dprprb

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Often I read posts that accuse God of various evil acts and I would like to clarify a particular point that I think gets missed ..

A sacrifice is meant to appease the Law not God himself, I think.  Being the 'is all',  'do all' kind of deity that God is forces us to maintain a conceptualization similar to 'wearing many hats'.  Thus it is overlain or superimposed when the administrator of the Law demands justice and was also the creator of that law. It appears as appeasment. This idea of multitasking is justification for a triumvirate (Father Son HS) experience of God at a minimum. It is easier to reason thru natural laws in unemotional ways - such as every action has an equal and opposite reaction-and see that they are inhuman facts. I find , that for my purposes and understanding, Biblical law is an extension of natural law even though it is written in human conceptualizations (ideals) not billard balls.  I think a lot of antagonism , angst, etc I read in posts would dissipate if people generally understood this superimposed nature of the divine. Is it that most people arent very good at induction reasoning methods perhaps? Is it easier to blame than figure how it does make sense?

Edited by dprprb
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

I think it is more a matter of perspective rather than methods of reasoning .

" In the time of trouble He shall hide me in His Pavilion "   means nothing when the sun is shining and we are without a care or trial .

These words are reserved for those in trouble .

" My grace is sufficient for thee "   means nothing to those with no sense of need .

But when one has prayed for the removal of a  " thorn in the flesh "  and it still persists , such words reveal new sources of strength and understanding .

This is the " law "   of Divine revealing .

We learn the truths of not all at once , but as fast as our present estate allows us to take them in and appreciate them .

Giving us Blessed assurance that in the our future no time will come without  its appropriate light , strength , or solace .

"  I have yet many things to say unto you ,  but ye cannot bear them now ."    ( John 16 : 12 )

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 5/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, dprprb said:

Often I read posts that accuse God of various evil acts and I would like to clarify a particular point that I think gets missed ..

A sacrifice is meant to appease the Law not God himself, I think.  Being the 'is all',  'do all' kind of deity that God is forces us to maintain a conceptualization similar to 'wearing many hats'.  Thus it is overlain or superimposed when the administrator of the Law demands justice and was also the creator of that law. It appears as appeasment. This idea of multitasking is justification for a triumvirate (Father Son HS) experience of God at a minimum. It is easier to reason thru natural laws in unemotional ways - such as every action has an equal and opposite reaction-and see that they are inhuman facts. I find , that for my purposes and understanding, Biblical law is an extension of natural law even though it is written in human conceptualizations (ideals) not billard balls.  I think a lot of antagonism , angst, etc I read in posts would dissipate if people generally understood this superimposed nature of the divine. Is it that most people arent very good at induction reasoning methods perhaps? Is it easier to blame than figure how it does make sense?

Well it says that the judaizers wanted to follow the law after Christ so they can avoid the persecution that comes with being a child of God.

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/25/2017 at 12:48 PM, dprprb said:

Can we go with the Bible's though that the sacrifices of the Law prefigure and typify Jesus Christ? God sacrificed animals as far back as Adam and Eve, to protect and covenant with us.

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/25/2017 at 1:48 PM, dprprb said:

A sacrifice is meant to appease the Law not God himself, I think. 

The law wasn't given for this, but for appease the sinner:

• Gal 3:24  -> So that the Law has become a trainer of us until Christ, that we might be justified by faith.