LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

So my husband's side of the family is having their annual Family Memorial weekend campout/potluck. My mother in law has some kind of on going issue with my stepdaughter. My stepdaughter was not even aware she had an issue with her until she called my mother in law(her grandmother) one day and my mother in law hung up on her. Since then my mother in law  refuse to answer the phone if she thinks it maybe her calling. My mother in law has been very vocal to me about this to the point where even if she thinks her granddaughter may have called her, she has called me up  to ranted about how she does not want her in her house and no one is to tell her granddaughter where she has moved too.   (my mother in law moved last summer) .  My mother in law refused to even contact my stepdaughter when her grandfather died until the rest of the family step in and told her that she needs to tell her.   I have been told by my mother in law that I am not to let her granddaughter know anything that is going on in the family. Well of course I have said phooey to that.  So I contacted my stepdaughter and told her when the Family Memorial Day Weekend is going to be and it is looking as though she may try to come.  I told my husband that his daughter is a member of the family and has every right to attend the weekend gathering. I told him I felt bad because she is not being invited to these things because of his mother and she has every right to be apart of it. I also told him to not say anything to his mother about it. But when my mother in law see her showing up at the get together, who knows what is going to happen! :o  

But I feel inviting her was the right thing to do, even if my mother in law gets mad about. I am tired of my mother in law trying to control everything. So if she gets mad she will just have to be mad. So be it it say. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

:24: Maybe you should make that your ring tone when she calls,LK.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Application of the principle of Matthew 18:15 might be of some help.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

3 hours ago, worthy said:

:24: Maybe you should make that your ring tone when she calls,LK.

Lol, Worthy.....nice. Thanks for the laugh. ?

Just now, Spock said:

Lol, Worthy.....nice. Thanks for the laugh. ?

Yowm posted it. But he deleted it but when I quoted him it stayed,lol

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

So, your husband's daughter and husband's mother are not exactly holding hands and making the peace sign with the other hand. 

This sounds to me like it should be mediated by your husband since it is his mother and his daughter. I agree with you, granddaughter has just as much right to be there as grandmother. Who does she think she is? Ms.  Bigstuff!  

If your husband is not so inclined to do the right thing, you can always rent me out. I've had to straighten out my 95 year old mother in law for the past 3.5 years when she moved into our house.  She too thinks she is Ms. Bigstuff, but I think I've put her in her place about as well as I can. She knows she is on a short leash and there is a Nursing Home down the road that is just waiting for her to cross that line with me one more time. 

Can you tell Im rooting for Granddaughter. 

Spock

7 minutes ago, Spock said:

If your husband is not so inclined to do the right thing, you can always rent me out. I've had to straighten out my 95 year old mother in law for the past 3.5 years when she moved into our house.  She too thinks she is Ms. Bigstuff, but I think I've put her in her place about as well as I can. She knows she is on a short leash and there is a Nursing Home down the road that is just waiting for her to cross that line with me one more time. 

:24::24:Thanks for the laugh,Spock!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So my husband's side of the family is having their annual Family Memorial weekend campout/potluck. My mother in law has some kind of on going issue with my stepdaughter. My stepdaughter was not even aware she had an issue with her until she called my mother in law(her grandmother) one day and my mother in law hung up on her. Since then my mother in law  refuse to answer the phone if she thinks it maybe her calling. My mother in law has been very vocal to me about this to the point where even if she thinks her granddaughter may have called her, she has called me up  to ranted about how she does not want her in her house and no one is to tell her granddaughter where she has moved too.   (my mother in law moved last summer) .  My mother in law refused to even contact my stepdaughter when her grandfather died until the rest of the family step in and told her that she needs to tell her.   I have been told by my mother in law that I am not to let her granddaughter know anything that is going on in the family. Well of course I have said phooey to that.  So I contacted my stepdaughter and told her when the Family Memorial Day Weekend is going to be and it is looking as though she may try to come.  I told my husband that his daughter is a member of the family and has every right to attend the weekend gathering. I told him I felt bad because she is not being invited to these things because of his mother and she has every right to be apart of it. I also told him to not say anything to his mother about it. But when my mother in law see her showing up at the get together, who knows what is going to happen! :o  

But I feel inviting her was the right thing to do, even if my mother in law gets mad about. I am tired of my mother in law trying to control everything. So if she gets mad she will just have to be mad. So be it it say. 

You and your MIL :unsure:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You and your MIL :unsure:

LOL I need to tell my husband I must truly love him to go through all of this. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Mediation and reconciliation  =  Forgiveness and Forgiveness.     

Family separation are painful and can drag on for years and for some even lifetime with no resolve.   It just pulls apart, rather than build up one another.  How we should forgive, seventy time seventy. Easier said  than done, but not impossible.