Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

Is the Pope the false prophet of Revelation 13?

"Then I saw another beast rising out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb and it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercises all the authority of the first beast in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound was healed. 13 It performs great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in front of people, 14 and by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth, telling them to make an image for the beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 And it was allowed to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast might even speak and might cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be slain. 16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave,to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666." (Revelation 13:13-18).

Pope Francis has preached a false gospel and has healing powers (http://video.foxnews.com/v/4881707767001/families-speak-on-stories-of-pope-francis-healing-powers/?#sp=show-clips):

"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there." -Pope Francis I, (http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2013/05/29/187009384/Pope-Francis-Even-Atheists-Can-Be-Redeemed)

"All of us together, Muslims, Hindus, Catholics, Copts, Evangelical [Protestants] brothers and sisters — children of the same God — we want to live in peace, integrated," -Pope Francis I  (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/03/25/children-of-the-same-god-pope-francis-washes-the-feet-of-muslim-migrants/). t

This integrated has caused many Protestant denominations to become Universalist and to read Quranic verses instead of reading the Pslams or Liturgy in Europe. The previous Pope had Muslim imams lead a prayer to Allah at St. Peter's and now visioners of the Appartion Fatima (Mary) have been canonized, mind you Fatima in Islam is the daughert of Muhammed. Very concerning.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps a type in some vague ways, and a false prophet but not thee false prophet. That privilege may be had by a future pope.

Speaks like a dragon? Only if the dragon and serpent are the same word in Greek.

Perhaps this symbolic, meaning he speaks like Satan the Dragon (Revelation 12:7-12). I think its Satanic to preach another gospel, which Pope has done , "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there." -Pope Francis I, (http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2013/05/29/187009384/Pope-Francis-Even-Atheists-Can-Be-Redeemed)

The Apostle Paul says of such people who preach another gospel, "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed," (Galatians 1:8-9) and "But I fear that somehow your pure and undivided devotion to Christ will be corrupted, just as Eve was deceived by the cunning ways of the serpent. You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.  These people are false apostles. They are deceitful workers who disguise themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no wonder that his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. In the end they will get the punishment their wicked deeds deserve." (2 Corinthians 11:3-4, 13-15).

I am even more concerned if the Pope employs his right to infallility, which makes him a demi-god according to Catholic doctrine:

"The first commonality between the Beast and the Papacy is the doctrine of "Infallibility" which was established at Vatican I (1869-1870). According to this doctrine the Pope can claim "infallibility" and thus become incapable of error and in one sense the very Voice of God. Vatican I elevated the Pope above Supreme Pontiff and Vicar of Christ. "A Jesuit publication explained that when the pope mediated, God was thinking in him. Hymns appeared addressed, not to God, but to Pious IV; and same dared to speak of the holy Father as "The vice-God of humanity." (Church History in Plain Language 4th Edition, Chapter 36: The Restoration of Fortresses).

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Is the Pope the false prophet of Revelation 13?

Well, he did kiss the Quran, so maybe.  I know quite a few of my Catholic friends have parted ways with the Catholic church on account of that.  I guess only time will tell, for him to be the false prophet we would have to be close to tribulation time.

God bless

2 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Well, he did kiss the Quran, so maybe.  I know quite a few of my Catholic friends have parted ways with the Catholic church on account of that.  I guess only time will tell, for him to be the false prophet we would have to be close to tribulation time.

God bless

It is getting really alarming how close Catholicism and Islam is getting (even Chrislam exists now). In the Dome of Rock Mosque (Jerusalem) there is giant mosaic of the Madonna. Muslims adore Mary and the fact one of Mary apparitions is Lady of Fatima and Muhammed's daughter was Fatima, is bound to cause more connections. In fact in the 6th century a monk brought the Quran with Aristotle to Europe and translated it so clergy could read it. Very alarming all round.

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

It is getting really alarming how close Catholicism and Islam is getting (even Chrislam exists now). In the Dome of Rock Mosque (Jerusalem) there is giant mosaic of the Madonna. Muslims adore Mary and the fact one of Mary apparitions is Lady of Fatima and Muhammed's daughter was Fatima, is bound to cause more connections. In fact in the 6th century a monk brought the Quran with Aristotle to Europe and translated it so clergy could read it. Very alarming all round.

