• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/25/2017 at 8:42 AM, creativemechanic said:

Is it just me  or do some of these modern gospel songs sound like theyre just phrases patched together?

Classic gospel song tended to string together and say a definate statement. E.g.

The vilest offender who truly believes ,that moment from Jesus a pardon receives

I just heard a modern  one  on the radio

check the lyrics-

Primary singer.
i need you to prophesy,prophesy through  your body language'!
Backup singers-? I am just one praise  away from my breakthrough ?
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

If it is not your thing pick something else to listen too.  Why do we need to run down something just because it is not to our personal liking? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/25/2017 at 8:42 AM, creativemechanic said:

Is it just me  or do some of these modern gospel songs sound like theyre just phrases patched together?

Classic gospel song tended to string together and say a definate statement. E.g.

The vilest offender who truly believes ,that moment from Jesus a pardon receives

I just heard a modern  one  on the radio

check the lyrics-

Primary singer.
i need you to prophesy,prophesy through  your body language'!
Backup singers-? I am just one praise  away from my breakthrough ?
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

Guess a question might be how many old songs were junk? I suspect the advantage of listening to only old hymns and praises is that the bad old ones have not survived to  bend our ears today.

Stepping into the secular music of early rock and Rockabilly one might if old enough have heard and even remember  Rock Around the Clock, but who remembers the B side Two Hound Dogs? Fortunately hardly anyone. Again the advantage age has is that the poorer grades, of anything, do not survive.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/25/2017 at 9:15 AM, creativemechanic said:

Here's a joke about that song. I hate it . Or At least the way we sing it at my church (very slow and dragging).when i told someone,the man said "Demons  hate that  song"

So my questions are-

1. How does he know,does he have regular  contact with demons and 2. Whats he trying to imply  by that remark?

My Grandma Willamina used to croon The Old Rugged Cross as she sang in the kitchen.  She should wail it like it was a dirge!  In fact I didn't know a good many hymns were songs of joy until much later in life.  Today I hate slow music in church.  It is supposed to be meditative, I guess, but it always reminds me of grandma and my mind wanders to anything but the Lord.  Poor attention span. Keep it upbeat and I can rejoice in the Lord.