• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/19/2017 at 10:08 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God anoint, make suffer, bring to power and then destroy him?

David a man after God's own heart.

God knowing all and controlling all, surely knew David would be all the things he turned out to be.

So does God set people up to fail?

Being after God's own heart, will it still lead to torment?Meaning even after being forgiven will we still suffer the consequences of our actions/sins?(BEMA)

Did Jesus' death remove us from suffering at the end?

Is repenting pointless if we still have to pay for our sins at the end?

All reject God, all. It is only by the grace and the mercy of God, that any are saved, for all deserve the just price of sin against God which is death. So do not seek what  is deserved! Instead  appreciate the mercy of God that has washed many white is snow. Isaiah 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Why not start a thread on it? See if anyone bites on the cheese.

Hi, why didn't you P.M. me with whatever you had in mind to speak to me about instead of making things personal.  I spoke from my heart here about something near and dear to me, which is seeing members of my Christian family being played a fool of. If anyone had a problem with that they could have reported me to the staff or went off on me in a PM, so we could take care of this privately. That was not done and the results that were received from me is not something I began, so please don't come at me with this start another thread in such a condescending way, if you don't want to extend this little drama. Respecting one another is not a one way street.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

3 hours ago, Davida said:

But you've said you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God so how would you be used as a vessel by Jesus if you don't believe HIS Father breathed -His spirit into the scripture?  Sounds more like a tourist then an inhabitant.  

What I have said: Is I believe the Bible is God inspired, but it is written by Man. Man is flawed and can misinterpret or misunderstand what was intended. 

This was proven in the OT and spoken of in the NT. All the scriptures about false prophecy.

I have also said the Bible is a necessary TOOL. Used by The Holy Trinity to explain who, God is, what he wants and how we should conduct ourselves.

See problem is some people find Christ in their journeys and then want to shun or outcast others in their journey. 

Not everyone learns everything at the same time. 

My questions are real as my growth in Jesus and God. 

You all can FEEL how you want and believe of me as you want.

I follow the Trinity and they guide me in scripture and in my life.

For individuals who are quick to call some out as to causing controversy and confusion. You guys are the ones that are quick to SAY these words and accuse. 

I ask questions, to get insight and views that may differ from mine so I can correct myself or I receive conformation from others from the information which is shared.

I believe all information and experiences can be easily used by God to deliver messages.

We are all vessels. We are all God's to direct, guide and use. 

I listen to Him and Man's opinion is nothing to me.

As for my name I have explained it. I can again.

I know my Soul is flawed, because I am man, meaning I am prone to sin and failure. But even with all this, even when I feel I fail and run and hide. God sees something in me and he keeps me with him. He never let's me go.

So where you may judge me for your beliefs, He knows my Heart and he chooses to keep me with him. Through persecution and judgement. God keeps me.

Even if I may feel lost or stumble in my journey. He reminds me he is with me and I am not so lost.

No matter what I or OTHERS may think.

I hope this is the last of this.

I came to worthy to fellowship, sorry if my questions shakes or stirs your faith. That is not my intention. I am here to share and learn as what I thought others are here for.

I have not judged nor call anyone wrong for their belief. That is not my job. I leave that to The Trinity.

Thank you! 

And sorry Churchmouse my smile was for neighbor because neighbor smiled. There was no ill will from my part. 

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/19/2017 at 9:08 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Why would God anoint, make suffer, bring to power and then destroy him?

David a man after God's own heart.

God knowing all and controlling all, surely knew David would be all the things he turned out to be.

So does God set people up to fail?

Being after God's own heart, will it still lead to torment?Meaning even after being forgiven will we still suffer the consequences of our actions/sins?(BEMA)

Did Jesus' death remove us from suffering at the end?

Is repenting pointless if we still have to pay for our sins at the end?

David (beloved in Hebrew) loved God. He trusted God (as much as a human is able). Remember the times he tried to fix things himself. A human frailty depending on ourselves for anything... really. He believed God. At times he fled from God as do we all. But when push came to shove he was on his face before the Eternal Majesty.

I find most puzzles are solved when I think long enough on the implications of everything having to be our choice in this life... and that this life is a proving ground between the two eternal destinies. This life is the most hell a believer in Jesus Christ will ever know. It's also at the same time the most heaven an unbeliever will ever know.

As to the BEMA  seat...

God the Father places a lot more value on his Son than most realize. 

He also places a lot more value on we who believe in his Son than most realize.