Indeed, for me the most compelling evidence would still be prophecy regarding the city on seven hills, so I have long expected this to eventually be the case.  There are still some things that need to take place though, like the Jews building the temple, so we will see.

God bless

4 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Indeed, for me the most compelling evidence would still be prophecy regarding the city on seven hills, so I have long expected this to eventually be the case.  There are still some things that need to take place though, like the Jews building the temple, so we will see.

God bless

Indeed,

After all this I saw another angel come down from heaven with great authority, and the earth grew bright with his splendor. He gave a mighty shout:

“Babylon is fallen—that great city is fallen!
    She has become a home for demons.
She is a hideout for every foul[a] spirit,
    a hideout for every foul vulture
    and every foul and dreadful animal.[b]
For all the nations have fallen[c]
    because of the wine of her passionate immorality.
The kings of the world
    have committed adultery with her.
Because of her desires for extravagant luxury,
    the merchants of the world have grown rich.”

Then I heard another voice calling from heaven,

“Come away from her, my people.
    Do not take part in her sins,
    or you will be punished with her.
For her sins are piled as high as heaven,
    and God remembers her evil deeds.
Do to her as she has done to others.
    Double her penalty[d] for all her evil deeds.
She brewed a cup of terror for others,
    so brew twice as much[e] for her.
She glorified herself and lived in luxury,
    so match it now with torment and sorrow.
She boasted in her heart,
    ‘I am queen on my throne.
I am no helpless widow,
    and I have no reason to mourn.’
Therefore, these plagues will overtake her in a single day—
    death and mourning and famine.
She will be completely consumed by fire,
    for the Lord God who judges her is mighty.”

And the kings of the world who committed adultery with her and enjoyed her great luxury will mourn for her as they see the smoke rising from her charred remains. 10 They will stand at a distance, terrified by her great torment. They will cry out,

“How terrible, how terrible for you,
    O Babylon, you great city!
In a single moment
    God’s judgment came on you.”

11 The merchants of the world will weep and mourn for her, for there is no one left to buy their goods. 12 She bought great quantities of gold, silver, jewels, and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk, and scarlet cloth; things made of fragrant thyine wood, ivory goods, and objects made of expensive wood; and bronze, iron, and marble. 13 She also bought cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, olive oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle, sheep, horses, wagons, and bodies—that is, human slaves.

14 “The fancy things you loved so much
    are gone,” they cry.
“All your luxuries and splendor
    are gone forever,
    never to be yours again.”

15 The merchants who became wealthy by selling her these things will stand at a distance, terrified by her great torment. They will weep and cry out,

16 “How terrible, how terrible for that great city!
    She was clothed in finest purple and scarlet linens,
    decked out with gold and precious stones and pearls!
17 In a single moment
    all the wealth of the city is gone!”

And all the captains of the merchant ships and their passengers and sailors and crews will stand at a distance. 18 They will cry out as they watch the smoke ascend, and they will say, “Where is there another city as great as this?” 19 And they will weep and throw dust on their heads to show their grief. And they will cry out,

“How terrible, how terrible for that great city!
    The shipowners became wealthy
    by transporting her great wealth on the seas.
In a single moment it is all gone.”

20 Rejoice over her fate, O heaven
    and people of God and apostles and prophets!
For at last God has judged her
    for your sakes.

21 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a huge millstone. He threw it into the ocean and shouted,

“Just like this, the great city Babylon
    will be thrown down with violence
    and will never be found again.
22 The sound of harps, singers, flutes, and trumpets
    will never be heard in you again.
No craftsmen and no trades
    will ever be found in you again.
The sound of the mill
23 The light of a lamp
    will never shine in you again.
The happy voices of brides and grooms
For your merchants were the greatest in the world,
    and you deceived the nations with your sorceries.
24 In your[f] streets flowed the blood of the prophets and of God’s holy people
    and the blood of people slaughtered all over the world.” (Revelation 18:1-24)

Notice how it says merchants are upset they cant sell statues and gems, all of which remind you of the Catholic merchandise, medals, and idols (saints and Madonna).

