OakWood

Beware of the Jesuits!!

Guest Judas Machabeus
58 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

You're right. Doesn't change the fact Alberto is a fraud.

Since the frauds called Alberto (and other reformers for a long time)  a fraud and did all they could to discredit him(/them), and the truth still stands unchanged,

that's good for Alberto and the reformers !

I.E>  Alberto is not the one who lied.

Guest Judas Machabeus
25 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Alberto is not the one who lied.

Umm yes he did. 

From his Wikipedia page:

According to the Cornerstone exposé,[1] Rivera had a 'history of legal entanglements' including fraud, credit card theft, and writing bad checks. Warrants had been issued for his arrest in New Jersey and Florida, and he was wanted by the Spanish police for 'swindles and cheats'. While in the U.S. in 1967, he claimed to be collecting money for a Spanish college, which never received this money. The details of his religious claims changed over time. For example, in 1964 he claimed that he had left the Catholic Church in July 1952. Rivera later put the date at March 20, 1967 - an almost 15 year discrepancy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Rivera_(activist)

Who is Cornerstone?

Cornerstone was a newspaper and later a magazine published by Jesus People USA, focusing on topics of evangelical Christian faith and engagement with politics and culture.

NOT Catholic. 

Lets see what Christianity Today had to say about Alberto:

First lets see who they are;

Christianity Today magazine is an evangelicalChristian periodical that was founded in 1956 and is based in Carol Stream, IllinoisThe Washington Postcalls Christianity Today, "evangelicalism’s flagship magazine"[2]The New York Times describes it as a "mainstream evangelical magazine."[3]

NOT Catholic!!!

so let's see what they have to say about Alberto:

Lurid anti-Catholic comic books produced by California fundamentalist Jack Chick have been denounced as "a fraud" by the influential evangelical Protestant magazine Christianity Today.

He also contends that at one point he rescued his sister from a convent in England where she was at the point of death from flagellation. In knocking down the Chick books, Christianity Today reported, among other things, that Rivera did have a sister in England -- not in a convent, however, but working in a private London home as a maid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1981/03/20/anti-catholic-comics-by-californian-decried-by-evangelical-magazine/7e8a7116-fbe6-4dcc-a365-eb32c052d842/?utm_term=.e48ecee8e24e

From Our Sunday Visitor

Christianity Today, founded by Billy Graham, published the investigative reports showing that Rivera was neither a priest or a bishop, but rather a fraud and a con man.

https://www.osv.com/OSVNewsweekly/Perspectives/Columnists/Article/TabId/797/ArtMID/13632/ArticleID/16124/Toss-out-Chick-trash.aspx

There is also an investigative piece called Alberto Rivera - a false brother. 

2 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Interesting you're entertained while posting false claims about a man who was murdered for exposing the truth. And having his legacy corrupted by RCC gate keepers who intend to sabotage his work even long after his death. And that of murdered Jim Arrabito. 

For all others not inclined to be led by promoters of falsehood. 

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/alberto.html

You know you're not going to persuade a Roman Catholic to wake up and realize what the RCC is, right? They're raised from birth in the church. the one and only savior Jesus Christ.  

This is why many people today see Francis as the lowercase a antichrist. He certainly does speak like what is described of the antichrist in scripture doesn't he? He's preaching ecumenism. Troubling considering his stance on Islam. And apparently he's ignoring ISIS having a Fatwa on him as well. 

Let's hope that never happens. I'd like to see the day Isis and Islam is no longer on the face of the earth. 

55 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

You know you're not going to persuade a Roman Catholic to wake up and realize what the RCC is, right? .....

Amein!.  As written in Scripture (God's Word) .... no man (rcc or any other) is able to receive anything unless it is granted by YHWH ABBA ELOHIM from Heaven...

Anyone who opposes the false traditions is at least in that way seeking and supporting the truth, and blessing Israel, YHWH'S people.

Anyone who goes along with the false traditions can only be saved just the same way as anyone else on earth is, since everyone everywhere on earth is consigned under sin,  to be saved , if they are to be saved,  by grace , through faith,  and even faith is no of themselves - it is a gift from YHWH completely in accordance and perfect harmony with all of His Word.

