• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1985

It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

That’s why I have a desire to write my own variant of the answer.
Where did God come from?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/08/1985

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

Now that I opened the link this caught my eye...

I would have to respectfully disagree on the above points.

Whether the nonbeliever accepts the authority of the Bible or not, what it has to say has all authority over them. I may not believe in heat but if I lay out in the sun for an extended period of time I'll get burnt.

The Bible does not set out to prove God, it declares Him..."In the beginning God". It's true we may need to use logic and science to help break down the faux walls a man has erected to keep God away, it still takes God's Spirit coupled with God's Word driven into the heart of man, for him to begin to comprehend God...i.e. the new birth.

I believe that we should not only use the Bible itself. God gave us reason, without which we could not read or understand the Bible at all. One must be able to use our mind well, to protect our faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Who created God? Who made God? Where did God come from?"

Answer:
A common argument from atheists and skeptics is that if all things need a cause, then God must also need a cause. The conclusion is that if God needed a cause, then God is not God (and if God is not God, then of course there is no God). This is a slightly more sophisticated form of the basic question “Who made God?” Everyone knows that something does not come from nothing. So, if God is a “something,” then He must have a cause, right?

The question is tricky because it sneaks in the false assumption that God came from somewhere and then asks where that might be. The answer is that the question does not even make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things that have a smell, so the question itself is flawed. In the same way, God is not in the category of things that are created or caused. God is uncaused and uncreated—He simply exists.

How do we know this? We know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then nothing would have ever come into existence. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing thing is what we call God. God is the uncaused Being that caused everything else to come into existence. God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

https://www.gotquestions.org/who-created-God.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Eugene

Welcome to Worthy......How could logic,reason,philosophy & the laws of the universe explain the Eternal One?From a finite mind ,define the Infinite One,Ancient of Days,the Great I AM? God Says He is "I AM".-He IS,as Yown said.......No beginning,no end,not bound by space or time .....I don't have a necessity or any desire  to speculate on the Heavenly things of God anyway  ,I believe Gods Word is exactly as He Says it is                                               With love-In Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1979

On 5/22/2017 at 10:01 PM, eugenelester said:

It seems like a very simple question and every believer should know an easy answer on it. But if we google a little bit and read the answers of the Christians and the contrarguments of atheists it shows that everything is not so simple, clear and easy.

Where did God come from?

God comes from the heaven. There are three kinds of heavens, there is more to the sky above your head than you can imagine. In the beginning, God created the heaven and earth, we were also told that God created the Heavens not that the word heavens is in plural form, the Bible portrays three kinds of heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4.. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I cannot tell God knoweth) such are one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man (whether in the body or out of the body, I cannot tell God knoweth.). How that he was caught up into paradise and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/26/2017 at 0:37 AM, Yowm said:

Without opening the link, my answer...

God IS. He always has been both in time and space as well as outside of time and space.

Amen Yown ,agree with you for 100% without opening the link..

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

41 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Amen Yown ,agree with you for 100% without opening the link..

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

I didn't open the link either because the Scripture you posted says it all for me too.  :)

Guest shiloh357
On 5/22/2017 at 4:01 PM, eugenelester said:

Where did God come from?

God didn't come from anywhere.  God has always existed.  He has no beginning no end. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God is desribed by His creation, as to pointing to, but not encompassing! God is not submitted to place because He 'IS' that He 'IS' without boundary or limitation... one cannot dwell long on the Biblical refinement of the Who of God without fear initiating in the soul... it will not be until we are rid of this flesh and place that we are at- at death- then perfect love will remove this fear for eternity!
Love, Steven

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

many years ago I gave no small time and thought to this.     and it seems to me that at some time in the eternal past, God just was......

Since we have no idea of how the eternal past works (pre creation) we really don't have the capability of understanding the concept.....    except that at some time he simply "was".