eugenelester

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

No one had to explain God to me for me to come to Him ... it was and is a heart revelation ... and from that moment, I just knew... His Word is true.                              Abby_Joy

I'm just jumping out of my chair with Joy.....isn't it just FANTASTIC to see one after the other after the other after the other...."Know whatchya know" with Blessed Assurance by Divine Revelation!!!!    Oh GLORY to GOD MOST HIGH!!!!!!   The GREAT I AM...............

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

-

We are created beings.   We exist within "time".   Time is a created situation composed of moments that continue, going forward.

Our life is similar to "time" in that we are living by moments that continue, so, time and our actual life,  is really a linked existence, in the natural realm where Time exists.

God, does not exist within this situation, as time is created for the created, and God is not created, He is Creator.

God exists within LIGHT, and we exist within time.  He can make changes within time, and can even change time, as God is Omnipotent and Omnipresent.

The link between our Time and God's light, is regeneration, as by this we are transformed into Children of the Light, eternal as He is, seated in Heavenly places,.... YET... while we still exit within time (Spirit contained within the natural body),  = we are subject to its conditions, whose conditions God created.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

This among many other things in life one simply has to accept as is.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1985

On 26.05.2017 at 9:03 PM, missmuffet said:

Question: "Who created God? Who made God? Where did God come from?"

Answer:
A common argument from atheists and skeptics is that if all things need a cause, then God must also need a cause. The conclusion is that if God needed a cause, then God is not God (and if God is not God, then of course there is no God). This is a slightly more sophisticated form of the basic question “Who made God?” Everyone knows that something does not come from nothing. So, if God is a “something,” then He must have a cause, right?

The question is tricky because it sneaks in the false assumption that God came from somewhere and then asks where that might be. The answer is that the question does not even make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things that have a smell, so the question itself is flawed. In the same way, God is not in the category of things that are created or caused. God is uncaused and uncreated—He simply exists.

How do we know this? We know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then nothing would have ever come into existence. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing thing is what we call God. God is the uncaused Being that caused everything else to come into existence. God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

https://www.gotquestions.org/who-created-God.html

Thank you for your answer, but I'm not here asking a question, I'm also giving an answer, something like yours, but with its own characteristics. My answer contains one important feature, which is not mentioned in your answer. So I allowed myself to write an article and share it on the forum. And I will be glad if you read my answer to this question and tell me what you think about it.

On 26.05.2017 at 9:24 PM, Yowm said:

The natural man does not comprehend or grasp the things of God, that would include his reason and philosophies etc.

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
(1Co 2:14)

Unless God opens a person's eyes, he cannot by his own reason, logic or intelligence come to know God.  

And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. (Mat 16:17)

When he was at table with them, he took the bread and blessed and broke it and gave it to them. And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And he vanished from their sight. (Luk 24:30-31).

Yes we can use our mind in defending the faith, but we can't 'prove' God through 'logic, philosophy, and laws of the universe' as the article stated...that is my point.

You have every right to your point of view. But I do not agree with her. And I know that I am in the minority with my point of view, even among Christians. Nevertheless, I am sure that my point of view is correct. It is possible to prove the existence of God.

On 27.05.2017 at 0:55 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Eugene

Welcome to Worthy......How could logic,reason,philosophy & the laws of the universe explain the Eternal One?From a finite mind ,define the Infinite One,Ancient of Days,the Great I AM? God Says He is "I AM".-He IS,as Yown said.......No beginning,no end,not bound by space or time .....I don't have a necessity or any desire  to speculate on the Heavenly things of God anyway  ,I believe Gods Word is exactly as He Says it is                                               With love-In Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Thank you! And to you of blessings.
But just that you yourself have tried to describe God a little using your mind, logic and the laws of nature. For without reason, logic and the laws of nature, you would not be able to understand, say and do anything at all. When you write the words you use your mind. When you read the Bible, you also use your mind. When you reflect on what is written in the Bible, you also use your mind and the laws by which your mind works. And if you believe God's words, then you know what they mean? And thanks to what you can know this? Again, thanks to your reason, logic and the laws of nature.

20 hours ago, oduma101 said:

God comes from the heaven. There are three kinds of heavens, there is more to the sky above your head than you can imagine. In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth, we were also told that God created the Heavens not that the word heavens is in plural form, the Bible portrays three kinds of heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4.. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I cannot tell God knoweth) such are one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man (whether in the body or out of the body, I cannot tell God knoweth.). How that he was caught up into paradise and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

What do you want to say? Have you read the article on the link? I actually want to say that God is eternal. And he has neither beginning nor end.

20 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I didn't open the link either because the Scripture you posted says it all for me too.  :)

And according to the reference, the answer is written for those cases when the Scripture does not have authority for a person.

19 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

God didn't come from anywhere.  God has always existed.  He has no beginning no end. 

Under the link, you can find a similar response with a twist.

17 hours ago, other one said:

many years ago I gave no small time and thought to this.     and it seems to me that at some time in the eternal past, God just was......

Since we have no idea of how the eternal past works (pre creation) we really don't have the capability of understanding the concept.....    except that at some time he simply "was".

And you did not read the article on the link? There actually is an answer. Maybe you'll like it.