• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This is another area where little said must remain little said.... there are all kinds of renderings that are not supportable by the hermeneutic of this passage! Surfice it to be said -the way God dealt with people was through patriarichal head of house and Noah was tag 'he was it' ... to curse one's own son was definitly indication of bad on Ham's part. Obedience to Scripture not to add nor take away has a place to stay one's heart and remain faithful in that stance...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Its because Ham had homosexual and perhaps worse sexual tendencies. God had just destroyed the world with flood because mankind had become so depraved it was having sex with angels and begetting children, "In those days, and for some time after, giant Nephilites (Nephilim) lived on the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times. [Heraclius, Thor and etc] The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart. And the Lord said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” But Noah found favor with the Lord." (Genesis 6:4-10).

We are told by the Apostle Paul in retrospective what people became like after fall, "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. 21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. 24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents." (Romans 1:20-30).

You said:

Its because Ham had homosexual and perhaps worse sexual tendencies. God had just destroyed the world with flood because mankind had become so depraved it was having sex with angels and begetting children

Can you give scripture for this as I never heard this before?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If one looks at all the places in scripture where that phrase is used you can get a pretty good idea.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

16 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I'd like some light shed on this plz.

*so Noah is naked and drunk in his tent after drinking wine.

Son Ham has seen this, told his two brothers who then put a blanket over Noah, all the while with their backs toward Noah, so as to not see their dad naked.

However, Noah must have been aware of all this as later on he curses Ham and blesses the two other sons.

*Is Hams curse to do with seeing Noah naked?

I think it's unfair for people who have grown up in a world that condones disrespect to the elderly and supports their being shoved away in homes that are little more than abandonment camps for people who are considered less important than quote/unquote productive citizens to evaluate the culture of people several thousand years ago.

Ham was done the way he was done, because he made fun of his father's condition instead of helping him out and covering his body.

I think, today Ham would have spread the fact all over the internet and have about 30,000 likes on the post by now.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

14 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Its because Ham had homosexual and perhaps worse sexual tendencies. God had just destroyed the world with flood because mankind had become so depraved it was having sex with angels and begetting children, "In those days, and for some time after, giant Nephilites (Nephilim) lived on the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors of ancient times. [Heraclius, Thor and etc] The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart. And the Lord said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” But Noah found favor with the Lord." (Genesis 6:4-10).

We are told by the Apostle Paul in retrospective what people became like after fall, "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. 21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles. 24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done. 29 Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, quarreling, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. 30 They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They invent new ways of sinning, and they disobey their parents." (Romans 1:20-30).

I think God had the Bible created for a purpose and that is not to read into it more than is there. The idea that God knows our hearts and that he would intentionally overlook something in a person that he just destroyed everyone else in the world for, seems to lack efficiency. I don't think anything God does lacks that. What God did with the great Flood was a rebooting of humanity and he would not, I think allow a corrupted version of humanity to exist. That's what the Devil is for and the purpose that Satan exists.

What is is there is an open account of disrespectful and utter contempt by a son of a father in days when Gods designs where held much stronger than they are today.  Ham saw his father in a compromising position and instead of dealing with it the way any loving son would have done, he went out to the only one's he could have and told them . Why would he not just cover his father and then go to his brothers after that, warning them to be diligent when their father got drunk, that this could happen.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

11 hours ago, angels4u said:

You said:

Can you give scripture for this as I never heard this before?

See another one of my posts. If you look at line where Noah curses Ham for what he did to him, and look up what it meant by "Ham saw his Father's nakedness," it has connotations that include inspection and touch. It requires Strong's Concordance and knowledge of what words like "saw" and "know" meant in those times. Know or knew being sexual relations back then.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

See another one of my posts. If you look at line where Noah curses Ham for what he did to him, and look up what it meant by "Ham saw his Father's nakedness," it has connotations that include inspection and touch. It requires Strong's Concordance and knowledge of what words like "saw" and "know" meant in those times. Know or knew being sexual relations back then.

Did Moses had the same thing in his mind like you, and the author of strong's , and the brothers of Ham? 

That's why they didn't keel him, they wanted him alive, so he can do the same thing to them, and their children. 

Very strange indeed, considering, why God distroyed the people because of those things, and other. 

And God who kept Noah safe from those things, he had a plan for Noah to deliver him to Ham. 

God kept alive Noah for the apetite of Ham, grousam indeed . 

And who knew Ham, he also kept Ham Alive, to do that to his Father. 

Very disturbing comments. 

God choose this family, because it was a righteous family. 

And Ham when he saw his Father drunk, he judge him, and his heavily drinking. 

When someone drinks too much, gets hot, and that's why Noah in his stupor removed his clothes. 

Ham saw him accidentally, and he dispice Noah's situation, he Ham been more righteous and more careful than Noah. 

Ham lost respect for his Father, and told his brothers. 

Why did he tell his brothers. so they don't become like their Father, so they can go and see what became of the righteous Noah. 

This an example that Noah was defeated by alcohol. 

What a deprived mind may think and tell things about Ham, and accused him in his absence , when Ham is not here to defend himself. 

Perhaps you wrote down all those things, and for what reasons. 

What is the intent, what is the motive, is it intelligence, that comes from above, or earthly, or from below. 

In the Scriptures we read that the people after the flood lived in fear of God, and they lived a very Godly life, been fearful that God will do the same thing to them. 

And if they found out someone doing the same things that cause the flood they stoned him to death. 

And God had pitty on them and he gave them the rainbow as a sign of peace. To take away the fear from them, from another flood. 

After the flood they were God fearing people only on Earth. 

So the evil heart of Ham was not revealed till strong's dictionary and the other Scriptures who said "Adam knew his wife and they had a son", 

Taking things out of context, manipulation of the Scriptures using dictionaries, to stir the imagination in srange ungodly directions. 

Hope that you expect a Heavenly blessing for that, the approval of JESUS CHRIST. 

I think you may wait for a while till you meet Ham in person, and dare tell him to his face and Infront of JESUS CHRIST and Noah, what you said about him and Noah, and his brothers. 

Tell the mistake God made to saved diprived people like them. 

Iniquity is accussing others in their absence. 

Behind their back. 

They are not alone, JESUS CHRIST has appointed people to defend them. 

There is till time, not before we meet them in person, Ham, Noah , his Sons, and strong's and Moses, and all the congrigation of the Saints, and Angels who know the inosesence of Ham, Noah and the brothers. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Canaan was cursed. Not Ham.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/the-curse-of-canaan/

*This was interesting.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/26/2017 at 6:39 PM, HisFirst said:

I'd like some light shed on this plz.

*so Noah is naked and drunk in his tent after drinking wine.

Son Ham has seen this, told his two brothers who then put a blanket over Noah, all the while with their backs toward Noah, so as to not see their dad naked.

However, Noah must have been aware of all this as later on he curses Ham and blesses the two other sons.

*Is Hams curse to do with seeing Noah naked?

It was a father's shame that his son saw him nude and drunk. Genesis 9 has the full report concerning this. 
Noah Cursed Ham because he also brought his fathers shame, because drunkenness was condemned by God also, to the attention of his brothers with the taking of the covering to obscure his fathers body. Ham's brothers did not otherwise see Noah nude. 
Ham is the father of Canaan. Which today is the Levant. The area of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Israel.