Yowm

Purgatory

196 posts in this topic

It is simple, as YHWH'S Word says clearly. 

There never was a purgatory, and never will be.

Then , pagan men,  heathen,  came up with this idea.

Then,  deceived little children with it.

and adults...

an abomination to YHWH,  contradicting His Word every day.

Go figure.

3 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Sword I agree and that was the point of my question. Often the verse in Luke where Jesus says to the thief ... today you will be with me in paradise... to prove there's not Purgatory. It's used to say that the thief went straight to heaven. Which isnt true. He went to Abraham's bosom first than heaven. 

That verse doesn't prove OR disprove Purgatory. It has nothing to do with Purgatory either way. 

I agree.

21 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Christ died and we talk to Him. And Jesus talked to Lazarus. Who was dead.

False equivalency.  Jesus is God.  He was bringing Lazarus back to life.  We are not God.  Nor are we ever instructed to pray to people such as Mary or dead Saints.

Nothing you wrote actually dealt with the Apocrypha.  The Apocrypha is not inspired.

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The Apocrypha is not inspired.

I would disagree. The bishops that determined which books where inspired and which ones were not at the end of the 4th century declared them inspired. 

Those books come from the septuigent which 80% of OT quotes in the NT come from. The authors of the NT considered the septuigent scriputre and the bishops that closed the canon considered them inspired. 

Under that authority I consider them inspired. I'm not going to take a disgruntled Augustinian monk as my authority nor am I going to take a non-Christian faith as my authority. 

Buts just me. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, Pudgenik said:

Yet some here won't believe unless it is in the Bible, even though it is contrary to what Jesus Himself says. I can go on, but some people here have an idol called the Bible. 

Yes that was what i said, some here have made the Bible into thier idle. 

Rather thanworshipping God, His Glory and all He is, nothing is greater than the book. It has to be in the book or it is of the devil. Give me a break.

It's not the leather, paper or ink but the Words that are found in the Bible we had better believe and obey...unless you want man's word instead which normally tends to tyranny.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, Pudgenik said:

Christ died and we talk to Him. And Jesus talked to Lazarus. Who was dead.

Not while He was dead. We talk to a Risen Christ.!!

Jesus spoke to us while we were dead in sins and trespasses and quickened us...God's Word can do that.