IGNORED

We Are Told Not To Question Someone's Faith But...

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Everything in the Bible is the truth.

In the Bible we can find the truth about Jesus, and many other things about the works of Jesus Christ disciples, and how they grew up and mature in the faith. 

There many things Jesus said written in the Bible, which were said only to the Jews of that time. 

Not applicable to the after the Cross , things that pass away with the death of Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Definition as to who or what is a Christian ?.   Also the term "Born again Christian is labeled".  

So, a born again believer has the title "Christian" , as he has come to repent of his sins and accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior.    Something took place when he made that decision as the Bible says, he is now a new creation, the old things are gone away.  

2 Corinthians 5  King James Version (KJV)

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Now, we are to examine ourselves and listen to  this verse that gets me all the time.

Matthew 7   Living Bible (TLB)

And why worry about a speck in the eye of a brother when you have a board in your own? Should you say, ‘Friend, let me help you get that speck out of your eye,’ when you can’t even see because of the board in your own? Hypocrite! First get rid of the board. Then you can see to help your brother.

If every man truly examines himself, he can see moments when he fell short or strayed of the path in some way.  His faith was still there, but the modern term of backsliding can be applied.   There is also temptation or trials that he may be going through, that may obscure your vision and that he is not sharing and those can be tremendous and wear the saints.  The devil does send fiery darts to unsettle the Christian who may be living the good life and which the Lord [ may ] graciously allow.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I hear all the time that I am not to question someone's faith or rather or not they are a Christian if they claim to be one.  But shouldn't someone's actions and words reflect  that faith?   I have a hard time believing anyone or I not questioning anyone  who simply says "I am a Christian" and yet they are anything but Christ like.  I know that we all grow in our faith. And someone who is a real follower of Christ should want to grow in their faith and become more Christ like. So am I just suppose to believe every person who says they are a Christian? Or would it be wrong of me to look for other signs that they are indeed truly a follower of Christ? :confused:

no one is perfect, so where do you draw the line that someone isn't a Christian.....

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If that is the case how would you know which portion is telling you the truth about Jesus and which is untrue?

It is by looking into the context when the statement is made. 

We have the statement of JESUS that he is not considering all people the same before God, and making a very prejudice statement, based on the nationality of the people. 

And judging them as not eligible, to be considered as children of God. 

And at the same time, is calling the Jews without faith in him, children of God. 

" I have come for the Jews only", this is a truth statement of what Jesus said, before the Cross, and not to be taken, as an everlasting truth statement, but only one ending with the Cross. 

It is a statement JESUS made, his words, and the truth at that time. 

But not the truth in the new covenant. 

59 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What do you mean by 'believed literally'? Either you believe the bible is fully inspired by God and therefore everything in it is a true account or you don't believe it is fully inspired by God.

What portions are not a true account given by God? Does God lie? Or are you saying not all Scripture is of God?

Holy? Because it is not from man but God.

Please explain your statements.

I respect your inquiries and I will give a full account of what I said, because I had something in mind, and I will reply, to your full satisfaction. 

God bless

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Those are conclusive statements. 

And are two statements in this paragraph. 

Not everything in the Bible, is to be believed literally. 

Some portion are not truth, and some portions  were truth. 

And why Holy. 

Wrong, everything in the Bible is to be believed, literally.  It is a lie of the enemy that we are not take the Bible literally.   All of the Bible is truth, not just portions. Sorry, but you are deceived by Satan.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I hear all the time that I am not to question someone's faith or rather or not they are a Christian if they claim to be one.  

Matthew 7: 1-2 nkjv

Judge not, that you be not judged.2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

James 4: 12 nkjv

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

We are not authorized to judge

But shouldn't someone's actions and words reflect  that faith?

Yes

James 2: 14 nkjv

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works.

James 1: 22 nkjv

Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

I have a hard time believing anyone or I not questioning anyone  who simply says "I am a Christian" and yet they are anything but Christ like.

20 hours ago, BobRyan said:

So am I just suppose to believe every person who says they are a Christian? Or would it be wrong of me to look for other signs that they are indeed truly a follower of Christ? :confused:

You should question.

We are taught discernment and we are given scripture to test individuals and spirits to ensure they are not false prophets.

Matthew 7:15-17

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

Test them. The Holy Spirit, with discernment and Scripture will expose them.

However also use discernment towards yourself to ensure you do not commit sin by trying to point out another's sin.

Matthew 7: 3-5 nkjv

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye,  but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, Let me remove the speck from your eye, and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother.

Once again we are not authorize to judge another and should be mindful of our own words and behaviors when addressing or dealing with one another. 

Edited by notsolostsoul
sorry quote is suppose to be from LadyKay not BobRyan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I hear all the time that I am not to question someone's faith or rather or not they are a Christian if they claim to be one.  But shouldn't someone's actions and words reflect  that faith?   I have a hard time believing anyone or I not questioning anyone  who simply says "I am a Christian" and yet they are anything but Christ like.  I know that we all grow in our faith. And someone who is a real follower of Christ should want to grow in their faith and become more Christ like. So am I just suppose to believe every person who says they are a Christian? Or would it be wrong of me to look for other signs that they are indeed truly a follower of Christ? :confused:

The vast majority of people who attend Church buildings are not true Christians, but have  false (fake) faith! Look at the lack of love amongst such people, look at the false doctrine, as portrayed on the TV by these vile televangelists, here in the UK where I live, most evangelicals cannot define the Trinity, the New Covenant and have a totally inadequate understanding of the person and work of Christ. Frankly most of the Church so badly represents Christ, and is so completely unable to explain the gospel that it's a joke. I don't take most religious people seriously, as their faith isn't real, it doesn't confront sin and many of these folks are too afraid to challenge the Politically correct, pro-LBGT agenda, frankly much of what calls itself Christian is a disgrace.

Guest Judas Machabeus
10 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Here's my take on it. 

How would you feel if someone looked at your faults or weaknesses and declared you are not Christian because you are guilty of xyz sin. Or you don't live up to what they have decided a Christian standard should be. 

I see it far too often this "judging" of who's "saved" and who is not. 

Fr. Mitch Pacwa often says to people when the subject comes up "that's a management decision and my job is sales" 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94

But people like the KKK and other white supremacy groups say they are Christians. Should I just accept that they are? While we all have short comings I do think that our actions should show us to be what we truly are. It even says in John 4:20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?  So I think John 4:20 would at less be a guide line to go by.