IGNORED

Trump meets with Muslims, Jews, Pope - who represents all Christians?

BobRyan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

1 hour ago, PlanetChee said:

He does not have to meet your expectations in order to be a child of God known by name to God.  We should comport ourselves as members of Christs body and not worry about what we think others need to do to meet our approval in that. 

Agreed. 

Is this like don't worry about the speck in your brothers eye?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

2 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Don't you find it odd that this thread is titled , Trump meets with Muslims, Jews, Pope, who represents all Christians. 

And what is featured is a video of then President Obama meeting with Francis. 

Not President Trump! 

It is called diplomacy. It is requisite that a leader of the free world, our President, show respect for the leader of a nation who visits our soil by invitation. And Pope Francis, every Pope, is the leader of the RCC but most importantly as pertains to nations, Vatican City! Which is a sovereign nation. 

This is the appropriate article to accompany the header of this thread don't you think? The Obama's are irrelevant today. 

Jerusalem Post May 24 TRUMP MEETS POPE IN VATICAN AFTER STOPS IN ISRAEL, SAUDI ARABIA

The point of the Obama-Pope video was to show the "way" that the Pope was greeted. Not everyone in black suits, and I did not see any bowing or kissing of the Pope in that Video - or at least not much of it. IT was my comment that maybe greeting the pope on your own soil allows different protocol . It was just about the protocol at that point.

But my main question was this - if a world leader like President Trump - wants to meet the representatives of various world religions - who should he be meeting as the representative for all of Christianity?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Agreed. 

Is this like don't worry about the speck in your brothers eye?

Likely yes. The attacks on our President by left leaning pundits and media is typical. But for Christians to assault his faith, that's not in any way worthy of our walk with our Lord. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

14 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But for most of the world, Trump visited what represented Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

That was my point. Seems like as Christians we are stuck with having the Pope as our representative even if we are not Catholic. Seems kind of odd given the Protestant Reformation and all.

Just now, PlanetChee said:

Likely yes. The attacks on our President by left leaning pundits and media is typical. But for Christians to assault his faith, that's not in any way worthy of our walk with our Lord. 

I would love to have a true Christian president.  But also look at the Christians who have soiled the title as well.  Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert, etc.  Just because someone calls themself a Christian doesn't mean they always act in. In contrast many people who may not seem Christian will do more Christian like acts.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Hey, maybe we need a pope! LOL

Hahaha.  Please NO!!

I just heard this on the news. Pope Francis questioned Donald Trump's faith! President Trump rightly remarked in response in the media, for a religious leader to question a man's faith is disgraceful. Yes, it is! Especially when Pope Francis has betrayed the seat of Peter as they call it and allowed Muslims , members of a faith who's radical adherents  slaughter Christians in the middle east, to make the call to prayer from Vatican grounds! The Azan as it's called. And Francis has gone so far as to say the God of Christians and the God of Muslims is the same God. He's turned apostate and he dares question our Presidents faith? God forgive him. 

4 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

That was my point. Seems like as Christians we are stuck with having the Pope as our representative even if we are not Catholic. Seems kind of odd given the Protestant Reformation and all.

I'm not stuck with Francis being mistaken as my representative. I'd tell him he is no such thing. And I say here, Pope Francis is not my religious leader and does not in any way represent my faith. 

It is hubris to think Francis is leader of all Christians when history corrects that falsehood with recollections of the Reformation. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

That's nice, brother, but no one here is my mother or father.  lol  

I do not wish to correspond further unless we can do so kindly.  So maybe this will be my only response to you.

I'm not your brother (nor let alone is anyone here mother or father) as far as I am aware.

Why did you think the post was to you ?  

As written in Scripture the verse is written to/ for those who seek and welcome and do not reject YHWH'S correction.

(That post on discipline was being composed and was posted without even seeing your 2 previous posts to it;  i.e. not even related except if YHWH'S PLAN)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

38 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Nice if we can get back on topic and off of the personality clashes.

What do you actually think the topic is ?  (see below)

24 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But for most of the world, Trump visited what represented Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

They are all un-reconciliable , but will still work towards ecumeni***** ,  as written in Scripture the beast is working everywhere towards the one world system every day.

10 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

But my main question was this - if a world leader like President Trump - wants to meet the representatives of various world religions - who should he be meeting as the representative for all of Christianity?

Jesus or one of Jesus' disciples. 

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Hey, maybe we need a pope! LOL

Sarcasm, right?