IGNORED

We Are Told Not To Question Someone's Faith But...

LadyKay

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I disagree with Limey Bobs assertion that the vast majority of those attending Church are not Christians. But for another member to take "vast majority" and say Limey Bob is painting the entire Church..... that is misrepresenting what Limey Bob said. 

Limey Bob: vast majority

Warrior: entire 

Vast majority is not the entire. Vast majority means there are some that the statement doesn't not apply to. 

The vast majority of the pie was eaten.

that means some remains.

The entire pie was eaten.

what does that mean to you?

this happens far too often here.

There's no misrepresentation of what LB said. The post is clear and Warrior expounded on what Limey Bob said. Had he been misrepresenting what LB had said Warrior 12 could have stated, "your claim that the entire church...." Which would be a misrepresentation.

This is ridiculous. The post is there to read. It is impossible to find fault with someone expounding on someones statement in their own words and then have those words misrepresented as attributed to, in this case, Limey Bob , so as to make the charge the words of Warrior were somehow something LB had said. They weren't.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I disagree with Limey Bobs assertion that the vast majority of those attending Church are not Christians. But for another member to take "vast majority" and say Limey Bob is painting the entire Church..... that is misrepresenting what Limey Bob said. 

Vast majority is not the entire. Vast majority means there are some that the statement doesn't not apply to. 

that means some remains.

Ok, so the vast majority is not "entire".  Right then, but could it be 99.99%.  So you see in the context of the post, i was not trying to score points as Mr. Bob said, but asking the pertinent question which i highlighted in RED.   He just responded by avoiding  the question really.   

I just just add the qualifying word here is not Majority but  the word vast.  That statement alone is startling.  How did Mr. Bob came to that conclusion ?.  Wonder why believers are not questioning a remark like that. 

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The reality of God 'IS' Spirit and independent from assessments based off of sensual perceptions...

John 4:24 (KJV)

[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Galatians 6:7 (KJV)

[7] Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

[8] For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

[9] And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

[10] As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

A person who is s/Spiritually made alive by God's entrance into them will in fact show forth that reality (the book of James).  This reality is so sure that The Lord tells us this

Matthew 7:16 (KJV)

[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

[17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

[18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

[19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The bottom line is discernment is s/Spiritual and the Spirit 'IS' of no begin and end ... with those born into this know and are known s/Spiritually -it is different from this we were born into first!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 5/26/2017 at 0:02 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

that means some remains.

"Vast majority" does not mean everyone, and I was referring to the state of the churches here in the south west of the UK where I am based and where I do have a pretty good assessment of the situation. I cannot judge the state of the church in India, China etc, as I have never been their, so my comments are based relative to my own situation.

Guest Judas Machabeus
Just now, Limey_Bob said:

"Vast majority" does not mean everyone, and I was referring to the state of the churches here in the south west of the UK where I am based and where I do have a pretty good assessment of the situation. I cannot judge the state of the church in India, China etc, as I have never been their, so my comments are based relative to my own situation.

Bob I get it. Same thing happens to me here. I'll say "most" "lots" and I get people chastising me as if I encluded them. 

I have to remind myself when that happens that's the truth striking a cord of truth with that person and they don't like it. 

Just now, Judas Machabeus said:

Bob I get it. Same thing happens to me here. I'll say "most" "lots" and I get people chastising me as if I encluded them. 

I have to remind myself when that happens that's the truth striking a cord of truth with that person and they don't like it. 

Thank you Machabeus, obviously I can only talk about those churches and areas of which I have experience myself personally! I live in the south-west of the UK, so i can talk about that. I can also talk with some knowledge about Christian TV, as I've studied that and the various TV preachers, one of my Youtube videos (The top 10 most evil black preachers) has 1.2 million hits (Channel is called:  Christian Comedy Channel). But I cannot be expected to talk about the state of the church in china, india and the far east where there are possibly far more genuine believers than in europe and the US combined, as I've never been their and I have not talked to christians from those countries. Only yesterday I was out on the street of Plymouth, challenging the JWs, which I do occasionally, I record myself and my dialogues will shortly be uploaded to another youtube channel titled:  Exposing the Wolves.  After speaking to JWs, I spoke to a Christian evangelist with a sign, who then told me that Jesus is God the Father! Sadly, this is the dire state of the church here in the UK, it's in apostasy.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Limey_Bob said:

Thank you Machabeus, obviously I can only talk about those churches and areas of which I have experience myself personally! I live in the south-west of the UK, so i can talk about that. I can also talk with some knowledge about Christian TV, as I've studied that and the various TV preachers, one of my Youtube videos (The top 10 most evil black preachers) has 1.2 million hits (Channel is called:  Christian Comedy Channel). But I cannot be expected to talk about the state of the church in china, india and the far east where there are possibly far more genuine believers than in europe and the US combined, as I've never been their and I have not talked to christians from those countries. Only yesterday I was out on the street of Plymouth, challenging the JWs, which I do occasionally, I record myself and my dialogues will shortly be uploaded to another youtube channel titled:  Exposing the Wolves.  After speaking to JWs, I spoke to a Christian evangelist with a sign, who then told me that Jesus is God the Father! Sadly, this is the dire state of the church here in the UK, it's in apostasy.

