Isn't it amazing

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Recently got into an online debate with a relative of mine.  Basically  in my country gay marriage is illegal but Canada was encourage us to legalise  htm my cousin at is loudly pro gay  posted it saying -Yaay Canada.  I retorted-Mind your business Canada.  It eventually became a long debate  which I now realise was pointless (the natural man can't understand Gods word) but heres an interesting part that came out of it.

Isn't it amusing how  people throw about the fact that God will judge  as some sort of excuse or relief  for sin? Notbto sound rough.... butvthey obviously don't know who they're  messing with

2017-05-23 06.16.32.png

Yeah. But that's notbthe point in this 

simply this- Gods word is absolute. dont cherry pick it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I'm Canadian.  The legalization of homosexual marriages represents one of my country's saddest moments.  By all means, do NOT follow our lead.

56 minutes ago, daughterofGrace said:

I'm Canadian.  The legalization of homosexual marriages represents one of my country's saddest moments.  By all means, do NOT follow our lead.

Youre preaching to the choir

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

13 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Recently got into an online debate with a relative of mine.  Basically  in my country gay marriage is illegal but Canada was encourage us to legalise  htm my cousin at is loudly pro gay  posted it saying -Yaay Canada.  I retorted-Mind your business Canada.  It eventually became a long debate  which I now realise was pointless (the natural man can't understand Gods word) but heres an interesting part that came out of it.

Isn't it amusing how  people throw about the fact that God will judge  as some sort of excuse or relief  for sin? Notbto sound rough.... butvthey obviously don't know who they're  messing with

2017-05-23 06.16.32.png

Something I learned sometime ago is that, particularly when it comes to the gay debate, Christians seem to take the stance that a gay person cannot become a Christian unless they stop being gay and gay people think they cannot become a Christian unless somehow the idea of homosexuality as being sin is removed from the bible.

Both parties forget or don't realize that heaven to this day is full of sinners that are only there because of the righteousness of Jesus. AND....Christians continue to be sinners.

Sin whether stealing, telling a lie, murdering or homosexuality has been removed once, for all by Christ at the cross. The forgiveness has already been done, nothing has to change before you can accept it. I don't have to change anything first to accept that forgiveness!!!

I just have to accept that I need forgiveness. In a true believer the Holy Spirit effects  spiritual truth and change.

I have learned to focus on the forgiveness that we have been given and how it is available to us despite the sin we are caught up in.....no matter what that is.

We too easily get sucked into the homosexuality merry go round and whether it is natural, un natural, etc. When that happens we completely miss the message of forgiveness.

Keep in mind that homosexuality is not the only sin in a gay persons life, its just the obvious one.

We need to focus on the fact that sin is forgiven and bring to the fore that we sin in many ways. With gay people we need to get off the merry go round and talk about sin in general and the forgiveness of it ONCE for ALL.

Bottom line is, I was a sinner when I was saved

Ah shucks, ....I may as well admit it....geee, I continue to sin.

How about you?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Heterosexuals need Christ just as much as homosexuals.

There's something bigger going on than keeping vigil on these points of Law.

Winn them to Christ first.

I have heard horror stories about Canadian interference with Churches for teaching homosexuality is wrong.

What got Canada that way (IMHO) was the

• overemphasis on homosexual sin and not enough on heterosexual sin
  • knit picking these points of Law and forgetting all about the Gospel of Grace
  • working up the opposition's ire.

The Church (organization) did this with the atheists and humanists and on and on and all it does eventually is get the whole world riled against Christ for the poor showing of those who claimed to live in the name of Christ.

For years I witnessed to an atheist coworker (who "grew up Catholic").  He had all the counter responses down pat. But he never got to use them (with me). The Spirit led me to be a Christian friend to this guy rather than a stick that prods him or gets into arguments with him. I left that office 9 years ago. As far as I know, he has not changed his beliefs. But I believe seeds of potential were sown into his life. I gave him books by Dr. A.E. Wilder-Smith to read if he chose. He was a hard rock fan ever listening to his head phones so I gave him some Glass Harp MP3s to listen to. Which he liked but said "Hey! This is JESUS music!" I asked, do you like it? He had to admit he did.

If any are led to pray for him his name is Arthur.

Point is, he stood a better chance of believing than if I hit him with the hard core "you're going to hell" pitch.

Same with a lesbian couple I witnessed to but showing them a Christian is not about lighting the faggot bush (which is what was used to burn homosexuals alive and hence the derogatory name).

When we have worked someone up to the point of vitriol we have to stop doing what we did to provoke that situation.

If we ever gained their trust, we could have tried to show them that the affirmation they seek they will never find, for the one who can give it never will (ironically, that's not God but themselves). Deep down they know it's unnatural... just like heterosexuals know deep down when we do something adulterous or perverted...

(BTW adulterous / perverted is ANY thing outside the Bible's prescription for sex and sexuality including lust, exposure, remarriage, flirting, etc).

God i not trying to improve this life but rather save people from it and from the predestined hell all are born to.