• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Yes I  believe I understand the framing of your  initial post. I have been addressing in general the subject.

BUT, do I  personally  ask God to be fair? I don't think that would be wise for me at least. I do not want fair, for if I am to get what I deserve i am in major eternal trouble, More than trouble I am doomed. So fair is not a concern of mine, instead I celebrate in  deep appreciation that God is not fair He is perfect, and cannot, will not abide flaw nor sin, period. And yet He alone has reconciled  who He will to Him so that  I personally may be certain in my own hope of spending eternity to come with Him. As  saint in Jesus the Christ.

So fair? No siree, don't give me fair! Nor would I want to demand, nor question of God His fairness with anyone else either. For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. No one, none  are perfect, which is His Holy standard, perfection only.

I accept that God will not and in fact cannot abide anything short of perfection for He is Glory itself, perfection. I am in awe that He has solution at hand in Himself to reconcile the issue of my being a sin filled soul and corrupted body, made acceptable in His sight by His sacrifice his paying the deficiency that is me.-by, The Holy Blood of Christ Jesus being shed in my own place. Amazing!

So no I will not question God of His fairness, His perfection. I will simply be humble and trembling in my appreciation beyond the capacity of my words that it is so.  And how do I know this?- God took special care for me to know, as I was a hard head, a tough case, a resister of His word, His love, His Holiness. Yet, He turned me about in a near twinkling a whirl that  could only be of God and of God alone. Yes I do have the Holy Spirit , God within me. I  see evidence of it in my sucesses and my  awful failures. He is within. I get scolded, I  suffer, and yet I am lifted to highs beyond any  known to me  in any other thing of  life.

May you have joy in our Lord  and satisfaction in His Glory, appreciating the awesomeness that leads to questions- can this be can it be so Glorious that it need not be fair in fact it can't be. For fair would not be miraculous at all, it would only be adherence to  the standard of fallen  man in his world of relativity of good versus evil, where man judges if there is enough good to merit out weighing the evil within. God surpasses all that . He totally  obliterates it demanding by His nature perfection and then perfecting  His own in His sight by the shed blood of Jesus washing the saints white as snow.  

See if I did not ask the question, I could not have received this beautifully explained answered delivered by you.

My question of fairness was basic as if asked by a child. Yet your response has given me a more in depth view into him. Answered beyond what I expected.

He is great.

Thank you!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/20/2017 at 0:46 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Is it wrong to question God? 

We are told we should question the Spirits, does this include God's?

If I should not question God how am I to get to really know him?

Did you see, read, find, or did someone post from God's Word how many people in Scripture questioned God ?

And

from Scripture, from God's Word,  where "We are told we should question the Spirits" ?

How did the little children trying to sit on Jesus' Lap "get to really know Him?" ....  (Did the disciples know Him as perfectly as the little children did in the Scripture account?)

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Did you see, read, find, or did someone post from God's Word how many people in Scripture questioned God ?

And

from Scripture, from God's Word,  where "We are told we should question the Spirits" ?

How did the little children trying to sit on Jesus' Lap "get to really know Him?" ....  (Did the disciples know Him as perfectly as the little children did in the Scripture account?)

❤ this and yes. God and others have brought me to scripture and explained how I am not alone in seeking God through questioning.

Thank you!!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

See if I did not ask the question, I could not have received this beautifully explained answered delivered by you.

My question of fairness was basic as if asked by a child. Yet your response has given me a more in depth view into him. Answered beyond what I expected.

He is great.

Thank you!

THANK YOU, FOR BRINGING UP THE SUBJECT LEADING ME TO A REVIEW  OF MYSELF AND MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY CREATOR. Sorry for the all caps. I wasn't shouting , just dragged a tired finger across the caps lock.

34 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

THANK YOU, FOR BRINGING UP THE SUBJECT LEADING ME TO A REVIEW  OF MYSELF AND MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY CREATOR. Sorry for the all caps. I wasn't shouting , just dragged a tired finger across the caps lock.

?

I would have taken it as shouting in praise.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I get to know God through the Bible. I see Him ready to to give up on the unbelief of Israel in the wilderness.  See Him in Jesus' words and actions.  

It is more a humbling of myself before Him and not questioning Him or contending with Him.  It is a surrender and acknowledging Him as all knowing, all powerful, Creator, Redeemer, righteous, holy, loving, just judge, ruling Lord.  So I bow before Him  saying "my Lord and my God!".   Amazement and awe. Yet at times I am the little child jumping up on Daddy's lap and bubbling over telling Him about everything that has gone on, or just nestling in His arms.  

Never ask for justice.  Just rejoice in His merciful grace and be thankful we don't get what we deserve.  Jesus took that for us.

And never blame Him for the evil brought into this world by satan.  God only said He would be with us and give us the strength we need though the tough times.  Trust is built during these times of suffering, and closeness.  Our God does all things well.  He makes all things to work together for our good.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Isaiah 1:17 NKJV - Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke - Bible ...

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Isaiah 1:17 NASB - Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove - Bible ...

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

Isaiah 1:17 - Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend - Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 1:17 - Cached - Similar
Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/20/2017 at 1:46 AM, notsolostsoul said:

Is it wrong to question God? 

We are told we should question the Spirits, does this include God's?

If I should not question God how am I to get to really know him?

A man named Neal Donald-Walsh questioned God. He made a book series out of it. "Conversations With God". 

I think that helped to inspire many people to find their way to God. Yes, you should question God because he asks us to be in relationship with him. And a healthy relationship includes open communication.