Apostasy is a strong word. Very strong word and you will know better than me because you were there and I wasn't.  But was it perhaps a simple misunderstand of theology with the Evangelical or did he reject the Sonship of Jesus. 

Like you I agree that Jesus is God the Father is very wrong and bad theology. 

Your YouTube channel sounds very familiar, I'll have to check it out. 

6 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Apostasy is a strong word. Very strong word and you will know better than me because you were there and I wasn't.  But was it perhaps a simple misunderstand of theology with the Evangelical or did he reject the Sonship of Jesus. 

Few Evangelicals in my part of the UK are knowledgeable Trinitarians, who can accurately define the Trinity. For most evangelicals, the Christian faith has been reduced to talking about "my own personal experience" rather than the person and work of Christ, particularly his death, burial and his literal, physical bodily resurrection from the dead (1st Corinthians 15:4). The shift in focus from the person and work of Christ, to telling strangers about my own experience is one of the many causes of the moral and spiritual decline in so many British Churches. The other problem is the one-man-band pastor turning Church into a spectator sport, where in a clergy / laity divide the laity just watch and observe the so-called professionals, who on the whole have turned Evangelicalism into a money making business, as 90% of the money raised pays for the Buildings and Pastor's perks (house, car, salary, pension etc). Both of which are unbiblical anyway.

6 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

You might wish to check out:   "The Top 60 Craziest "Christian" TV Preachers."   Which is a video of mine on a Youtube channel called:  "Exposing the Wolves," on this video you can literally see Christian's eating the tips of tails of live rats for Jesus, eating grass for Jesus, Kenneth Copeland saying I am a little God, Susan Hinn (Benny's wife) preaching on the Holy Ghost Enema, T. D. Jakes explaining that the word Hymn is linked to an intimate part of the female sexual organ which also begins with an "H" and many many more, my favourite is Leroy Thompson Flamenco dancing on thousands of dollar bills. This video which is 70 minutes, and will shock you at the apostate state of the modern church, and the complete cowardice of so many leaders today in not opposing such disgusting things. Churches are run as businesses plain and simple, it's nothing to do with Christ, it's a business which uses the Bible and the name of Christ, because its a sellible product, to scam people. American Evangelicalism has turned the Church into a commercial business.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/26/2017 at 7:25 AM, warrior12 said:

Wonder why believers are not questioning a remark like that. 

Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

A few of us have recognized the spirit behind remarks like that. You'll find that evidence in another thread here that follows the motive and intent of this one. As has appeared with great frequency as I've found in searching, those threads charging people are wolves rather than sheep. And even one that stated people should mourn martyred Christians in Egypt but not presume they were martyred as Christians! Those people were murdered because they were Christians!

The spirit at work hoping to fracture the Ekklesia is unaware of God being responsible for that individual woman or man who identifies as Christian. Being his grace began the entire blessed process, and he knew the name of every son and daughter before this world came into being. No one comes to Jesus except that God calls them to the one that is the way, the truth, and the life. 

What then is the textual motive of that contentious spirit that intends to open a dialog among the chosen as it intends to message each one that the contentious spirit can question God's calling . And those so called are to defend the charge by the contentious spirit that they are not what it says they are. Mongrel dog's and not Christian. 

2 Timothy 2:15-19 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.  16 But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness, 17 and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.  19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, " The Lord knows those who are His," and, " Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."

Wonder why believers would entertain the spirit that second guesses God's grace and calling. Because a short search finds the handful of motivated spirits committed to that endeavor repeatedly demonstrate the accusation whenever they oppose the truth of God in scripture and those who defend it against them. 

That endeavor that judges those to be wolves and non-Christians shall answer to God. Who knows all things and is all things from Alpha unto Omega. Beginning to the end. When he tells me he knows my name before the world came to be, I fear no one calling me anything born from their imagining they are entitled to do so. I am not responsible for what people say or think of me. Those who think and speak are that. And God is watching. 

The first "Song") Psalm 1

Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree
    planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so,
    but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked will perish.