Write a Response.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Ps... If their beliefs don't matchand you don't consider them as Christian why would the Lutheran even be in any relationship  with a Catholic?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

But  youre assuming the parets themselves  are Christian and have Christian moral. Some flat out don't and will teach contrary to it

I would not assume that,  for we know what assumption does. Yet, I do declare it to be so very important that a parent must  not turn their child over to a one week a year Bible teacher, nor a once a week youth leader. It is better for the  youth leader to encourage both the parent and the child to be involved, praying for each, not substituting ones self for a parent. Setting up conflict between a parent and a child is  devastating to the child even when the parent may be wrong, biblically wrong.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Ps... If their beliefs don't matchand you don't consider them as Christian why would the Lutheran even be in any relationship  with a Catholic?

I don't know who you are asking but,....  

Isn't it pretty easy to understand that individuals get into relationships, not to satisfy religious needs, but to have physical  and social contact, love, they burn with passion, etc.? Passion of the fleshly heart has very little to do with the doctrines of church leaders trying to dominate a sect of Christianity.  Trying to satisfy both when neither is  the ultimate which is to be  as Paul was that of being without need of any kind, is an  interesting dilemma I suppose, but also rather self extinquishing too if all reach that ultimate.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Sometimes it is not so easy to follow. Not saying you should or shouldn't. I am just being real here in what I say.  First you have to find someone who is a Christian. Then their Christian believes need to work with your Christian believes. What I mean by that is it would be unlikely that I would marry a Christian if say he believed that watching tv and playing rock music was sinful things. So let say you find someone who is a Christian and their believes line up with yours. Well then you have to fall in love. Then they have to be someone you want to marry and someone you can see yourself spending the rest of your life with. There are a few more things like employment and how many children you can agree on but I just wrote the highlights.  

Sometimes it all lines up and works out. Other times you find yourself having a very long search. Finding someone you can fall in love with and marry is hard enough as it is. Finding someone who shares your religious believes that you can fall in love and marry is very hard.  Again I am not telling anyone what the right or the wrong thing is to do. But back before I found someone and got married. It was very very hard to find a suitable boy friend that I liked enough to be a boy friend and who also shared my religious believes.  God Bless!