• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

27 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes, acquaintances  are full time involved  with a youth camp ministry,  but it is at Arkansas. Yet  if  we are led then we go. And out of the blue  bride asked about RV rentals last night. That one surprised me. I went down that road once, had a way too large RV, used it some, had fun, but the storing of it, wow  got way too complicated. Those things are like boats when it comes to maintaining them as they sit.

Really do need to face down the fear of resting-relaxing. Don't think retirement per se is in the plan for me. But hey, who knows but our creator.

Today is day two of after life -LOL. Today I will attend our local worship service with some special interest regarding the local body. Our pastor is in week three of an update on  the Church that Jesus established. A summary of his 36 year fight to make and keep the local body modeled after the first churches rather than a modern day business model. I have heard it  all before as he has been here 36 years, and reviews it every five years or so with the entire congregation.- Elders of equal standing, no pastor CEO, and so on. Anyway we are into Matthew 18 primarily, as text. It is new stuff to my Texas child bride, and many newer members of the local body I suppose. So bride and I spent time yesterday reviewing the first two week's presentation. Some beginning  to vacation hey? It will be a few days wrapping up some home projects and then off to the mountains.

Kind of hard blending any calling to service, retirement, and mountain retreats. May not be compatible- unless I go back into the hospitality  industry with a B and B this time. Nah, too old I think for that. But there hopefully is something for at least one of us, my bride or myself. We will be praying upon it, but if not led  "I'll be back" as Arnold says in the movies.- Back at my post rested and hopefully  enthused and energized for the battle. Ha I'm already thinking about being back, how pathetic is that? Got to swing into new adventure with  new bride mode! Make it a long  late honeymoon.

Anyway that is my personal  summer story to come in 1000 words or less.  I write it down  is a marker or commitment I guess. Makes it more real.

Anyone else have summer plans?

I think writing it down is a great idea.

We want to spend time outdoors enjoying the warm weather and spend a lot of time in the pool.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Annette said:

Hey PlanetChee, It is fun looking at photos of places people have been too. 

Seeing your quote about safe travels made me think of how we pray before a long trip. Blessings.

Blessings to you as well, :)