• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1995

i have a boyfriend and he is a Muslim and i'm a christian. i broke up with him. but i still love him. how can i get over about what i feel. i want someone to lift me up. and i want to follow God's Command. i don't want to get distracted. am i doing right? :(:(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

II Corinthians 6:14  Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

I would say you made the correct decision.  When a believer gets into a relationship with a non-believer there will always be problems.  You will both end up trying to persuade the other to change their religious preference, and this will lead to conflict.  Relationships are hard enough without extra baggage.  What kind of wedding would it be?  How would your children be raised? etc.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Pray that a man be sent into his life to share Christ with him, befriend him and show him that we worship a God of love and comfort, unlike the god of the Koran.  

I know a Christian woman who married a muslim.  He was very kind until after they were married when he began to treat her like an object he possessed.  He became abusive.  She finally obtained a divorce but had two children that he tried to take from her and take to Syria.  She was running from him in fear of losing her children.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Jesica said:

i have a boyfriend and he is a Muslim and i'm a christian. i broke up with him. but i still love him. how can i get over about what i feel. i want someone to lift me up. and i want to follow God's Command. i don't want to get distracted. am i doing right? :(:(

If you should marry a man who is Muslim you would be unevenly yoked in the eyes of God. The Bible tells us that this is not a relationship or marriage that God wants us to have. I suggest that you pray to God and tell Him exactly what is on your heart. Ask God if it is His will that you marry that He will bring someone into your life who glorifies God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

The Bible doesn't really recognize the idea of "boyfriends and girlfriends" or "dating." There's unmarried, engaged, and married. The modern concept of dating has really messed things up, frankly.

You've made the correct decision. Speak honestly to the Lord about what you're feeling; ask Him to heal your heart and mind, ask Him to work in your ex-boyfriend's life to lead him to Christ, and ask the Lord to help you meet a righteous, Christian man who would be a good husband for you according to God's will.

In the meantime, might I suggest you look up Voddie Baucham's messaged on love and marriage on Youtube? It could be transformational in your understanding of the topic. God bless, sister!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Islam will not allow someone to leave without persecution sometimes death....it is serious.

You are more likely to be compelled to join Islam or both of you will suffer.

If you really want to know how strongly Muslims are entrenched in their religious culture I suggest reading "Seeking Allah Finding Jesus" by Nabeel Qureshi. It is an easy and informative read , giving explanations and definitions as you go along.

Nabeel does a very good job of describing how Islam is taught to Muslims is entrenched in every aspect of their lives and the repercussions for turning away from it.

Nabeel in the end becomes a Christian and he writes about that journey, its risks and the struggles he went through as he dealt with the realization that to choose Christianity would mean turning away from not only Islam but everyone he knows and loves.

He paid a heavy price in loosing his family and friends. If you are not willing to turn away from Jesus and what He stands for as your Lord and Savior, you have to make that a deal breaker and your friend has to be willing to do what Nabeel has done, turn from Mohamed and Allah to Jesus. 

Edited by Mike 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Your first love is Jesus...He first loved you even before you knew Him. Do what will please Him and ask Jesus to give you someone who will strengthen your faith and love for Him. Do not mix with someone who is an enemy of your faith in Jesus. 

When you meet the one God chose for you, you will wonder what you ever saw in this man. Trust that God has planned for your good. He never makes mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

I have written a book, "The Marriage Triangle, God's Geometry for a Healthy Marriage". You can get it on Amazon. Now after the unashamed plug, here is my response to you:

Others have rightly said that Jesus is your first love. IF Jesus is your first love, then serve him with your whole heart and your whole being. That means finding a church to serve and finding out what your spiritual gifts and callings are. In this, you cannot wait until after you are married to discover them or there will always be discord. As others have said, marrying someone who is not a Christian is unequally yoked and NOT recommended. I have friends whose daughter married a Muslim man and not only their daughter's life has been hell, but the childrens' lives and the parent's lives. Why? Because Muslims do not serve the same God as Christians.

You need to find yourself fulfilled in your ministry to the Lord with your life. The man that God has for you will manifest himself by being someone who wants you to be all God wants you to be and comes along side you and facilitates your spiritual journey. The man God has for you many not seem like the man at first, but over time "it grows on you both". When you both are 100% sold out for Jesus and serving Him together, THEN AND ONLY THEN do you even have a rational reason for asking Jesus if this is the right person for you.

Yes, I know this is radical. But I raised 9 children, most of whom are married now. I have seen every permutation and the only one that works is the one I've stated above.  I have one daughter who has been married for nearly 15 years and it has all been hell because she wanted to be married...she made a bad choice and now she is saddled with a nice man who is handicapped and cannot work, nor can he draw disability...so she lives out hell every single day...and she was raised in a Christian home and so was he....reality doesn't always equal "true love".

My advice? Be patient and get as close to Jesus as you can right now. Don't even address romance. Go out on dates to have fun and learn about the opposite sex, but I would not go anywhere with a man unless it was at least a double date (safety in numbers). God will honor your virtue and your efforts to glorify Him in your relationship life. If you set out for the "long haul", you may be surprised at how quickly God will send "the one".

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Jesica,

This is a tough situation and I feel for you. I, myself, have been in the same situation with an atheist. 2 Corinthians 6:14 says not to be unequally yoked, which I'm sure you well know. Visit this site https://www.gotquestions.org/unequally-yoked.html to understand more about where that verse comes from and what it means. There's some great reading there.

Furthermore, you are a gem. You are a child of God. You are unique and precious. And you are loved with an everlasting love. Don't settle. Pray for someone who is trustworthy, helpful, hard-working, compassionate, wise, and trusts Jesus. Go to church. Join a small group. Volunteer to go on mission's trips. Show up to events/places that will attract a God-fearing man. Trust God's plan for your life. He wants to bring you unimaginable blessings!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 5/23/2017 at 3:09 AM, Jesica said:

Believers are heavenly while the inhabitants on earth are all born of Satan. Just enjoy the earthly things while waiting for the new heaven and earth to appear after the death of all the inhabitants on earth. 

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes. 
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. 
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. 
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.