IGNORED

We Are Told Not To Question Someone's Faith But...

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

37 minutes ago, other one said:

LoL    At 70 years old I have learned that it really doesn't make a twit whether any of you  think I am saved or not....   :P

If it makes you feel any better I would never question it ;)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Nice story. Point?

As it is written "Americans are wimps"....

i.e. "Ye have not resisted yet to the shedding of blood" (for the testimony of Y'SHUA, faith in YHWH)

(dying out of a sense of patriotic duty is far far more common than dying for Christ in the untied states)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

notsolostsoul you happened to bring this up this time but it is something I see often. 

I am sure that most people stop reading that passage before verse 5 or figure they already have an understanding and don't let verse 5 sink in. (like Joh 3:16...no one seems to read vs 18's huge meaning)

I think most may be misunderstanding this passage. Please see my hi-lights above.

It is saying that you CAN judge someone else but you cannot be effective in discernment, rebuking and correction if you yourself are doing the same or worse.

This whole passage including "judge not...lest you be judged" (what about vs 2?) is so often taken to mean the wrong thing.

IT DOES NOT MEAN DON'T JUDGE

Yes I put it in caps because I want to shout it out.

It does say that we need to be aware that if we are going to make a judgment call with the intention of making a correction; we had better be in a position where we won't hear someone say 'Well, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black"....practice what you preach.                                         There is a real danger of doing a disservice to our Lord if we aren't walking the talk!

A very good biblical example of this is Paul addressing Peters hypocrisy in Galatians: 

Gal 2:11  But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly wrong. 

Paul made a judgement call based on Peter's (Cephas) behavior. The important thing to remember is that Paul made that call from a position where he was not doing the same thing as Peter and Paul's intention was not to put Peter down but to help him grow and ultimately, better spread the gospel.

When I run into someone claiming to be a Christian but not acting like one I wonder why that is and I start asking questions....

What do you mean by "Christian"...what is a Christian?

How long have you been a Christian?

If someone claiming to be  Christian is not acting like one, we have to help them along.

That's Paul's advice.

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 
2Ti 3:17  so that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good action.

If they claim to be a Christian but it sure appears that they are not, I feel obliged on behalf of my Lord to point them towards the truth. Learning to ask the right questions that will "put a pebble in their sandals" is often the most effective and gentle way to do that.

For sure one thing we are not able to judge is a persons final destination....only the Lord knows a persons soul.

Lady Kay's title "We are Told Not to Question Someones Faith"  seems like a cliche phrase....has anyone bothered to check if that's a biblical truth? Or is it a spin on another man made cliche..."we aren't supposed to judge others"....  taken from Mat: 7?

I think if Lady Kay (or any of us for that matter) were to believe that cliche she may miss out on an opportunity to help steer someone closer to God.

You have explained exactly what I was saying.

I believe their is a difference between judging and discernment.

Judging is for God.

Ex. For all the people who lost their families(husbands) who were kill by King David they might have labeled him a murder or sinner. Yet God did not judge (hold him accountable) on that. However God did judge him on the murder he set up on the behalf of his lust. And still yet God place him at his right hand. Only God can do these things, judge these things.

Discernment is for us to use to determine if what others do and what we do is right with what God has directed/instructed.

I used Matthew 7 1-5 to point out, same as Paul and Peter. If we are not perfect we should not judge someone else's imperfection. 

We may think we have a position but who says that position we appointed ourselves is the correct position.

Only Jesus was perfect here on earth.

In John 8: 7

So when they continued asking Him, he raised Himself up and said to them "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

The context of when this was said explains it.

None of us are in power or authority to judge another. No matter how saved we believe we are.

Now I would never suggest that anyone not help anyone else out. Like you said bring them to truth, but be mindful, use discernment in how you do so. As Paul stated.

The Holy Spirit will direct you in your footsteps, just make sure it is The Holy Spirit and not what YOU (any of us) believe is of The Spirit or The Law. There is a big difference.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, notsolostsoul said:

None of us are in power or authority to judge another. No matter how saved we believe we are.

Obviously ,  on the internet, 

but in the assembly of ekklesia,   YHWH appoints a way,  instructions clearly,   for judging within the assembly at the very least, 

and says it is good so that we will not be judged later.     Likewise fellow ekklesia when they are instructed in Y'SHUA by YHWH

properly,   just like TORAH when it is used as YHWH says, properly,  so also judgment when accomplished in the ekklesia properly as YHWH says,   is good and right and truthful and edifying and cleansing and right judgment.

10 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Obviously ,  on the internet, 

but in the assembly of ekklesia

I don't know these guys and I rather stick with what Jesus directs to me and in me. No disrespect to anyone's beliefs.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

As it is written "Americans are wimps"....

i.e. "Ye have not resisted yet to the shedding of blood" (for the testimony of Y'SHUA, faith in YHWH)

(dying out of a sense of patriotic duty is far far more common than dying for Christ in the untied states)

Just because you wrote it doesn't make it true about Americans. And God help that which thinks American's are wimps because they're not acting insane as Muslims are in dying for Allah. And taking as many innocent people with them as possible in the process. So that American Christians reading of the horror pray for the loss of life. Because in this country we don't have to die to defend our faith. Nor to uphold it as having a right to exist here. 
Our forefathers and fore-mothers died to give us that inalienable right! Is that enough? If not, that's too bad. Because the first amendment is an inalienable right to be Christian in America. To be Mormon. To be Catholic. To be Hindu. To be Wiccan. To be free to worship anything someone wishes, even Satan himself. 

We Christians don't have to die for Christ in this free country.  Our forefathers and mothers already did that. They weren't wimps. They were patriots. And God knew their name. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, other one said:

LoL    At 70 years old I have learned that it really doesn't make a twit whether any of you  think I am saved or not....   :P

As the saying goes "show me the money". :amen:

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

But people like the KKK and other white supremacy groups say they are Christians. Should I just accept that they are? While we all have short comings I do think that our actions should show us to be what we truly are. It even says in John 4:20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?  So I think John 4:20 would at less be a guide line to go by. 

You can tell from Scriptures and The Spirit if someone is not doing as God or Christ would want them to do. 

So you can recognize they claim it but not live it.

We have directions for this too.

Matthew 10: 11-15 nkjv

11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgement than for that city!

We can substitute home for the person/individual.

You come as a Christian, greet as a Christian, if they recieve, believe and want to achieve as a Christian you stay and guide to Christ. If not remove yourself and the negative from you. Leaving it to God.

You decide if it's peaceful and profitable for you in God, but God will do the Judging in the end.

You have every right to fellowship and try as a Christian, but we are directed to leave when we need to and leave the rest to God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,826
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

You can tell from Scriptures and The Spirit if someone is not doing as God or Christ would want them to do. 

We have directions for this too.

Matthew 10: 11-15 nkjv

11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgement than for that city!

We can substitute home for the person/individual.

You come as a Christian, greet as a Christian, if they recieve, believe and want to achieve as a Christian you stay and guide to Christ. If not remove yourself and the negative from you. Leaving it to God.

You decide if it's peaceful and profitable for you in God, but God will do the Judging in the end.

You have every right to fellowship and try as a Christian, but we are directed to leave when we need to and leave the rest to God.

You gave an inspired message. 

Paul learned this lesson , when Jesus Christ told him , I need you alive, get away from those who want to harm you and are looking for an opportunity to kill you, when he was persistent in going back to their Synagogues. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Point is that if you are saved by faith and believing doing what we are supposed to it would be works and we are not saved by works..... So therdd you are.   Makes no sense to me but I've been reading that here off and on for 14 years.