IGNORED

We Are Told Not To Question Someone's Faith But...

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Point is that if you are saved by faith and believing doing what we are supposed to it would be works and we are not saved by works..... So therdd you are.   Makes no sense to me but I've been reading that here off and on for 14 years.

If I may , the Scriptures do not say that we are Saved because we have grasp the correct doctrine. 

The Scriptures say that we are saved because we believe. 

If someone things that it is faith and works, it does not really matter because they still confess faith in Jesus. 

The faith requirement has been met, and the addition of works, does not nullified their faith. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

If I may , the Scriptures do not say that we are Saved because we have grasp the correct doctrine. 

The Scriptures say that we are saved because we believe. 

If someone things that it is faith and works, it does not really matter because they still confess faith in Jesus. 

The faith requirement has been met, and the addition of works, does not nullified their faith. 

Amen. 

Nor does losing one's temper make them liable to go to Hell because their salvation is made void due to that temper. 

There are a lot of strange doctrines in the world. When God made it so simple to be saved from this world. And our sins. :) Amen. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I guess what I am thinking here is more like a close friend or family member. Not so much a person you see at church each Sunday that you don't really know.  But I would think that you would wonder about a close friend or family member's salvation if they were on an on going basses living a life that did not reflect Christ. But not only that, but when you would say anything to them about it they would blow you off by saying something like "Well I'm a Christian. I go to church." Something like that is what I am getting at. I don't know it is hard for me to clearly say what is on my mind. 

Yes we should have compassion and worry for all souls. Even those against us.

I think what your saying is they believe that because they show that they are Christian in their thought of being a Christian yet live as they please not directed by The Word nor Christ they are not a Christian.

Now see the problem with arguing with a person in such a mind frame and stating they are not save or not a Christian can have the exact opposite effect as you want.

This person is in conflict with her relationship with Christ. We should all be able to relate. Some call it being a babe in Christ. 

Now the relationship is there because Jesus calls upon them. Yet she like many practicing Christians may not have learned the lessons to bring them to the level of Christianity you may have.

That doesn't make her any less of a Christian she is just developing. This is were we must be careful, use discernment in how we approach them because we can end up pushing them further away, AS WELL AS OURSELVES.

We have to be patient because no one wants to hear "You're going to hell" (using for emphasize, not saying this is how you do). 

Just like when speaking to a child we give them rules we want them to follow but sometimes that just pushes them to do it more.

In this case it does get real personal and depends on the individual. Definitely pray on it and ask for the right way to approach and handle but DO NOT JUDGE. 

Answering to post, not trying to pry nor dismiss. You didn't ask for how to handle. You were asking if it were okay to question that someone's faith.

No.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

Fruit does matter.

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:35)

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits." (Matthew 7:15-20)

"Dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. 10 So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God." (1 John 3:7-10)

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my[b] works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:14-26)

In addition, I think you can discern in Holy Spirit if someone is a believer,

" To one is given through the [Holy] Spirit [the power to speak] the message of wisdom, and to another [the power to express] the word of knowledge and understanding according to the same Spirit; to another [wonder-working] faith [is given] by the same [Holy] Spirit, and to another the [extraordinary] gifts of healings by the one Spirit; 10 and to another the working of [a]miracles, and to another prophecy [foretelling the future, speaking a new message from God to the people], and to another discernment of spirits [the ability to distinguish sound, godly doctrine from the deceptive doctrine of man-made religions and cults], to another various kinds of [unknown] tongues, and to another interpretation of tongues. 11 All these things [the gifts, the achievements, the abilities, the empowering] are brought about by one and the same [Holy] Spirit, distributing to each one individually just as He chooses." (1 Corinthians 12:8-11 AMP).

" But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" (Galatians 5:22-23).

56 minutes ago, other one said:

Point is that if you are saved by faith and believing doing what we are supposed to it would be works and we are not saved by works..... So therdd you are.   Makes no sense to me but I've been reading that here off and on for 14 years.

See I don't like using labels of Born again Christian or Saved.

Not saying I don't understand why they are used.

