• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/24/2017 at 7:37 AM, Running Gator said:

How could I not with as often as your post to me start with "I think..."

Can you and MG just not stop talking to each other?

Do you really hate each other that much that all you both post to each other is sarcastic?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Just now, angels4u said:

Do you really hate each other that much that all you both post to each other is sarcastic?

It's no testimony for people who are reading this bickering over and over...

Shouldn't we love each other as Christ commanded us to do?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, angels4u said:

You know, I am really getting tired of being accused of hating people.  First it is Trump and now it is MG. 

I do not hate anyone, not Trump, not MG, not you, not anybody.  Hate is a strong emotion and one that should not be bandied about with such casual regard. 

6 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

You know, I am really getting tired of being accused of hating people.  First it is Trump and now it is MG. 

I do not hate anyone, not Trump, not MG, not you, not anybody.  Hate is a strong emotion and one that should not be bandied about with such casual regard. 

Is dislike a better word?

The board will look so much better if people would not be so sarcastic... ( not only you)

You must have have noticed how rude some people can be?

After all, we're Christians?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

47 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I take you at your word that you do not hate anyone.  

Perhaps the confusion comes in this way:  Hatred is a strong motivator (but not the only motivator, obviously)  

Most of us - when we think of what might motivate other people to do things - use ourselves and our own experiences as a guide.  So I ask myself - what would motivate ME to take time out of my day to post one article after another pointing out the (shall we say) 'idiosyncrasies' of our current president?

I think back to the 90's when Bill Clinton was president.  I thought it was just awful - how could this have happened?  But most people (save family and close friends) didn't know how I felt about him.  (granted, political BBs weren't around back then - and FB was non existent).  I did put an anti-Clinton bumper sticker on my car, but that was about it.

More recently we had the 8 years of Obama.  Again, I couldn't figure out how this had happened.  He was against pretty much everything I was FOR. And political BBs WERE around - but I didn't post on them all that extensively.  Even so, I was accused of 'hating' Obama at times (even though I didn't and still don't.  My understanding of Christianity does not allow me to hate anyone). I understand your frustration.

Only you know what is in your heart and what motivates you.  I'm only posting this in the hopes you'll see another point of view.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

One has to care to hate comething .  I don't see a lot of care anywhere

54 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I take you at your word that you do not hate anyone.  

Perhaps the confusion comes in this way:  Hatred is a strong motivator (but not the only motivator, obviously)  

Most of us - when we think of what might motivate other people to do things - use ourselves and our own experiences as a guide.  So I ask myself - what would motivate ME to take time out of my day to post one article after another pointing out the (shall we say) 'idiosyncrasies' of our current president?

I think back to the 90's when Bill Clinton was president.  I thought it was just awful - how could this have happened?  But most people (save family and close friends) didn't know how I felt about him.  (granted, political BBs weren't around back then - and FB was non existent).  I did put an anti-Clinton bumper sticker on my car, but that was about it.

More recently we had the 8 years of Obama.  Again, I couldn't figure out how this had happened.  He was against pretty much everything I was FOR. And political BBs WERE around - but I didn't post on them all that extensively.  Even so, I was accused of 'hating' Obama at times (even though I didn't and still don't.  My understanding of Christianity does not allow me to hate anyone). I understand your frustration.

Only you know what is in your heart and what motivates you.  I'm only posting this in the hopes you'll see another point of view.

Blessings,

-Ed

Interesting how perception and reality are often not in alignment. 

Since the 1st of May I have started a total of 9 threads, of which 6 were about Trump.  One was a request for prayers for him and his family on the trip abroad (which oddly enough had 4 replies, one of which was me).  Another was made in jest about the glowing orb, which was not really about Trump at all but the orb, one was the posting of a news article about the firing of Comey.  

So, since May 1st, 26 days ago I have made a total of 3 threads that would contain articles that pointed out 'idiosyncrasies' of our current president.  

And yet I am accused of posting one article after another, when in fact I have posted one every 8 days on average.   In that same time period one of the other more prolific members has created 19 threads dealing with political issues, most of them being attack post pointed at the "other side".  Yet nobody has ever accused them of hate.    So, you will forgive me if I think for a moment all this carrying on about "post after post"  is just motivated by politics, and nothing else. 

Thus, back to your question, what would motivate me to post one article every 8 days about the 'idiosyncrasies' of our current president, well I post what I find interesting, and Trump's actions is nothing else are never boring.  

53 minutes ago, other one said:

One has to care to hate comething .  I don't see a lot of care anywhere

Now, this I cannot agree with, if I did not care about our country I would not be on here.  There is a great amount of "caring" going on from what I can see, I think most people are posting in here because they care. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Sorry, I stand corrected.  You didn't post articles, but you posted a lot of comments.

Feel free to ignore the rest of what I posted, then.

Blessings,

-Ed

2 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Sorry, I stand corrected.  You didn't post articles, but you posted a lot of comments.

Feel free to ignore the rest of what I posted, then.

Blessings,

-Ed

I do respond to a lot of postings, as responding takes very little time and can be done while doing other things as well.  As I sit here at home researching a company I am thinking about investing in I can take a minute and respond to you and it doesn't really interrupt too much of my day.  

I didn't realize we were keeping score though, I will have to keep that in mind.