• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, warrior12 said:

This also reminds me of my sister when we were in high school.   You would go to here shared room with my other sisters and books would be all over, bed and all.  She just loved books and the rest of us play and  normal teen things.  My mom use to say, when we asked about our sister, she is reading novels. She is a trained child psychologist today and a believer then and still is.  Thanks for you little story there.  

You are welcome. :) 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am reading one of Dee Henderson's new books "Thread of Suspension". She is a Christian suspense author. One of my favorites. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am reading one of Dee Henderson's new books "Thread of Suspension". She is a Christian suspense author. One of my favorites. :)

I haven't read any of Dee Henderson's work.  But I like suspense novels so I will check her out.  Thanks for the heads-up, missmuffet!

I have recently been reading historical novels by Lynn Austin -- also a Christian.  There is real substance to them with a strong Christian message that isn't preachy or sappy or unbelievable.  She presents real characters with real problems -- and everything doesn't always work out perfectly for everybody.  I hate Christian novels where everybody gets what they want.  That just isn't real life -- not mine anyway!  :unsure:

3 minutes ago, daughterofGrace said:

I haven't read any of Dee Henderson's work.  But I like suspense novels so I will check her out.  Thanks for the heads-up, missmuffet!

I have recently been reading historical novels by Lynn Austin -- also a Christian.  There is real substance to them with a strong Christian message that isn't preachy or sappy or unbelievable.  She presents real characters with real problems -- and everything doesn't always work out perfectly for everybody.  I hate Christian novels where everybody gets what they want.  That just isn't real life -- not mine anyway!  :unsure:

I like Lynn Austin's stuff. I will only read Christian novels. No secular novels for me. But you have to realize it is fiction. I get bored with the novels that are slow and just go on and on with the characters thoughts and little dialogue. I usually put them down. I only get books from the library because I only read a book once and buying them is expensive. I read a lot . I am a very avid reader.

book-smiley.gif

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I like Lynn Austin's stuff. I will only read Christian novels. No secular novels for me. But you have to realize it is fiction. I get bored with the novels that are slow and just go on and on with the characters thoughts and little dialogue. I usually put them down. I only get books from the library because I only read a book once and buying them is expensive. I read a lot . I am a very avid reader.

book-smiley.gif

Yes, I'm grateful that my local public library offers so many Christian novels.  I wish it had more non-fiction Christian books, however.  Sometimes, if there's a Christian non-fiction book that I want to read and it's one that I think the general public might enjoy, I request that the library purchase it.  And very often, they do. 

They have purchased a number of the apologetics books I have asked for -- Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis and Seven Days that Divide the World by John Lennox for example. 

And then I pray that patrons, both Christian and non-Christian, use them and learn from them. 

Edited by daughterofGrace

1 minute ago, daughterofGrace said:

Yes, I'm grateful that my local public library offers so many Christian novels.  I wish it had more non-fiction Christian books, however.  Sometimes, if there's a Christian non-fiction book that I want to read and it's one that I think the general public might enjoy, I request that the library purchase it.  And very often, they do. 

They have purchased a number of the apologetics books I have asked for -- Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis and Seven Days that Divide the World by John Lennox for example. 

And then I pray that patrons, both Christian and non-Christian, use them and learn from them. 

I do a lot of " suggest a purchase" not that they are going to purchase the book. My library is very slow. It takes forever to get a book.

• 4 weeks later...

On 5/29/2017 at 2:15 PM, missmuffet said:

Hey MissMuffet, It's been a while since I have read a book by Dee Henderson. Do you have any particular favorite?

On 5/29/2017 at 2:22 PM, daughterofGrace said:

DaughterofGrace, I have not heard of Lynn Austin before. Thank you for taking the time to mention it. I am always on the lookout for good books. I kind of like variety in my reading, depending on how much time I have to read. Blessings :) 

On 5/29/2017 at 2:26 PM, missmuffet said:

book-smiley.gif

It's a great idea to make use of books from the library MissMuffet. It is interesting that you only like to read a book once. And makes sense then to just take it from the library. I know first hand how just one book at a time adds up and takes up space in the house :) Blessings.

On 5/29/2017 at 2:44 PM, daughterofGrace said:

Hey DaughterofGrace, I never realised that you can request that a library buys a particular book. I guess that we learn new things all the time. Blessings :)