Lost in translation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

For a few days now there have been post/threads that have good intentions and purpose but somewhere in there, there seems to be a point where the purpose gets lost in translation.

Whether it is in the definition of a word or particular parts in scripture. We seem to get side tracked by our views and omit the opportunity for people to just speak freely. 

Not everything should be said nor received as an attack. We should be able to free our minds to receive it all and address accordingly with discernment. Not only against our brethren but also within ourselves. 

We should act as if we have a class project which we all want to pass and receive a good grade. We have to come together, ping ideas off of each other and include everyone. It's not so some take over and others have to be forced to sit back. Or others just zone out and no longer participate. We are all in this class of Teachings from God.

We need to remember not all learn the same way, not all think the same way, and in this class, all grades are in one class, so each has different levels of their abilities and understandings. Even more of a reason to help each other out where some may missunderstand. 

One major rule we can take from God is he does not force. 

He is patient, he listens and teaches as such.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

For a few days now there have been post/threads that have good intentions and purpose but somewhere in there, there seems to be a point where the purpose gets lost in translation.

Whether it is in the definition of a word or particular parts in scripture. We seem to get side tracked by our views and omit the opportunity for people to just speak freely. 

Not everything should be said nor received as an attack. We should be able to free our minds to receive it all and address accordingly with discernment. Not only against our brethren but also within ourselves. 

We should act as if we have a class project which we all want to pass and receive a good grade. We have to come together, ping ideas off of each other and include everyone. It's not so some take over and others have to be forced to sit back. Or others just zone out and no longer participate. We are all in this class of Teachings from God.

We need to remember not all learn the same way, not all think the same way, and in this class, all grades are in one class, so each has different levels of their abilities and understandings. Even more of a reason to help each other out where some may missunderstand. 

:thumbsup:

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Jude 1:3-4 (English Standard Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

29 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Often in a class where there is no teacher...spit wads will fly. LOL

The OP may be ideal in a Church setting, but this forum is quite open to much else.

Some are guided by the Teacher, some are devoid of Him.

True.

However this teacher knows where every spit wad came from, was intended for and aimed at.

This should be the ideal setting for anyone in Him, whereever they roam.

Eventually the Teacher will Grade us all. As a whole and individually.

5 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:thumbsup:

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Jude 1:3-4 (English Standard Version)

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Thank you Joe!

Love and Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I agree, everyone should assume the best, that topics are for discussion not to condemn someone or a group. I totally agree with what you have said, I think we need to always surmise someone is just waiting to discuss and contemplate something, rather than conclude they want to malign and be malicious. Part of benefit of "freedom of speech" in any country is cost package that you might get offended by what someone says.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

23 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Matthew 23 Jesus had quite an ear full for those he "did not force."

In Matthew 16 he called Peter Satan.

He drove the money changers out of the Temple courts with a whip.

He is coming back as Judge of all.

Lest we forget...

There ARE forces arrayed against us in this world, and even fellow believers who believe in a different way or who took exception to what another found in the Bible that they disagree with... and yes some do make it a habit to troll others and oppose them for giving the time of day.

I am not here to prove this point (opposing your point)... I'd love it absolutely love it if people like this (or any who disagree with what the Bible says) would just pass by and ignore what I write.

But this is the world we live in.

Dr. Chuck Missler said of Christians... "we are the only people who form our firing squads in circles."

13 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Matthew 23 Jesus had quite an ear full for those he "did not force."

In Matthew 16 he called Peter Satan.

He drove the money changers out of the Temple courts with a whip.

He is coming back as Judge of all.

Lest we forget...

There ARE forces arrayed against us in this world, and even fellow believers who believe in a different way or who took exception to what another found in the Bible that they disagree with... and yes some do make it a habit to troll others and oppose them for giving the time of day.

I am not here to prove this point (opposing your point)... I'd love it absolutely love it if people like this (or any who disagree with what the Bible says) would just pass by and ignore what I write.

But this is the world we live in.

Dr. Chuck Missler said of Christians... "we are the only people who form our firing squads in circles."

We both speak the same in different ways.

By me saying God doesn't force was not meaning he can't use us to be forceful when he needs us to. However we must make sure it is from Him and not Us.

God invites us, we either except or refuse. He never forces.

I do love the qoute from Dr. Chuck Missler. Unfortunately it is true but sums up exactly my purpose of this post.

To look at one's self and make sure we are not working against eachother, against God.

Thank you!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Walter Martin used to say something to the effect...

God won't make you go 'gainst your will...

he won't make you go 'gainst your will...

he won't make you go against your will...

but he'll certainly make you willing to go!

I agree, sister, we are on the same terms here from different perspectives. :D

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/28/2017 at 4:38 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Nice opening post to a subject, thanks.

I think at least two things happen, no three or even four.

There is discussion  

There is the sidetrack  or side note with intent to return to the main topic

There is then also self appointed teachers, each  being more a haranguing lecturer, bringing their own podium onto the scene

And  more often perhaps there is the simple pathway  of conversations that go much like kids playing pass it on while sitting  on a set of steps also known as the fun game of Gossip; - where at the end of the line the last person to hear and then speak  is so far removed in thought from the first that  it becomes hilarious to compare the two.

I prefer to think the last is the more common, and it is so easy to just turn on "ignore" that the lecturer, or really anyone,  need not be  much of a problem.

Biggest problem I know of in these forum situations is a tendency  may develop  to not give the others around credit for having their own personal ability to discern for themselves. Instead thinking;  well that doesn't bother me, but it may  mislead all those others here. So I had better step in and rescue them all, lest they  be misled and even lost. That's when the attack  posts  get underway  in my opinion. And we all know, or I presume we all do, the value of my opinion :D  Take it for what it is worth. Do I hear the call for a wave love offering? No?  Moving on....

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Communication is a vital part of all our lives.  Unfortunately, it is an aspect of life that is vastly in danger as nobody seems to care enough to ensure what they are communicating is what they intended to communicate.  Some people just spurt out words and hit reply without rereading what they are posting to ensure clarity.  I find this all over, not only on this site, but in real life; in personal conversations, in company emails, in discussions, etc..  These same people seem to lack the ability to understand that partial information requires others to have the ability to read their minds in order to understand their point, while accusing people of not having an understand due to their lack of clarity, and the finger point begins.

Yes, there are those with an agenda.  These are not here to discuss, but to teach.  Their agenda is to correct what they see are errors in other peoples faith and theology, believing what they hold is the only truth.  A quick search will reveal that the same mindset can be found in every cult that has ever been created.

So, what are the these corrections that are going on?  Is it really someone trying to rescue others, or is it someone trying to bring clarity in an otherwise chaotic conversation?