• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes, you would only need the hard drive, or tower, everything else should be fine.  I would advise Windows 10 though because Windows 7 is already ten years old; I did LOVE that OS though when I had it and that was up until last year both at work and at home.

My daughter told me I would hate Windows 10. I have never used a Smart phone and that is very similar to Windows 10. I talked to a computer guy less than a year ago and he said that he thought Windows 7 would still be out for a while longer.

33 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I get that code every time I log in, but if I click on home it takes me to the regular page for forum.  Try to clear the cache on your browser, so when you open firefox, somewhere on the right side should be some options that allow you to clear browser history.  See if that works, it fixed mine, although I am using chrome.

Yes, if I click on Worthy it just takes me to the forum. But.....why is it there? It was never there before.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

For people using a laptop to browse web sites and not needing specific Windows application, I recommend a Chromebook.  They are relatively cheap, there are no concerns about viruses, and to use them you simply open the case and log in.  My wife and I have used them for 99% of our computer work for the last few years.  

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, missmuffet said:

Yes, if I click on Worthy it just takes me to the forum. But.....why is it there? It was never there before.

I honestly don't know, but since I got back online I get that same message every time I log in, so for me it was happening before the chat transition, which makes me think the two are not connected.  I never thought to ask about it since it doesn't prevent me from accessing the site, just happy to be here :) 

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have a desktop PC.It is old. I run Windows Vista.  Every time I tried to get onto Worthy I would get kicked off in a couple of seconds. I would get a white page on top that had the message " Is there a reason why this chat menu keeps popping up?". Then on the bottom there was this huge dark gray box with a white cross and some kind of White icon.

computer-losy-smiley.gif

Your computer is a dinosaur and that is part of your problem.  I have a Windows 10 laptop and a good processor.  That makes all the difference in the world on the Internet.   The Internet is always changing and we have to keep up with it.   That means getting a new computer, sometimes.

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

My daughter told me I would hate Windows 10. I have never used a Smart phone and that is very similar to Windows 10. I talked to a computer guy less than a year ago and he said that he thought Windows 7 would still be out for a while longer.

The laptop I got recently is Windows 7, so you can still get it on a new computer.  The desktop I was using that died on me was Windows 10 and I hated it, so when I had the money to buy the laptop I specifically looked for something with Windows 7.

5 minutes ago, bryan said:

For people using a laptop to browse web sites and not needing specific Windows application, I recommend a Chromebook.  They are relatively cheap, there are no concerns about viruses, and to use them you simply open the case and log in.  My wife and I have used them for 99% of our computer work for the last few years.  

My son and I share the same computer. His knowledge if very limited. I don't think that would work for us. We need to stay with what we are familiar with much as possible.

6 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I honestly don't know, but since I got back online I get that same message every time I log in, so for me it was happening before the chat transition, which makes me think the two are not connected.  I never thought to ask about it since it doesn't prevent me from accessing the site, just happy to be here :) 

I do not think that the two are connected either. I have been seeing that message for a long time. I PM'd a server and he didn't know.

Just now, missmuffet said:

I do not think that the two are connected either. I have been seeing that message for a long time. I PM'd a server and he didn't know.

I think it probably has to do with us both using older versions of Windows, mine isn't as old as yours but still not new.  Kinda what Shiloh is saying, older software is what I am thinking is why we get that message.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Your computer is a dinosaur and that is part of your problem.  I have a Windows 10 laptop and a good processor.  That makes all the difference in the world on the Internet.   The Internet is always changing and we have to keep up with it.   That means getting a new computer, sometimes.

That might work for you shiloh but it doesn't work for us. We will have to stay with what we are familiar with as long as possible. My son is disabled.