IGNORED

Are all people God's children? Why or why not?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

The idea of family likeness continues: As God's children, we bear his likeness. Conversely, the children of the Devil bear his. But once again John focuses on the ...
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not.

10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are clearly identified: anyone who does not practice righteousness [who does not seek God's will in ...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

All People are God's creation. Only those who are born again believers in Christ are God's children John 1:12; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10. We become God's children when we are truly saved. We are co-heirs with God and Christ Ephesians 1:5.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I agree with muffet.

I don't believe God would have His "children" burn  in Hell for who knows how long with no chance of getting out if they were His children.  

Just wondering....What kind of Father would do that? 

26 minutes ago, Davida said:

I got confused by the second sentence , do you believe hell is temporary for those who get sent there? 

I am confused because I am wondering what hell has to do with the OP?

Just now, Yowm said:

Off the cuff there is the children of Israel, the children of God and the children of men.

Without confusing the OP all born again believers are children of God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Biblically speaking, the word of God says those in Christ are able to call themselves the son's and daughter's of God. 

However, with respect to humanity, I would say yes, we are God's children as a whole. Because all souls come from God. And being he is the only God, none besides him, and Satan cannot create anything like unto God , all souls would then be from God. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I got confused by the second sentence , do you believe hell is temporary for those who get sent there? 

I think there is Biblical evidence to support both positions - temporary and permanent, and I am now leaning toward temporary, with God then extinguishes their life completely. 

But I don't want to derail this thread.....

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

The answer is that everyone is made in image of God, "So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." (Genesis 1:27). So every person big or small, Jew or Gentile, male or female, slave or free is in the image of God.

As for being a child of God:

"For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you." (Galatians 3:26-29). The qualification for becoming a child of God is faith in Christ (John 6:40, Romans 10:9-10, John 3:16-18, Acts 16:30-31).

For those that believe in Christ are also lead by Holy Spirit become children of God, "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father. The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." (Romans 8:14-17).

For Holy Spirit comes from Jesus and from Father, "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you," (John 14:26), "When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me," (John 15:26), "Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit." (John 20:22). Believe in Jesus and the Trinity dwells in you, because the Father is in the Son Jesus and Jesus in Father, and Holy Spirit in Them too (John 17:20-23, John 10:30, John 20:21-22). Three but One God (Genesis 1:26, Genesis 3:22, Ezekiel 28:11-19 shows Jesus judging Tyre A.K.A Satan).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

That passage isn't saying people aren't God's children. All souls come from God.