It's just that it seems with the labeling people lose the fact that there are responsibilities that come along with it.

Even the way people say I am a Christian.

If being Christian, Born Again or Saved were that easy, why would Jesus leave such detail to how we should be in order to be his followers?

Faith is not the believing alone. It's the believing in him so that we put in all that is required of us to be as he directs. The works come as a result of having the faith in him.

Hope I explained that correctly for it to be understood. 

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, other one said:

If we call ourselves saved and we don't show mercy, compassion, we don't commit to working in righteousness, isn't our testimony lacking? Faith without works is dead. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

It's just that it seems with the labeling people lose the fact that there are responsibilities that come along with it.

If being Christian, Born Again or Saved were that easy, why would Jesus leave such detail to how we should be in order to be his followers?

Faith is not the believing alone. It's the believing in him so that we put in all that is required of us to be as he directs. The works come as a result of having the faith in him.

You might not like the reference to "born again Christian" but they are the ones who are saved and going to heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I am just saying what I see here over the years.  Like I said I am a Ronans lordship person.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Many of us can easily recall Paul speaking to the Corinth church in which he told them to remove a man from their membership. One reason for doing so is because the man was not only sinning openly for all to see, but was proud of what he should have been ashamed of. The man was living in sin with no sign of turning from it; let alone even a desire to turn from it. Paul wanted to correct the impression people had that they could continue on in sexual immorality and idolatry which was rampant in those days while claiming to be Christians and holy. And we certainly are to speak with wisdom, politeness and tact to Christians within the church who do these things.

Note that while Paul had told the church to put the man out, he did not say that the man wasn't saved, what he said was, that the man was LIVING in sin very openly and proud of it. Putting him out wasn't a judgment, but a disciplinary situation in which the man needed to recognize that what he was doing was sinful and to seek repentance.

Paul when speaking to the Corinth church said that God himself will judge those outside of the church. We certainly are to correct those within the church. Big difference between discipline and passing wanton judgment. The “do not judge” passage is not saying that there is not ever to be a calling out on sin or discipline within the church. What it means is that we should not make a call on mere appearances, or assumptions without having all the facts beforehand. We are not to call out sin unfairly and wantonly or being critical when doing so.

While we are to abstain from all sin and the mere appearance of it. It doesn't mean we are totally free from blunders. Those happen, and most often unexpectedly and unintentionally. What it does mean is than we desire and strive to live a life that is closer to God's ideal of how we should live and treat one another. It is unfair and critical to call another person an unbeliever or unsaved because he or she committed a faux pas. Below is a partial list of sins that are common, but not necessarily committed on purpose or done habitually. If we could live without ever committing one of these listed, there would have been no need of a savior. We've all committed one or more of these or are struggling to correct bad habits.

Accusing                                                                               Not acknowledging your own sins

Fear of confessing Christ to others                                      Unjustified anger

Angry with someone                                                             Anxious

Arguing                                                                                  Arrogance

Ashamed of Jesus and his words                                        Vain babbling

Bitterness                                                                              Not blessing people who are cursing or persecuting you

Bragging                                                                                Not bridling your tongue

Deceitful words or conversation                                           Double tongued

Speaking evil about one another                                          Speaking evil about dignitaries

Filthy conversation                                                                Asking God to reject people

Speaking in haste                                                                  Not being meek

Saying things you should not                                               Speaking vain words

Pride Believing lies                                                                Contention

Despising correction                                                             Refusing correction

Not being courteous                                                              Covetousness Craftiness

Cursing                                                                                  Despising authority

Disobeying city and state laws                                              Causing divisions

Not doing what your employer asks you                               Getting involved and believing unsound doctrines

Threatening others                                                                Refusing to help those who hurt you

Envy                                                                                       Getting even or seeking revenge

Giving a false report on someone                                          Faultfinding

Flattery for gain                                                                      Failing to forgive others

Hypocrisy                                                                              Jealousy

29 minutes ago, other one said:

I am just saying what I see here over the years.  Like I said I am a Ronans lordship person.

Thank you, I never knew what Ronan Lordship was but I'll research more into it. Thanks again.