kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Is the elect in Matt. 24:22 Israelites (broadly, people living in Israel) or Christians not yet raptured? Please read context before answering.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

The elect has always meant the same thing, His children, ethnicity is not a factor.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The elect are those who have a genuine belief in Jesus Christ and are saved. Born again believers who will go in the rapture of the Church. It has nothing to do with Israelites.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

The elect are those who have a genuine belief in Jesus Christ and are saved. Born again believers who will go in the rapture of the Church. It has nothing to do with Israelites.

Yes :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

4 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Is the elect in Matt. 24:22 Israelites (broadly, people living in Israel) or Christians not yet raptured? Please read context before answering.

Anything the people speak of or about of course has to be placed in context. if I am speaking about College Football fans in a 100,000 stadium, and its in Tuscaloosa then I am no doubt speaking about Alabama College Football fans, not Florida or Florida State fans. Likewise Jesus is speaking about Israel, here who were chased into the Wlderness and are protected by God. He is telling them do not go out the the lying liars who say they are the real Messiah, preforming Miracles, for they are trying to trick you where they can kill you. I will come in the Eastern Skies where all can see me.....thus I have told you and you THE ELECT can not be deceived.

Th Christian Elect is in Heaven, having been Raptured before the Tribulation period began, naturally. 

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (The ELECT CHRISTIANS are in Heaven.........SEE !!) 

Of Course Israel accepted Christ as their Messiah before they Fled to the Wilderness also.

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Correct .... Israel is the subject of Matthew 24

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Who's correct? Daniel 11:36, Rev. Man? I agree with you, Daniel, we should analyze the passage in its context. 

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.                               The same train of thought continues from verse 15 to 22. To me the elect are the 144000.

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

19 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out . . . No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day . . . And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father.” (NASB) John 6:37, 44, 65

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Who's correct?

I Peter 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”

7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,

“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,”

8 and

“A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense.”

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

I Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

To answer your question, God is right.

God bless

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The elect are those who took a stand in the first earth age,they've already been found justified