• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello and God Bless!

I am a very faithful person (at least, I was) and I started going to the Church almost every Sunday one year ago.

Three months ago, I finally realized that I really need God because without God the life means nothing.

In the summer, I saw some horror movies that didn't affect me in that time. I had hypocondria (the psychical disease, that is kinda like OCD, and that gives you thoughts that you are sick). I went to the hospital three times in a month and the doctor reasurred me I have nothing. Later, in the Easter period, I saw another movie with my uncle ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose"), (well, I kinda told you this story in another topic) and felt really bad. I looked for help on these forums and you really helped me, but, now, I just have intrusive thoughts that I might be possessed, or about me killing the girl I really like. I would never do that, but I don't know why I have this thoughts. Sometimes, the OCD just puts in my head the "What if?" question. (What if God doesn't want me? What if God thinks I don't love Jesus?")

I saw some parts of the movie "The Omen" and began to ask myself: "What if I am like that boy?". To reduce the anxiety, I just continue to say in my mind: "Jesus is Messiah.". I continue to reassure myself that I am fine, using this phrase.

Now, things are getting worse. The intrusive thoughts began to invade my life. I just can't get away from them. I just feel that God doesn't help me anymore. And I continue asking myself: "What if I don't love God?".

Please, help me.

Is it just OCD? Or should I talk to the priest? I'm scared but I don't really want to tell the priest these things because I think he would say I'm not a christian anymore.

In God's love,

Mario.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, mat007 said:

Hello and God Bless!

I am a very faithful person (at least, I was) and I started going to the Church almost every Sunday one year ago.

Three months ago, I finally realized that I really need God because without God the life means nothing.

In the summer, I saw some horror movies that didn't affect me in that time. I had hypocondria (the psychical disease, that is kinda like OCD, and that gives you thoughts that you are sick). I went to the hospital three times in a month and the doctor reasurred me I have nothing. Later, in the Easter period, I saw another movie with my uncle ("The Exorcism of Emily Rose"), (well, I kinda told you this story in another topic) and felt really bad. I looked for help on these forums and you really helped me, but, now, I just have intrusive thoughts that I might be possessed, or about me killing the girl I really like. I would never do that, but I don't know why I have this thoughts. Sometimes, the OCD just puts in my head the "What if?" question. (What if God doesn't want me? What if God thinks I don't love Jesus?")

I saw some parts of the movie "The Omen" and began to ask myself: "What if I am like that boy?". To reduce the anxiety, I just continue to say in my mind: "Jesus is Messiah.". I continue to reassure myself that I am fine, using this phrase.

Now, things are getting worse. The intrusive thoughts began to invade my life. I just can't get away from them. I just feel that God doesn't help me anymore. And I continue asking myself: "What if I don't love God?".

Please, help me.

Is it just OCD? Or should I talk to the priest? I'm scared but I don't really want to tell the priest these things because I think he would say I'm not a christian anymore.

In God's love,

Mario.

Have you seen a good Christian therapist? Give all of these concerns to God. He will guide and direct you as what to do.

Guest Teditis

OCD related illnesses often cause constant (compulsive) ruminations... thinking on a certain

subject over and over again without a sense that you can get it out of your head.

Fortunately, professionals in the Mental Health field can very often help with this. There is

a lot they are doing with talk-therapy that's "new" and helpful for suffers of OCD. Also, they've

made some major breakthroughs with medicine that helps with compulsive thinking... I know

because I take some meds for that... and it's really given me some new found freedom that I had

never experienced in my years growing up. I highly recommend you seek a professional for help

and also keep God close to you through prayer that He aid the doctors in finding you the best meds

out there for your health.

Will be praying... God Bless.

26 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Have you seen a good Christian therapist? Give all of these concerns to God. He will guide and direct you as what to do.

No, I actually didn't see a good Christian therapist, because I don't live in a city region so I think only the priest can help me.

25 minutes ago, mat007 said:

No, I actually didn't see a good Christian therapist, because I don't live in a city region so I think only the priest can help me.

A Catholic Priest is not your best option.

10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A Catholic Priest is not your best option.

Why would you say that?

5 minutes ago, mat007 said:

Why would you say that?

Because a Priest has no mental health expertise. They have not studied mental illnesses. They are not qualified to give someone a diagnosis on the mental illness problems a person is having. They have not been through school for dealing with the illnesses of the mind.

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Because a Priest has no mental health expertise. They have not studied mental illnesses. They are not qualified to give someone a diagnosis on the mental illness problems a person is having. They have not been through school for dealing with the illnesses of the mind.

So, you too, agree with me that it is just the OCD and that I love God but the OCD doesn't allow me to be sure about that.

Is it good to visit a therapist? Does it matter if he is a Christian Therapist or not?

Edited by mat007

Just now, mat007 said:

So, you too, agree with me that it is just the OCD and that I love God but the OCD doesn't allow me to be sure about that.

Is it good to visit a therapist? (I'm not reffering if it is a Christian one or not)

It is not ethical for a person to diagnose someone over the computer. I have OCD and I used to have many unwanted thoughts. Would you be interested in reading a book about OCD?

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

What I meant is that you know that I'm fine, spiritually? That God knows that I don't want to have these thoughts. Anyways, I am interested in that book.

Edited by mat007