• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings,

I have a question about women's role in ministry. I have always believed that women should be submissive to men in the church...or at least that is what I have read in scripture. I listen/watch Joyce Meyer and I do enjoy her program. I happened to read the post by Michael about women's role in ministry and it came to my mind that Joyce Meyer has her own ministry and that she is preaching to men as well as women. Would this be correct biblically. I would not want to in any way criticize her or her ministry but I am confused about this matter. I would appreciate any insight on this subject. Thank you and blessings to you all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The Bible says that women are to be under a man... Are women preachers not under God, whom is our father? A lot of people try to overcomplicate this issue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

The Bible is very clear about this subject. Paul tells us exactly everyones role in the church..........the problem is many people in the church believe the Word of God changes based on culture. Just remember after you find the answers, God doesn't change and neither does his word.

We have the old covenent and the new. We live in the new but so many want to live in the new new.....if ya know what I mean. Watch out for those who say they have a new revelation that the early church missed. There's nothing new under the sun.

Just because it seems right, doesn't make it right.

Guest spiritled

Mary Magdalene. She was there with Jesus through his ministry and was at the foot of His cross, was the first to see Him risen.

Most people downplayed her role. Some religions even went as far as to claim she was the prostitute, which nowhere in the bible does it say that. Mary was the one who had 7 demons casted out her.

Would you have listened to what she had to say? She fled to France after Jesus's death, and had her own ministry.

God can use a woman just as well as He can use a man.

Edited by spiritled

Guest Ineedahug

Jesus treated women with a high degree of respect through-out his ministry. Which was totally at odds with the culture of the time-where women were little better than animals. Women were the first witnesses to the resurrection.There were women deacons in the early church-in fact generally women get a pretty good press in the NT! Pauls much quoted teachings on women were probably rather shocking at the time, in the respect that they gave to women "Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church" Eph 5:25-wow!!!!!

Paul's request that women keep quiet in church and not teach was probable very practicle in a time when they were not educated or had any standing what-so-ever in society. Also as 1 cor11:5 talks about women prohesying they are clearly allowed to speak-1cor 14:34-is possible talking about disruptive chattering (just a suggestion from the foot notes in my study Bible!)

Gal3:28 says: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"

"God doesn't change neither does His word" people used that excuse for years to justfy slavery-think about it!!!!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  69
  • Birthday:  12/21/1968

Joyce will never tell you that she is the authority over her husband, because she knows she is to be submissive to him. Even when she was an associate pastor at life christian center in missouri, she was still under the authority of her pastor.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43

The Bible says that women are to be under a man... Are women preachers not under God, whom is our father? A lot of people try to overcomplicate this issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Andrew,

I'm not sure I understand the text of your response here. Could you clarify? Are you saying in your context you consider God to be a man, therefore woman preachers are automatically under a man?

thank you

Mark

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43

Jesus treated women with a high degree of respect through-out his ministry. Which was totally at odds with the culture of the time-where women were little better than animals. Women were the first witnesses to the resurrection.There were women deacons in the early church-in fact generally women get a pretty good press in the NT! Pauls much quoted teachings on women were probably rather shocking at the time, in the respect that they gave to women "Husbands love your wives as Christ loved the church" Eph 5:25-wow!!!!!

Paul's request that women keep quiet in church and not teach was probable very practicle in a time when they were not educated or had any standing what-so-ever in society. Also as 1 cor11:5 talks about women prohesying they are clearly allowed to speak-1cor 14:34-is possible talking about disruptive chattering (just a suggestion from the foot notes in my study Bible!)

Gal3:28 says: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"

"God doesn't change neither does His word" people used that excuse for years to justfy slavery-think about it!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ineedahug,

I am certainly no authority at all, but, I would suggest that there were very few educated men either during this time. And the majortiy of them had very little class standing also, other than the fact they were men.

Mark

Edited by Mark

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  46

Thank you for the guidance! I was not sure, but I know I need to just need to study my Bible more in that area. I know that God's word never changes..but I am just confused. I do enjoy her program, but the more I thought about it..the more confused I became. I want to follow His Word and be obedient. I am still unsure. She is a wonderful teacher, but did not know about a woman preaching to a man....???

Guest Ineedahug

"the majority of men had little class standing apart from the fact that they were men"

And at the time (and for nearlly the next 2000 years) That made ALL the difference! ;)