• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

My o only concern with the .25 is your likely to just make the attacker mad unless you are really good at shot placement under stress.  It's kinda the same way I feel about my 32.

A shot to the groin or the face is a really effective deterrent with small arms. Head shots are difficult under stress if not use to targeting small range areas. But shoot in the groin or in the inner thigh area where the femoral artery is, and your good. They'll bleed to death for loss of blood from that artery. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

21 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That's the big Beretta.  I thought a 92AF was going to be my first gun.  But two trips to two different gun stores convinced me on a Glock.  And the owner of the second gun shop convinced me on .40 instead of 9 mm.  She shot in competition and was dissatisfied with the 9 mm shooting steel targets.  I did end up a few years later buying a Taurus clone of the Beretta.  Good gun but not as accurate as a Beretta.

I have a Glock 40 Gen4. I like how it shoots.

Do you still have the Taurus?

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

4 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

A shot to the groin or the face is a really effective deterrent with small arms. Head shots are difficult under stress if not use to targeting small range areas. But shoot in the groin or in the inner thigh area where the femoral artery is, and your good. They'll bleed to death for loss of blood from that artery. 

Yeah.  I have thought about doing like a bunch of pushups or something and then hopping up and shooting.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, da_man1974 said:

Yeah.  I have thought about doing like a bunch of pushups or something and then hopping up and shooting.

That would be a great exercise for hand eye coordination. However, under stress, the adrenaline rush makes for an entirely different neuro-muscular response. If you have a gun range near you like we do here that is owned by a retired police officer, that's a great place to get advice on how to train in high stress situations. Police are highly specialized marksmen as are soldiers. There's a huge difference between cold practice and adrenaline fueled reality. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

6 minutes ago, worthy said:

I have a Glock 40 Gen4. I like how it shoots.

Do you still have the Taurus?

Yes.  It's a Taurus PT92AF in 9 mm.  The last time I shot it was to see if I drifted the rear site enough to put it back on target.  One of the things that drove me to the Taurus were looks (I like the way the Beretta looks), and capacity.  Back in the '90s, I could buy 18 rd. magazines for the Taurus on the cheap that were 100% reliable.  The grip (Hogue instead of factory walnut) is a little big for me, but other than that, it's a nice gun.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

They make a laser bullet that puts out a one second dot when you shoot it,... it is very good in getting used to point and shooting and getting close enough to stop someone coming at you...l. and it can take up to two seconds off your firing time when it counts over aiming first.

Has helped on my small Tarus .380.       

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Yes, I can think of a few as well, but they would be far less likely to do anything stupid if everyone else was armed as well.  It's funny to think that 100 years ago everyone was carrying, and the only law necessary were a handful of deputies and marshal's.  Think of all the money cities would save if people still policed themselves.  Think about the massive size of law enforcement in this nation today and the cost both financially and to liberty because of it.

My great grandfather was a deputy marshal from what I've been told.....  it is said that if he told you to get down off your horse and you refused he'd just shoot you off the thing.  We needed a lot less police back then for no one messed with them. 

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Yes.  It's a Taurus PT92AF in 9 mm.  The last time I shot it was to see if I drifted the rear site enough to put it back on target.  One of the things that drove me to the Taurus were looks (I like the way the Beretta looks), and capacity.  Back in the '90s, I could buy 18 rd. magazines for the Taurus on the cheap that were 100% reliable.  The grip (Hogue instead of factory walnut) is a little big for me, but other than that, it's a nice gun.

Ok,I may have to look into that one.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64

44 minutes ago, worthy said:

Ok,I may have to look into that one.

Do you have much experience with the Gen 4 Glocks?  My Glocks are Gen 2s and Gen 3s.  Never shot a Gen 4 of any caliber.

I'm a collector and a shooter, but not a hunter (not that I have anything against hunting).  It's just not what I'm interested in.  I've gotten into a little bit of gunsmithing and will be getting into reloading soon, energy permitting.  I have all the equipment needed for reloading .40 S&W.

11 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Do you have much experience with the Gen 4 Glocks?  My Glocks are Gen 2s and Gen 3s.  Never shot a Gen 4 of any caliber.

I'm a collector and a shooter, but not a hunter (not that I have anything against hunting).  It's just not what I'm interested in.  I've gotten into a little bit of gunsmithing and will be getting into reloading soon, energy permitting.  I have all the equipment needed for reloading .40 S&W.

I've had several. My favorite would have to be the Glock 19 Gen4. It's very good for conceal carry. The trigger pull is about 5.5 pounds which breaks crisp,with a short and audible reset. Which imo allows more accuracy and faster firing. Its a very good all around pistol. You can use a 17 rd or 33rd mag in it, and it will feed and function fine. It’s highly accurate for it’s size: I can easily place 5 shots in a 1 inch hole at 7 yards with regular range ammo. And it feels very good in my hand.