for being part of my thought process and hopefully a closed to this particular misunderstanding that I had of God. 

My questions were answered better than I thought.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

True, my expectations of God are to do such and such.

This is because most believe and teach mainly that God has only great things planned for you/me. So this has led me to believe that only the good is warranted by God. Not that he would ever allow bad to happen because he is so good. 

So when I read scripture or experience the negative in life it does lead me to be like "Well God what are you doing? Where is the protection? Where is the guidance? Where are you?" So yes frustration does kick in.

Now, after reading all of your replies and reevaluating I do have a greater understanding of God.

Now I can see that some of the bad has to happen to continue in the path of his ultimate plan.

The scriptures will have different meaning to me now that I can broaden my view to think more on a Christ like understanding.

So David was chosen for who he is/was. During the hunt from Saul he was being groomed to be what God needed him to be or become. He rose to power and did as God needed him. However since sin is within us he sinned again. God then forgave him but had to punish him/ hold him accountable. 

As for the others who may have suffered as a result of David's sins. God must have sorted out the plans and workings of how all those played out also.

Wow, he is good.

Thank you everyone for being part of my thought process and hopefully a closed to this particular misunderstanding that I had of God. 

My questions were answered better than I thought.

Hi notsolostsoul,

That is so good to hear you are getting a better picture of our life`s journey to be like Christ.

Those preachers are just dangling a carrot in front of people and they keep the people coming back with never ending sermons on - Has Satan robbed you of your dream? & 7 steps to fulfil your dream, etc etc. It all appeals to our `self` and that brings frustration etc and condemnation when we think we are not good enough, have enough faith,  done enough good deeds, etc etc.

To get some proper teaching you will have to go back to the classics written by people early last century. Most popular books are all about your this & your that & how we did this & that & got this and that.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I don't see his reasonings and I would like to. I just wish it could be explained.

He has revealed much to me, but somethings he hasn't clarified for me as of yet.

Thus the reason I question. Maybe someone can break it down for me one day.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." 

At one time asking questions concerning the faith in Christ would result in arrest, punishment, and even death. At one time it was forbidden to own a copy of the gospels or the bible itself. 

Ask your questions. God puts them on your heart so that you may follow his leading unto the answers he has in store. Ours is a relationship with the most high power in all creation. Following it blindly is what leads ego's to fill the gaps lacking knowledge with their own inventions in imagination. And that is what arrested people, tortured people, and burned , beheaded, or hanged them. Because they did not all think alike about what was thought to be appropriate when thinking of God. 

I find if I let myself relax and do not think of what is the right way to go about understanding God and his word, I find he speaks the answers to me in different ways over time. 
God is a spirit and we are rightly told we must worship him in spirit. Which necessarily means, absent of the material ideology the mortal worldly mind conjures to arrive at an answer for itself so that we feel right about what we accept on faith. 

Our right, our world, is not in any way able to relate to the innate presence that is eternal spirit. God is literally everything because God is the first cause of all that became what it is. We accept God is creator but how often do we excuse he couldn't have made that. Or, this. Or him. Or her? 

Humans are egocentric by nature. We have to have an answer to everything so that we somehow feel empowered and in control of all that is. We even invent a three letter word , God, and think that within those confines eternal omnipotence must fit. That is why we need saving from ourselves. This worldly thinking. And the confines of human mind and ego. 

The why of the story of David? Only God knows. 

From his story we I believe are to glean advice, wisdom, and warning of what transpires if we believe we can play God when we don't happen to appreciate the road he's put us on. 

In martial arts, in fighting disciplines of all sort, there is a discipline that becomes apparent in the beginning. After awhile it becomes intrinsic to the student. No mind. 
The disciplined instruction passed from the Sensi , instructor, unto the student is reiterative. Then through practice it becomes intuitive. 

We are all created in God's image and likeness. We can be no less than part of the source of everything else. If you're seeking to understand God through parables and songs in the Bible you can become confused. Because everyone will read them uniquely and extract a different message from the tale. 
It is a relationship you are looking for. Not a blueprint. We are to read the Bible to glean doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. However, we are to enter into relationship with God by allowing ourselves to first feel worthy of union with our creator. 

David's story doesn't pertain to you personally. The overlapping message of his experience is what is to teach you about God. And about the mortal ego that thinks to act selfishly and as god . In David's case in that particular parable, arranging the death of Uriah. Due to his lust for Uriah's wife. Selfish indulgence. God put Uriah and Bathsheba together. David tore them asunder. 

His own guilt did the rest. What we think of ourselves and our worth consciously or subconsciously is what affects our union with the power that is inside us; God. 

That old adage? Let go and let God? Isn't easy to do being humans are control oriented. If you relax and let go over time, trusting God, having a dialog with him in prayer, or stillness, it becomes easier. And then you can see the steps he has planned for you. And the message behind ancient stories meant for you today in the Bible written in yesteryear. 

God's bounty is in your every breath. Trust you are worth his best. Because he thought you were before the creation of eternity. That's why his holy and sacred son knows your name and called you to him. Because the father knew you before stars were born.  :emot-hug:

Learn from the Bible parables. But trust you are alive to write your own story with God's help. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

Why don't you guys take a hint from peoples user names. The name NOTSOLOSTSOUL speaks volumes to the mindset of this person, to me. Arrogance has a language all it's own and I hear it load and clear from how this thread was configured and the placing of the situation ..   It just blows my mind when people go out on a limb to answer the loaded questions of someone whose agenda isn't to listen but to instruct us in the so-called errors of our ways. What part of brush the dirt off of your sandals doesn't anyone get here?

I rebuke your efforts to slander this child of God who knows themselves to be a soul not so lost as to meet your judgement of their worth. 

How dare you think to instruct anyone here to turn from this child of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

27 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

I rebuke your efforts to slander this child of God who knows themselves to be a soul not so lost as to meet your judgement of their worth. 

How dare you think to instruct anyone here to turn from this child of God.

I just love those who emote over people and situations they aren't equip to handle because they have no understanding those they speak of.  There is a reason that God spoke about removing the dust from your sandals and that is the very issue you are ignoring in your self-righteous attempts  chastise me.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

• Interests:Putting a smile on peoples faces

Smile everybody!:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

???

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

You know, You can be as snotty and cynical as you wish. I've heard worse by better, but what I am talking about is serious and no one seems to even be trying to understand. I've spoken about this before, but there seems to be far more people in the Christian community that embrace every aspect of Christianity that gives them authority to do our duties to the Lord than there are that even ponders any limitation set forth by the same God that places restrictions on that authority.  If you want to discuss that and why I posted my original post here I am game. If you wish to just snipe at my then please collect your brownie point and carry on with whatever strikes your fancy.

5 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

???

Have your fun. You can add this to the laughter you get from leading everybody else around in a fruitless attempt at helping you. It's all a game in the first place to you so please have all the entertainment you can garnish here. Be my guest. What I've said about you is spot on and the both of us know it. So does God!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/21/2017 at 8:08 PM, Churchmouse said:

Hi, Why not start a thread on it? See if anyone bites on the cheese.