• Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

In Memory of:

Heros!

The many, so many that are not with us today  for they  wore a military uniform, gave their blood to their death, for Country, State, Township, and God.

From so many walks of life heroes were birthed to be violently cut short of 72 years that we may have 72 and if by God's grace a few more too, in relative freedom and peace.

A salute  is given, and a tear is shed, for all the young that never made the status of aged civilian.

They each gave it all that we may have the pleasures of this day.

The hot dogs, the chips, watermelon, and corn, the day at a beach or park,  on  a Monday off to begin yet another summer. Remember it's high price please, and take that moment for  a salute and a tear in memory of:

I especially remember three that I did not know, except through their family. I probably never would have known of them in this life had they not been killed serving in uniform. For they were of a different race, a different family tradition and culture, and  a different education. Each died in uniform, a violent death  serving this land's military.  

The third time the family came in to arrange  the military  funeral  of yet another of their clan, the family interpretor told me. "Do you know why we lose so many? Because we have the heritage of being good fighters for what we believe!" That said, she sat down with me  and we worked out the details of their third family funeral, losing three to the conflict of the time.  The last was 46 years ago, when the final one of these three gave his blood violently to the cause for Country.

I know there are flags by the several  hundreds today at the Memorial Park where their remains  and so many others rest, each marking  a life of a real person, each cut short of the 72 years or so we might hope for, and all in the name of Country, State, township, and God. I can see in my mind's eye the remaining family, setting out extra flags all around their memorial sites side by side by side, and spending time at their graves

I save, "in the name of God" for last, as it is the strongest of the reasons for them to have served and died so soon in their expected  lifespan. They died, - I have lived, and long enough for me to learn of God, know my creator, and bow  a knee to him. Might it be that; God  has extended eternal mercy on these young that gave their blood so violently that I and many others might live and live long enough under God's sovereign plan to come to know Him. That  is my plea,  prayer, and thanks given today as I remember, and maybe enjoy a hotdog.

For the hotdogs are part of remembrance too. May we each remember that our fun is in part paid by a extremely valuable token that was the life of a young person, or three, or thousands upon thousands that are all heros.

Praise God for His mercy and grace upon us.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

In Memory of:

Heros!

The many, so many that are not with us today  for they  wore a military uniform, gave their blood to their death, for Country, State, Township, and God.

From so many walks of life heroes were birthed to be violently cut short of 72 years that we may have 72 and if by God's grace a few more too, in relative freedom and peace.

A salute  is given, and a tear is shed, for all the young that never made the status of aged civilian.

The hot dogs, the chips, watermelon, and corn, the day at a beach or park,  on  a Monday off to begin yet another summer. Remember it's high price please, and take that moment for  a salute and a tear in memory of:

I especially remember three that I did not know, except through their family. I probably never would have known of them in this life had they not been killed serving in uniform. For they were of a different race, a different family tradition and culture, and  a different education. Each died in uniform, a violent death  serving this land's military.  

The third time the family came in to arrange  the military  funeral  of yet another of their clan, the family interpretor told me. "Do you know why we lose so many? Because we have the heritage of being good fighters for what we believe!" That said, she sat down with me  and we worked out the details of their third family funeral, losing three to the conflict of the time.  The last was 46 years ago, when the final one of these three gave his blood violently to the cause for Country.

I know there are flags by the several  hundreds today at the Memorial Park where their remains  and so many others rest, each marking  a life of a real person, each cut short of the 72 years or so we might hope for, and all in the name of Country, State, township, and God. I can see in my mind's eye the remaining family, setting out extra flags all around their memorial sites side by side by side, and spending time at their graves

I save, "in the name of God" for last, as it is the strongest of the reasons for them to have served and died so soon in their expected  lifespan. They died, - I have lived, and long enough for me to learn of God, know my creator, and bow  a knee to him. Might it be that; God  has extended eternal mercy on these young that gave their blood so violently that I and many others might live and live long enough under God's sovereign plan to come to know Him. That  is my plea,  prayer, and thanks given today as I remember, and maybe enjoy a hotdog.

For the hotdogs are part of remembrance too. May we each remember that our fun is in part paid by a extremely valuable token that was the life of a young person, or three, or thousands upon thousands that are all heros.

A beautiful tribute and yes we should always remember those who did not come home, this day is for them and yes I knew a couple who did not make it

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

God's peace surround the fallen warriors that have given their lives in defense of this nation and our people. Hero's every one. And God strengthen and protect the hero warriors in uniform today who commit to defense of this nation and our values. Thank you for your service. 

And God's light expose those who are false, claiming they are military , when they are liars and cowards undeserving of the perks their fiction grants them from a public that does not know any better. 

Arlington National Cemetery aerial view

Bing's home page has a drones-eye view of Arlington posted as the wallpaper there today. Amazing picture. Breaks my heart to see all those white headstones dotting beautiful green manicured lawn. It is a cherished reminder though that freedom is never free. It comes at an incredibly high cost. And as such respect for those who insured America remains free is paramount in my life. God bless our armed forces. And the families that stand with them. 

45 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Have a blessed Memorial day. ................Thank You all who have served, those still with us, and those who gave it all.

84117628.jpg

That picture always makes me cry. 
When I visit the Vietnam memorial in D.C. I weep because it is one enormous headstone. :( God's mercy to all who passed on in service to this country. And God's strength and peace be with every POW all over the world. And with the MIA's who will never be forgotten. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I had never seen that picture before.  Very powerful! 

I have tremendous respect for people in the armed forces.  They do a job I know I couldn't do. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

In Memory of:

Heros!

Thanks Neighbor for sharing this today. And like you said, "Praise God for His mercy" on us. Hope you have a great day. Blessings.

6 hours ago, Bill16652 said:

A beautiful tribute and yes we should always remember those who did not come home, this day is for them and yes I knew a couple who did not make it

Hi Bill1665, I am sure that days like these come back with a flood of memories. Knowing those who lost their lives must make a day like today so meaningful. Blessings. 

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Have a blessed Memorial day. ................Thank You all who have served, those still with us, and those who gave it all.

84117628.jpg

Thank you, Gary, for sharing this picture with us. It is hard to look at it and not begin to feel for those who gave their lives and the families who lost loved ones. Blessings.

10 minutes ago, daughterofGrace said:

I had never seen that picture before.  Very powerful! 

I have tremendous respect for people in the armed forces.  They do a job I know I couldn't do. 

It gives us a chance to take time and appreciate what we have now, reminding us that it came with a cost. Blessings.