IGNORED

We Are Told Not To Question Someone's Faith But...

LadyKay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, notsolostsoul said:

Thank you, I never knew what Ronan Lordship was but I'll research more into it. Thanks again.

Romans not Ronan.    Little keys and tiny letters on the phone and old eyes

You have to make Jesus your Lord and confess it openly, and believe the Father raised him from the dead.  There is a lot to making him your Lord....  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, other one said:

Romans not Ronan.    Little keys and tiny letters on the phone and old eyes

You have to make Jesus your Lord and confess it openly, and believe the Father raised him from the dead.  There is a lot to making him your Lord....  

Thank you for correcting, I would have been wrecking my brain. Lol! 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

Question: "What is lordship salvation?"

Answer: 
The doctrine of lordship salvation teaches that submitting to Christ as Lord goes hand-in-hand with trusting in Christ as Savior. Lordship salvation is the opposite of what is sometimes called easy-believism or the teaching that salvation comes through an acknowledgement of a certain set of facts. (More reading)

3 hours ago, giggling appy said:

Many of us can easily recall Paul speaking to the Corinth church in which he told them to remove a man from their membership. One reason for doing so is because the man was not only sinning openly for all to see, but was proud of what he should have been ashamed of. The man was living in sin with no sign of turning from it; let alone even a desire to turn from it. Paul wanted to correct the impression people had that they could continue on in sexual immorality and idolatry which was rampant in those days while claiming to be Christians and holy. And we certainly are to speak with wisdom, politeness and tact to Christians within the church who do these things.

Note that while Paul had told the church to put the man out, he did not say that the man wasn't saved, what he said was, that the man was LIVING in sin very openly and proud of it. Putting him out wasn't a judgment, but a disciplinary situation in which the man needed to recognize that what he was doing was sinful and to seek repentance.

Paul when speaking to the Corinth church said that God himself will judge those outside of the church. We certainly are to correct those within the church. Big difference between discipline and passing wanton judgment. The “do not judge” passage is not saying that there is not ever to be a calling out on sin or discipline within the church. What it means is that we should not make a call on mere appearances, or assumptions without having all the facts beforehand. We are not to call out sin unfairly and wantonly or being critical when doing so.

While we are to abstain from all sin and the mere appearance of it. It doesn't mean we are totally free from blunders. Those happen, and most often unexpectedly and unintentionally. What it does mean is than we desire and strive to live a life that is closer to God's ideal of how we should live and treat one another. It is unfair and critical to call another person an unbeliever or unsaved because he or she committed a faux pas. Below is a partial list of sins that are common, but not necessarily committed on purpose or done habitually. If we could live without ever committing one of these listed, there would have been no need of a savior. We've all committed one or more of these or are struggling to correct bad habits.

Accusing                                                                               Not acknowledging your own sins

Fear of confessing Christ to others                                      Unjustified anger

Angry with someone                                                             Anxious

Arguing                                                                                  Arrogance

Ashamed of Jesus and his words                                        Vain babbling

Bitterness                                                                              Not blessing people who are cursing or persecuting you

Bragging                                                                                Not bridling your tongue

Deceitful words or conversation                                           Double tongued

Speaking evil about one another                                          Speaking evil about dignitaries

Filthy conversation                                                                Asking God to reject people

Speaking in haste                                                                  Not being meek

Saying things you should not                                               Speaking vain words

Pride Believing lies                                                                Contention

Despising correction                                                             Refusing correction

Not being courteous                                                              Covetousness Craftiness

Cursing                                                                                  Despising authority

Disobeying city and state laws                                              Causing divisions

Not doing what your employer asks you                               Getting involved and believing unsound doctrines

Threatening others                                                                Refusing to help those who hurt you

Envy                                                                                       Getting even or seeking revenge

Giving a false report on someone                                          Faultfinding

Flattery for gain                                                                      Failing to forgive others

Hypocrisy                                                                              Jealousy

How many of those can we here check off as our failings? Even on this site? :( 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

21 hours ago, warrior12 said:

So do you paint the entire Church with the same brush.   The Church has a vital role in the Christian life.   Are you saying also, the Church is responsible for the morals of a man.   

What is the solution then Limey_Bob.     This is how cults start, by everyone wanting to have their own beliefs and community and thinks they are the ones on the righteous paths only and  they are the ones following the gospel in the way it should.  At different points in a believer's life, he can change his views on Biblical issues that he thought he once fully understood, only to hear a sermon that showed how his view may be in error.  

i

Read what i said and quote me ACCURATELY, the word's ... "THE MAJORITY" do not mean every single Christian. Don't try to score points over me warrior12 by misquoting me.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Limey_Bob said:

Read what i said and quote me ACCURATELY, the word's ... "THE MAJORITY

Good luck with that. I don't know how many times I've had to say "go back and read what I actually wrote"

sometimes speed reading someone's post gets the better of us.I've done it. 

1 hour ago, Limey_Bob said:

Read what i said and quote me ACCURATELY, the word's ... "THE MAJORITY" do not mean every single Christian. Don't try to score points over me warrior12 by misquoting me.

He didn't misquote you. He quoted your remarks as to that which he wished to address and accurately. And then he expounded on your remarks with a question that encompassed the whole of the church. His wording, not yours. 

On 5/25/2017 at 6:28 AM, Limey_Bob said:

The vast majority of people who attend Church buildings are not true Christians, but have  false (fake) fa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

10 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

He didn't misquote you. He quoted your remarks as to that which he wished to address and accurately. And then he expounded on your remarks with a question that encompassed the whole of the church. His wording, not yours. 

Thanks for making things clear.

Edited by warrior12

Guest Judas Machabeus
5 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

I disagree with Limey Bobs assertion that the vast majority of those attending Church are not Christians. But for another member to take "vast majority" and say Limey Bob is painting the entire Church..... that is misrepresenting what Limey Bob said. 

Limey Bob: vast majority

Warrior: entire 

Vast majority is not the entire. Vast majority means there are some that the statement doesn't not apply to. 

The vast majority of the pie was eaten.

that means some remains.

The entire pie was eaten.

what does that mean to you?

this happens far too often here.

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

Thanks for making things clear.

Happy to help. :) Things can get ugly when words are read through murky waters.