At times I dread the Bema seat judgment for all the opportunities I passed up in my life when I could have said or done something for the Lord Jesus who gave everything for me (and all believers). And while there will be degrees of reward in heaven (just as there will be degrees of punishment in hell)... what I dread about facing what I did or did not do even after all my sins were forgiven by the blood of Jesus is to face him... that pure, loving face with my failures and disappointing showing.

26 minutes ago, JohnD said:

As to the BEMA  seat...

God the Father places a lot more value on his Son than most realize. 

He also places a lot more value on we who believe in his Son than most realize.

At times I dread the Bema seat judgment for all the opportunities I passed up in my life when I could have said or done something for the Lord Jesus who gave everything for me (and all believers). And while there will be degrees of reward in heaven (just as there will be degrees of punishment in hell)... what I dread about facing what I did or did not do even after all my sins were forgiven by the blood of Jesus is to face him... that pure, loving face with my failures and disappointing showing.

For that BEMA seat, I try to live by what is directed of me by God now. Make it ME, so that when I am on that seat I have to only answer for my past before knowing him and hopefully only a few mistakes while knowing him. The mistakes while getting to know him, those might be a doosie. 

Now I can understand the last part of David's story. Even though forgiven still accountable.

Marilyn C gave me some good insight and understanding also. As well as many others.

Thank you.

Edited by notsolostsoul

38 minutes ago, JohnD said:

David (beloved in Hebrew) loved God. He trusted God (as much as a human is able). Remember the times he tried to fix things himself. A human frailty depending on ourselves for anything... really. He believed God. At times he fled from God as do we all. But when push came to shove he was on his face before the Eternal Majesty.

I find most puzzles are solved when I think long enough on the implications of everything having to be our choice in this life... and that this life is a proving ground between the two eternal destinies. This life is the most hell a believer in Jesus Christ will ever know. It's also at the same time the most heaven an unbeliever will ever know.

I have been there on the first  part, fleeing from God. 

I thank you for the last part that is deep.

1 minute ago, notsolostsoul said:

I have been there on the first  part, fleeing from God. 

I thank you for the last part that is deep.

:)

53 minutes ago, Davida said:

Ok, thanks for your response.

For me, I believe the Bible is EXACTLY what IT says what it is. I don't believe men who wrote it failed in anyway to write it as GOD inspired them to write HIS WORD --Because After all it is GOD who was incharge of HIS WORD. I believe the following two verses are LITERAL ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

2 TIM 3:16-17 (KJV)  16 ALL SCRIPTURE is Given by INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is Profitable For Doctrine, For Reproof, For Correction, For INSTRUCTION in RIGHTEOUSNESS :17 That the man of God may be perfect, THOROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS. 

God's Word is Living and Active
Hebrews 4:12 "12For the WORD OF GOD IS LIVING AND ACTIVE.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.…"

I agree with these. 

It is God inspired for the purposes listed and the outcome it is intended for.

And I agree The Word of God is living and active and accomplishes all that is stated after.

I think where people misunderstand my views or my beliefs is where

My faith is in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. God's Word is him. I believe in Him/Trinity.

My faith is not in men, because they are flawed. 

Written word is God inspired yes, but it can be misrepresented, misinterpreted and misunderstood. It is written by man. So faith in this is just as it being a tool.

It is of this world and only holds value when combined with The Trinity.  

Without the Spirit it is just man's interpretation of law.

There have been many cases where it was used by the Adversary and did not serve God.

I am not trying to convince anyone to view it my way. I share because this is a forum.

My questioning of scripture is for understanding. Just as a student will question in class.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

8 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Written word is God inspired yes, but it can be misrepresented, misinterpreted and misunderstood. It is written by man.

I would disagree, it was written by God and he chose specific hands to write it down.  It can be distorted by people because they try to interpret it rather than just read it and take it for what it says.  What you need to ask yourself is do you believe that God allowed Daniel to be placed in the lion's den and commanded the lion to close its mouth?  Do you believe that God preserved Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace?  Do you believe that God protected the first born of the Israelites in Egypt during the final plague?

If you believe God can and did do all those things, why is it so hard to believe He can preserve His word?

You have to eliminate the prejudice of what people do and say and just consider the source.  People are definitely flawed, but God is not, and no matter how many times the enemy attempts to change things, God wins.  It is incumbent for each believer to study the bible for themselves, and if this is done then there is no way anyone else can misguide them.  So to me, when any of us stand before God and try to blame our failings on some pastor who misled us, it will not be a sufficient excuse.

II Timothy 2:14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. 15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

God bless