Jesuites or Society of Jesus was created by Ignatius of Loyola in 16th century. They were a major part of the Counter-Reformation and missions to countries Protestants wouldn't reach until the 18th and 19th centuries. They were an order like The Fransicans and Domicans who focused on evangelism and preaching. Their were errors like Francis Xavier who confused the Chinese by saying The Lord was Shandi (god in China). 

The Jesuites like most monastic orders and friaries became corrupt. Today's Jesuites are nothing like the pilneering Jesuites of 16th and 17th centuries who died for the faith in Japan, China, Congo, and tribal bushlands of the world. 

Today the Jesuite Order os liberal and Pope Francis I is a Jesuite. They still emphasis poverty, but they are no longer the pelegrins, fidei defensors, and evangelions they once were. 

In Catholic Church hierachy their are two streams: Traditionalists who stick to Medieval to Vatican I beliefs that are exclusive (Roman Church is the only way to be saved and is the true church) and there is the Liberal Catholics who want values and dogmas to change with the culture, ethnic, and times. Liberal Catholics come in two forms, 1) those who want to conform to the times and reform values and beleifs accordingly and 2) Liberal catholics who believe the Church, the Bible, and the Sacraments are just mythology and good for moral teaching. 

Sources:

Church History In Plain Language, Bruce Shelley 4th Edition

The Spiritual Excetcises, St. Ignatius of Loyala, founder of Jesuites

Church History Made Easy   

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

In Catholic Church hierachy their are two streams: Traditionalists who stick to Medieval to Vatican I beliefs that are exclusive (Roman Church is the only way to be saved and is the true church) and there is the Liberal Catholics who want values and dogmas to change with the culture, ethnic, and times. Liberal Catholics come in two forms, 1) those who want to conform to the times and reform values and beleifs accordingly and 2) Liberal catholics who believe the Church, the Bible, and the Sacraments are just mythology and good for moral teaching

Interesting. Not sure I fully agree. But I also don't full disagree in princlible. 

Traditionalists who stick to Medieval to Vatican I beliefs that are exclusive (Roman Church is the

No such thing. Those are Catholics, but in an age of labels and everything must have a label. I would call them Orthodox Catholics. 

1) those who want to conform to the times and reform values and beleifs accordingly

Yes there is defiantly Catholics that fall into this category. Doesn't mean they are right or that the Church supports their views. 

Quote"2) Liberal catholics who believe the Church, the Bible, and the Sacraments are just mythology and good for moral teaching" end quote. 

These would be heretics. And not Catholics. 

11 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Interesting. Not sure I fully agree. But I also don't full disagree in princlible. 

No such thing. Those are Catholics, but in an age of labels and everything must have a label. I would call them Orthodox Catholics. 

Yes there is defiantly Catholics that fall into this category. Doesn't mean they are right or that the Church supports their views. 

Quote"2) Liberal catholics who believe the Church, the Bible, and the Sacraments are just mythology and good for moral teaching" end quote. 

These would be heretics. And not Catholics. 

Actually the Pope, Magistratium, and Canons recognize Liberal and Conservative Catholics, along with 24 other groups. Many sub groups are recognized nominally, like Charismatic Catholics.

Guest Judas Machabeus
34 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Actually the Pope, Magistratium, and Canons recognize Liberal and Conservative Catholics, along with 24 other groups. Many sub groups are recognized nominally, like Charismatic Catholics.

And recognizes them in the manner you laid out?

1 minute ago, Judas Machabeus said:

And recognizes them in the manner you laid out?

Yes, you would be surprised what is now allowed under Seat of Rome. Frankly, when Pope Francis I said all people saved wither they believe in Christ or not, made his position and Roman Catholic Church irrelevant and pointless:

"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there." -Pope Francis I, (http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2013/05/29/187009384/Pope-Francis-Even-Atheists-Can-Be-Redeemed)

"All of us together, Muslims, Hindus, Catholics, Copts, Evangelical [Protestants] brothers and sisters — children of the same God — we want to live in peace, integrated," -Pope Francis I  (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/25/children-of-the-same-god-pope-francis-washes-the-feet-of-muslim-migrants/),

This integrated idea bothers me. Firstly, the former Pope Benedict IX allowed Muslim Imams to pray in St. Peters to Allah and lead everyone in prayer. This integration business has made Lutheran, Methodist, Anglican, and Presybertain churches to start changing their doctrines, becoming Unitarian, Universalist, and now many Lutheran Churches and other Protestant churches have started reading Quranic verses instead of Hymns and Psalms.