• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

The Babylon Bee just posted an article on the Word of Faith movement, it is a satirical website, but the post is a very cutting commentary on the Word of Faith movement.Bee explains the prosperity gospel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Satire is sarcasm's witty cousin, often just as mean spirited, but far more talented.

Yet does it serve a good purpose? I think the answer is no. For do we need to be satirical in our presentation of our Lord and savior Jesus? I don't think there is Glory to God in it.

I think an argument it is better placed in a straightforward manner, one that does not deride  nor ridicule it's proponents.  

We recently lost a dear sister that was much into the WOF movement. She, it seemed to me, was quite errant in her understandings, but she was a dear sister in Christ Jesus. To deride her as some did, served no good purpose for the cause of Christ that I could see. She and I could go at it over doctrines, but I could not help but respect her for her determination to follow our Lord Jesus. She would get mad and call me names then later say she was sorry, but that I am so dumb in not seeing the truth of the movement WoF. 

In the end she died just as likely will I, and in each case it will be by the mercy and grace of God alone that either or both of us will spend eternity with our Lord and savior Jesus.

Personally I think God is far more generous to us than we are to each other in these matters.

Edited by Neighbor