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Indeed,

After all this I saw another angel come down from heaven with great authority, and the earth grew bright with his splendor. He gave a mighty shout:

“Babylon is fallen—that great city is fallen!
    She has become a home for demons.
She is a hideout for every foul[a] spirit,
    a hideout for every foul vulture
    and every foul and dreadful animal.[b]
For all the nations have fallen[c]
    because of the wine of her passionate immorality.
The kings of the world
    have committed adultery with her.
Because of her desires for extravagant luxury,
    the merchants of the world have grown rich.”

Then I heard another voice calling from heaven,

“Come away from her, my people.
    Do not take part in her sins,
    or you will be punished with her.
For her sins are piled as high as heaven,
    and God remembers her evil deeds.
Do to her as she has done to others.
    Double her penalty[d] for all her evil deeds.
She brewed a cup of terror for others,
    so brew twice as much[e] for her.
She glorified herself and lived in luxury,
    so match it now with torment and sorrow.
She boasted in her heart,
    ‘I am queen on my throne.
I am no helpless widow,
    and I have no reason to mourn.’
Therefore, these plagues will overtake her in a single day—
    death and mourning and famine.
She will be completely consumed by fire,
    for the Lord God who judges her is mighty.”

And the kings of the world who committed adultery with her and enjoyed her great luxury will mourn for her as they see the smoke rising from her charred remains. 10 They will stand at a distance, terrified by her great torment. They will cry out,

“How terrible, how terrible for you,
    O Babylon, you great city!
In a single moment
    God’s judgment came on you.”

11 The merchants of the world will weep and mourn for her, for there is no one left to buy their goods. 12 She bought great quantities of gold, silver, jewels, and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk, and scarlet cloth; things made of fragrant thyine wood, ivory goods, and objects made of expensive wood; and bronze, iron, and marble. 13 She also bought cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, olive oil, fine flour, wheat, cattle, sheep, horses, wagons, and bodies—that is, human slaves.

14 “The fancy things you loved so much
    are gone,” they cry.
“All your luxuries and splendor
    are gone forever,
    never to be yours again.”

15 The merchants who became wealthy by selling her these things will stand at a distance, terrified by her great torment. They will weep and cry out,

16 “How terrible, how terrible for that great city!
    She was clothed in finest purple and scarlet linens,
    decked out with gold and precious stones and pearls!
17 In a single moment
    all the wealth of the city is gone!”

And all the captains of the merchant ships and their passengers and sailors and crews will stand at a distance. 18 They will cry out as they watch the smoke ascend, and they will say, “Where is there another city as great as this?” 19 And they will weep and throw dust on their heads to show their grief. And they will cry out,

“How terrible, how terrible for that great city!
    The shipowners became wealthy
    by transporting her great wealth on the seas.
In a single moment it is all gone.”

20 Rejoice over her fate, O heaven
    and people of God and apostles and prophets!
For at last God has judged her
    for your sakes.

21 Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a huge millstone. He threw it into the ocean and shouted,

“Just like this, the great city Babylon
    will be thrown down with violence
    and will never be found again.
22 The sound of harps, singers, flutes, and trumpets
No craftsmen and no trades
    will ever be found in you again.
The sound of the mill
23 The light of a lamp
    will never shine in you again.
The happy voices of brides and grooms
For your merchants were the greatest in the world,
    and you deceived the nations with your sorceries.
24 In your[f] streets flowed the blood of the prophets and of God’s holy people
    and the blood of people slaughtered all over the world.” (Revelation 18:1-24)

Notice how it says merchants are upset they cant sell statues and gems, all of which remind you of the Catholic merchandise, medals, and idols (saints and Madonna).

I see that chapter as the fall of the beast and the false prophet and their kingdom, attached to the second woe.  Not sure what translation you are using there, but in the KJV and many of the others I use you will find Woe Woe in there several times.  I do believe the false prophet will be stationed in Rome though, so definitely a connection.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Tom Horn has written a couple of very good books about the Pope.

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Tom isn't one of the two 'horns' is he? :P (drum roll)

:laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Tom isn't one of the two 'horns' is he? :P (drum roll)

No