• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I often hear that all you need is scripture. Sola scriptura!!! The problem isn't scriputre it's man and mans ability to interpit scriputre. Scriputre itself tells us that scriputre is hard to understand. It also tells us that we need someone qualified to interpit it. 

Jesus left his authority with the Aposltes and they passed it on to their successors. These are the men that have the authority to properly interpit scriputre. Not each individual person; we are like the Ethiopian:

Catholic Study Bible

Acts 8:31

31 And he said, "How can I, unless some one guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

The problem with your group is the wolves are leading you and you have no way to verify they are what they are... they have made sure of that by their dogma!
Just a simple example

Matthew 19:14 (KJV)

[14] But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Clearly the disciples were shooing them away... 'their just children' but God reveals His heart to us here and wanted them to have direct access to Him! In the very clearest of scenerios your popery does not want that but through them and they handle the final connection... and you see this as right? Yet according to Scripture it is error... that is why we hold to Scripture for there is only One
Teacher

John 14:26 (KJV)

[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)

[28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Acts 17:11 (KJV)

[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so

We verify teachers by Scripture and The Holy Spirit - the access Jesus wanted on earth still exists in this same way Spiritually... a very clear demarkation from leading of Scripture and catholicism
with it's directives...
 Love, Steven

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Clearly the disciples were shooing them away... 'their just children' but God reveals His heart to us here and wanted them to have direct access to Him! In the very clearest of scenerios your popery does not want that but through them and they handle the final connection... and you see this as right? Yet according to Scripture it is error... that is why we hold to Scripture for there is only One

This makes no sense to me. We are the ones that baptize children. We are the one that truely believe Gods saving grace is truely a free gift. It's so free that we believe even babies can recieve this gift. 

Protestant refuse to baptize their children therefore withholding the body of Christ from them until they can perform a certain act. 

How bizzar to say the Papcy keeps children from Jesus. Please explain because clearly I'm missing something. 

Cheers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

6 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

This makes no sense to me. We are the ones that baptize children. We are the one that truely believe Gods saving grace is truely a free gift. It's so free that we believe even babies can recieve this gift. 

Protestant refuse to baptize their children therefore withholding the body of Christ from them until they can perform a certain act. 

How bizzar to say the Papcy keeps children from Jesus. Please explain because clearly I'm missing something. 

Cheers

I am somewhat at a loss to further the simplicity of what I said... you're catholic  papal dogma inserts itself into the between of God and believer- just as the disciples were doing physically with the children at that time... God clearly showed His desire for them to have direct access to Him!  I am also speaking of all ages as the childen of God! Love, Steven

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Acts 17:11 (KJV)

[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so

We verify teachers by Scripture and The Holy Spirit - the access Jesus wanted on earth still exists in this same way Spiritually... a very clear demarkation from leading of Scripture and catholicism
with it's directives...
 Love, Steven

This isn't being intellectual honest. Out the three verses this is the only one that mentions scripture and it was written before there was a NT. The scriputre mentioned here is the OT. 

This is not the standards set out in the new testement. 

Verify verify verify. You ripped that verse out of context. That verse is talking about the Jews found in the synagogue they were using scriputre to know Jesus.

Acts 17:10-11

10 The brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Beroe'a; and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessaloni'ca, for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

it was NOT talking about ordaining preachers. It's talking about believers. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I am somewhat at a loss to further the simplicity of what I said... you're catholic  papal dogma inserts itself into the between of God and believer- just as the disciples were doing physically with the children at that time... God clearly showed His desire for them to have direct access to Him!  I am also speaking of all ages as the childen of God! Love, Steven

Again we don't with hold anyone from Jesus including children. I would argue that Protestants with hold Jesus from children by not allowing them to enter the body of Christ which is a free gift that can not be earned. But in the Protestant faith it's with held from them until they perform an act. 

Just now, Judas Machabeus said:

This isn't being intellectual honest. Out the three verses this is the only one that mentions scripture and it was written before there was a NT. The scriputre mentioned here is the OT. 

This is not the standards set out in the new testement. 

Verify verify verify. You ripped that verse out of context. That verse is talking about the Jews found in the synagogue they were using scriputre to know Jesus.

Acts 17:10-11

10 The brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Beroe'a; and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessaloni'ca, for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

it was NOT talking about ordaining preachers. It's talking about believers. 

Have you not read God's teaching about the OT?

John 5:39 (KJV)

[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

[40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Jesus was speaking of the OT and so your argument is made moot ... for Jesus was speaking of the Scriptures alone were able to lead them to Him!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Again we don't with hold anyone from Jesus including children. I would argue that Protestants with hold Jesus from children by not allowing them to enter the body of Christ which is a free gift that can not be earned. But in the Protestant faith it's with held from them until they perform an act. 

I would like an example as how we withhold children from Jesus until they preform an act.  I am not following your train of thought here at all.

3 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

The whole of your papal activity is excatly stationed between individual and Christ and we know this by your own witness of papal doctrine of succession of Peter ...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

27 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Cheers

Baptism of man is of no use, and no "certain act" can withhold one from Christ!  Grace is a free gift, to each believer, with no church or man being able to pass this gift from God to anyone.  

Guest Judas Machabeus
30 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The whole of your papal activity is excatly stationed between individual and Christ and we know this by your own witness of papal doctrine of succession of Peter ...

The Pope doesn't keep me from Jesus.so I'm at a loss how you think that