• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

An adequate explanation of the miracles should:

1. Reveal something that glorifies God -

2.Be a useful tool to address doubt as it arises inside Christians and non believers.

3. Promote equitable communications between factions of Christianity that have arisen in the course of time and betweeen individual expressions of interpretations of Scripture.

4. Be consistent as an explanatory structure for all (or as many as and as thoroughly as possible) accounts in both OT and NT (closed canon).

5. Be as consistent as possible with known physics and Scripture- this is a very uncomfortable area as neither group likes things to be bent in any particular direction and dont recognize bending the rules as an effective method- this leads to #6.

6. Nothing removes a decision by faith belief- though I might bend them towards one another a 'gap' will exist as it is not going to give a formula to calculate to 35 decimal places nor be the active voice of God. It is a means or tool to engender a 'spark' of faith

Im leaving the floor open to your further suggestions and criticsms.

I fully realize that many here do not need to hear any such thing (blessings!) and may react negatively to any suggested process.

However there are an equal number of individuals here, out there, that would benefit. All I can say is know me by the fruit.

As a start to such an explanation I sense that a unique formula exists for the salvation of many. First the lintels and posts of the ark are sealed with pitch (word unknown) which is sap (tree blood) or tar (prehistoric hydrocarbon of life)to protect the firstborn from the "wrath of God" (1), then in Egypt is it lambs blood on the lintels to protect the first born from the wrath of God, then it is human blood on the cross (beam) to protect everyone who believes in Him from judgement, then it is the blood of an innocent girl , Annabel Beam, who spreads her own blood accidentally inside a tree (Beam)and is miraculously healed, there is a movie, a scientific review, and hopefully many are saved.

(1) Remind: This is a sacrifice to fulfill the Law not to appease an angry deity who is also the administer of the law. see my post in Universal Law forum to discuss

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

we really don't need too convolute the english language any further.... a miracle is a supernatural event that God alone is able to perform....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings dprprb

I'm sorry,what?   I don't understand your OP in the least......

a miracle is a supernatural event that God alone is able to perform                                               enoob

:amen:My life is a Miracle,i had stage 4 incurable cancer,documented ......then I didn't,I'm making a very long story very short but thats the heart of the matter,its a Miracle that only God could perform & only God gets the Glory!There is no explanation,there is nothing that anyone but God Could do....&He Did! Thank you Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

we really don't need too convolute the english languageany further.... a miracle is a supernatural event that God alone is able to perform....

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/encyclopedia-of-the-bible/Miracles

excerpt: " In Deuteronomy the evil miracles were not merely apparent or pretended; nor in Matthew, nor are they such in Revelation 13:13, which ascribes great signs, even making fire come down from heaven, to the beast that spoke like a dragon (cf. Rev. 16:14; 19:20). "

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/encyclopedia-of-the-bible/Miracles

excerpt: " In Deuteronomy the evil miracles were not merely apparent or pretended; nor in Matthew, nor are they such in Revelation 13:13, which ascribes great signs, even making fire come down from heaven, to the beast that spoke like a dragon (cf. Rev. 16:14; 19:20). "

an excerpt from your link
"The reference in the First Part says, “If we take a miracle in the strict sense, the demons cannot work miracles, nor can any creature, but God alone; for in the strict sense, a miracle is something done outside the order of the entire created nature...."      This was basically what I said :thumbsup: thanks for the link!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The importance though, worldwide today,  is that the enemy is deceiving multitudes with 'miracles', and will do even moreso before Y'SHUA returns.

Missionaries to China and Africa have seen Christians raise the dead, literally,

and have seen even more unbelievers/ devil worshippers /  raise the dead (since the devil worshippers so greatly outnumber the Christians the "miracles" are also correspondingliy more in number).

Of course,   no matter where in the world,  when there is great unbelief,  not many miracles by Christians nor by devil worshippers are accomplished....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Craig Keener put out a massive two-volume book on the subject of miracles several years ago.  He went all around the world and interviewed all kinds of people about miracles they had witnessed and experienced.  Unfortunately, because it's a lot of reading and rather expensive, I'm afraid most people won't get to read what he wrote. 

However, there are other ways to get some of the information.  Here are a few free samples of what he has to say on the subject:

http://www.craigkeener.com/miracles-around-the-world-podcast/

http://www.craigkeener.com/its-okay-to-expect-a-miracle-interview-from-christianity-today/

http://www.craigkeener.com/answering-some-objections-to-miracles/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Many want miracles from God to prove that He is real. We do not need that. We have the Bible and we have everything around us including the creation of human beings. I do believe that God performs miracles today but not nearly as many as He did in the Bible. God is real. :)

• Group:  Junior Member

5 hours ago, simplejeff said:

The importance though, worldwide today,  is that the enemy is deceiving multitudes with 'miracles', and will do even moreso before Y'SHUA returns.

Missionaries to China and Africa have seen Christians raise the dead, literally,

and have seen even more unbelievers/ devil worshippers /  raise the dead (since the devil worshippers so greatly outnumber the Christians the "miracles" are also correspondingliy more in number).

Of course,   no matter where in the world,  when there is great unbelief,  not many miracles by Christians nor by devil worshippers are accomplished....

Are you suggesting that any miracle today would be because of Satanic influence? Therefore a Scriptural interpretation (just using the testimony) that explains how the miracles are plausible is undermining the Word rather than upholding it in 21st century reality? 

• Group:  Junior Member

9 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings dprprb

I'm sorry,what?   I don't understand your OP in the least......

:amen:My life is a Miracle,i had stage 4 incurable cancer,documented ......then I didn't,I'm making a very long story very short but thats the heart of the matter,its a Miracle that only God could perform & only God gets the Glory!There is no explanation,there is nothing that anyone but God Could do....&He Did! Thank you Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

February: "" It would only be COOL for us Believers I think ,so we could see the looks on the scientists faces when thy saw what the rest of us have always known without a shadow of doubt""- Kwik

Edited by dprprb
citing author