• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

Shalom,

I have studied the Jewish Roots and spent time in Yerusalyim with Orthodox Jews. A friend and mentor of mine is a Reformed Jew.

My question is about Judaism. I always assumed Judaism is same faith Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David had. But according to some Rabbis, I have read that Judaism has changed since the 6th century into a different religion that has little do to with the Full Tankh (Torah, Prophets, and Writings) and is more do with Talmud and Midrash, "Although many Jews consider this film as Anti-Semitic, still there are several Jewish Rabbis who don't agree with this claim. This is because Judaism began only with the completion of Babylonian Talmud in sixth century AD, Judaism is not the religion of the bible, and Jews are different from Hebrews." (IMBD).

I have no intentions of stirring up any tensions, I want some answers on why there are claims that Judaism is different since 6th Century and are they accurate?

Shalom,

Fidei Defensor

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Shalom,

I have studied the Jewish Roots and spent time in Yerusalyim with Orthodox Jews. A friend and mentor of mine is a Reformed Jew.

My question is about Judaism. I always assumed Judaism is same faith Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David had. But according to some Rabbis, I have read that Judaism has changed since the 6th century into a different religion that has little do to with the Full Tankh (Torah, Prophets, and Writings) and is more do with Talmud and Midrash, "Although many Jews consider this film as Anti-Semitic, still there are several Jewish Rabbis who don't agree with this claim. This is because Judaism began only with the completion of Babylonian Talmud in sixth century AD, Judaism is not the religion of the bible, and Jews are different from Hebrews." (IMBD).

I have no intentions of stirring up any tensions, I want some answers on why there are claims that Judaism is different since 6th Century and are they accurate?

Shalom,

Fidei Defensor

Modern Judaism is not the religion of the Old Testament.   Modern Judaism is a first century adjustment to the loss of the temple.  Rabbi Yochanan Ben Zakkai ruled in 72 AD at the council of Yavneh that the works of the law would replace the sacrifices. 

In addition, Judaism is dictated more by the Talmud than by the Scriptures.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Loss of the temple must be devastating for Jews.

Edited by Absolem

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As an attempt at a partial answer, may  I suggest a look at  Karaite  Judaism? 

I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Neighbor

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Neighbor....

What is Karate Judaisn.....Chop chop?     I never heard that expression before,lol   I do hope it is meant to be  humorous...              God Bless,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I had wondered all these years how the Jewish people have been dealing with their sins since there is no Temple. I asked a Jew on another site forum and he said the sacrificial system is only for unintentional sin. Blood sacrifice is not and has never been essential to forgive sins. For intentional sins they have always done tshuvah or repentance.

In Judaism, if you sin against G-d, then you repent.  If you sin against your fellow man, then you must make it right with that person because according to Judaism, G-d has forfeited the right to forgive you when you've wronged another person.