IGNORED

Arkansas woman to be banned from Walmart for racist remarks - what?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe this will help...

The Bill of Rights is a list of limits on government power. For example, what the Founders saw as the natural right of individuals to speak and worship freely was protected by the First Amendment’s prohibitions on Congress from making laws establishing a religion or abridging freedom of speech. For another example, the natural right to be free from unreasonable government intrusion in one’s home was safeguarded by the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirements.

https://www.billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/bill-of-rights/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am not sure how much more clear I could make it.  I guess I could get out crayons and draw you picture but I doubt that would help either

Or you could read the 1st amendment and tell me if it states that those rights are granted to us by the government or if it says the government is not allowed to infringe upon them.

That's a really insulting and condescending way to speak to another poster.  It must be nice to be so much smarter than everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Maybe this will help...

The Bill of Rights is a list of limits on government power. For example, what the Founders saw as the natural right of individuals to speak and worship freely was protected by the First Amendment’s prohibitions on Congress from making laws establishing a religion or abridging freedom of speech. For another example, the natural right to be free from unreasonable government intrusion in one’s home was safeguarded by the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirements.

https://www.billofrightsinstitute.org/founding-documents/bill-of-rights/

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I was expecting too much I guess.  Oh well, I tried 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Running Gator said:

It is old, and it is still being played and appreciated today, that says something about its quality.   I can assure you in 30 years nobody will be playing NSYNC or Britney Spears, to whom the Beatles have been compared to in this thread

There are people who still listen to 80s hair metal on purpose too (i say on purpose because mostly i figured that by now it would only be relegated to use in "enhanced interrogation" methods by intelligence agencies), as horrifying as that fact is. I'm sure there will still be a fan base for britney spears and nsync in 30 years based on this anomaly! The best song the beatles have was done better by aerosmith only a few years after its release anyway. That pretty much says it all.

6 hours ago, Steve_S said:

There are people who still listen to 80s hair metal on purpose too (i say on purpose because mostly i figured that by now it would only be relegated to use in "enhanced interrogation" methods by intelligence agencies), as horrifying as that fact is. I'm sure there will still be a fan base for britney spears and nsync in 30 years based on this anomaly! The best song the beatles have was done better by aerosmith only a few years after its release anyway. That pretty much says it all.

Come Together was hardly the Beatles best song, I would not even put it in the top 10 personally.   I also would not say that Aerosmith did it better, they just did it harder. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

:o  If the Beatles are an example of musical taste I guess I am just clueless.  That music is so old it has whiskers!  But one of the networks DID just announce the launch of a Beatles' channel. 

You don't like the Beatles? What on earth is wrong with you! :huh:

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

You don't like the Beatles? What on earth is wrong with you! :huh:

No, the Beatles were before my time.  Their music is too simplistic for me.  If I listen to old rock I listen to Creedance Clearwater Revival, Proco Harum, the Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan.  Although Dylan is folk, not rock.